No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's really interesting! I went to London not too long ago and I didn't see very many gluten-free or low-carb products during my short stay there. Although I noticed Pret offers salads now; I don't recall see it on their menu 5 years ago (or at least it was not heavily advertised). Maybe I had been really out of the loop haha. Did you find the chocolate goldenberries at a supermarket chain or more one of the smaller health food shops? Come to think of it, I don't know what would be the UK equivalent of a Whole Foods.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• I find them in a local organic/ wholefood chain which has a couple of shops in my city.

Interesting about London. Basically every restaurant in my city offers gluten free options and low carb diets seem to be all the rage. I suspect it depends on where you live (a little village isn't going to have stuff) but I'm surprised that London isn't even as up to date as here!

Comment

• Yeah, it is pretty interesting. If you don't mind sharing, in which city do you currently reside?

Comment

• Been off gluten for a week other than trace amounts, except for Friday evening. I had some joint pain on Saturday, but then it disappeared again. I'm just so happy my hip is finally recovering and my shoulders don't ache. Now I don't know what to do for my bread options as I love eating bread and butter. Time to comb the large WF in the area and make a special visit next I'm in SF.

Ate some babybel lights last night. I just had a sudden craving for nostalgia, so I picked up a couple of them at the discount store. They weren't too bad, but I was discouraged by the fact that the milk is not ABF/GHF so I do not think I will have any more. I've also been delving back into yogurt again. I'm so lucky to have all these options at the local markets that provide grass-fed dairy.

Comment

• I so dislike having this small allergy to garlic. Guaranteed bloat the day after every time. :|

Comment

• Feeling not that great this week. The combination of heat/humidity on and off and lack of good food choices has caused some bloat. And the TTOM. On the positive side, I hadn't had good dim sum in a while and it was worth it for the cheat meal. And it actually made me stop craving chocolate for a day.

For some reason, I really like trying to use up everything in my fridge/freezer. I get really excited when I finish my packages of pork or shrimp. Maybe I like to buy food too much? I don't know. Either way, I have to head to the market pretty soon. I'm down to 2 lbs pork and almost no seafood. I especially like the clear space in my pantry - whenever I buy something just to try and I don't like it, it bugs me that it's left there taking space without getting eaten. Maybe I should just train myself to throw that stuff out.

I've been eating chocolate in the evening again and I'm pretty sure it is the disrupter of my sleep since going to sleep is once again quite difficult. Will stop now.

I am so out of shape. I did a couple sets of 20 lunges and 20 squats and I was sore the next day...quite embarrassing exercise results lol.

I'm a little worried that I ground my tendons and ligaments to dust from the few years of intense exercise and yoga. Don't know where to turn for exercise at this point :/

Comment

• I think I'm going to have to quit yoga. As much as i would like to believe i am nailing the downward dogs, I think I am working out my tendons a lot more than my lats. I've actually got some pain this week that is more than a dull soreness, so laying low.

On another note, my pants are fitting nicely despite the fact that I'm around 131 still. Usually my pants feel tight at that weight. I'm doing something right?

Comment

• Also I'm a little concerned about getting diabetes... my mouth has been dry in this sticky way sometimes a long time after a large sweet treat. I'm eating a lot of candies with pure sugar and the caloric load is not minimal. Yikes!

Comment

• Yikes I think I have a lat injury, which I have finally narrowed down for. Now for some r&r. Maybe I will just do a month of walking/light jogging/easy leg yoga to give my entire body some rest. And no chocolate for real this time honestly...I feel that it has been somewhat inflammatory to my healing process. I have some clicking also in my hip but I heard this might have to do with weightlifting and the growth of tendons in the area. Good thing is no pain. But my hips/knees seem pretty tight since the area around my knees and the side of my hips are tender if I press hard enough. So hopefully they hurt less after this break too. I really wish I could stop wearing heels but I doubt I can manage that, so hopefully the removal of high impact activities can help. I can always go back and squat/lunge my bodyweight out but injuries can really set one back far enough if exacerbated. /stream of consciousness

Comment

• Holy cow. I just used the foam roller on my pecs. I just felt 5 years of exercise melt away in those glorious 2 minutes of motionless activity lying on my stomach whilst onlookers looked awkwardly.

Comment

• Allergies killing me and my sleep. Finally decided to take an antihistamine this morning and feeling much better. The scale hates me though.

Comment

• Scale hates me too.

#TeamAntiGravity
                          JOURNAL..
                          @BabesWithBBQ.
                          Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                          Professional Style Website.
                          #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
                            Scale hates me too.

#TeamAntiGravity
                            Lmao. There needs to be a hashtag about Asian problems too I feel. I bet if we were a different ethnicity our bodies would look nicer at our weight/bf levels ;P

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                              Lmao. There needs to be a hashtag about Asian problems too I feel. I bet if we were a different ethnicity our bodies would look nicer at our weight/bf levels ;P
                              Ugh I feel you girl, I feel you.

Although I feel like for my weight, I'm actually not AS potentially fugly as I could have been for this weight.
                              JOURNAL..
                              @BabesWithBBQ.
                              Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                              Professional Style Website.
                              #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
                                Ugh I feel you girl, I feel you.

Although I feel like for my weight, I'm actually not AS potentially fugly as I could have been for this weight.
                                Lmao! Care to share stats? I'm a bit curious as you are quite secretive about these details, lady!

Comment

Working...
                                X