No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling better today. Last night I had pork trotter and sauerkraut for dinner, which is the first real dinner I've had in a while. Maybe it was the gelatin or extra bacteria? Either way, my headache and nausea went away for the first time in over a week, yay. Back now, though. Maybe I need more rest.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• I think I finally realized that it is salt that I am lacking that is contributing to joint pain. After so much coffee, I bet my body is screaming for it. Will aim to get at least 1500mg every day.

Comment

• Poor Pao.

Comment

• The jet lag is killing me a little. But it's kind of nice crashing at 9pm without having to worry about getting to sleep, and although I am waking up at 4am, I've been taking my sweet time with breakfast and getting ready for work, which is a much more relaxed routine that bodes well for the start of my day.

I'm starting to fall in love with breakfast and caring a lot less for dinner. I bought some of Acme's French bread at WF as the Farmers' Market is closed for the holiday, but it is not to my expectation, I'm assuming due to the lack of freshness. Next week I'm going to see if I can get some fresh Beckmann's German bread at the Farmers' Market to see if I like that better. Yes, it is wheat. But a very delicious indulgence with some good-quality German butter I found (where is the Icelandic butter? That was really good back when it was still available at WF). I'm keen to try out the sheep's milk butter at WF, but it's something like $7 for 4oz :/ I'll be walking past that aisle regularly to see if it's on sale.

Speaking of dairy on sale, I saw Kalona cottage cheese on sale, finally, at WF. After I took a second look, I was convinced that they had raised the price on the 16oz tub since I last purchased it, as the sale price is the price I paid last time when I bought it not on sale. Ugh. Kalona is my favorite cottage cheese brand by far, but disappointed it's not more aggressively on sale...I guess most other patrons understand the value of the offering, so it's always been really expensive without need to mark down the price.

After a meal including hot and sour soup less than a week ago, I am still craving it. Not even a tablespoon of balsamic took away my craving. I guess I'm making it for lunch today.

Chocolate is finally giving me lots of acne. I guess after eating 1/4 pound of it a day consistently for a couple months, it catches up...

Did my waist get smaller? I tried something on at the mall at size 4 and it was a little loose. I don't feel that I've lost weight as my belly continues to bulge rather than stay flat after my workouts, so I'm wondering if my waist has actually gotten a bit smaller wide-wise. Either way, I'm the same weight at slightly less than 130...I know I lost a bunch of muscle due to the lack of any resistance exercise the last month (except for a couple pullups and some sets of squats). I'm a bit miffed at this type of progress. At the same time, I'm a little excited that my shoulders fit a little better into most of my tops...

Comment

• Wondering if the stomach pooch is from wheat? Hmmm...

Comment

• Well, crap. I have not been eating enough salt lately and my joint pain came back. In addition, TTOM interfered and drove me to overeat. I didn't connect the fact that I needed salt + my craving for lots of salty food until now. Unfortunately that was 3k cals of a lot of European chocolate, organic local wheat, and macadamias/butter. Horrible macros.

Comment

• I'd like to make a pate for my breakfast baguettes, but I'm too lazy to homemake my own as it is a lot of work, and the 5 oz packs at Whole Foods cost way more than I'm willing to pay. Ugh.

I'm a little annoyed at the prices of smoked salmon. I would like to have some for breakfast, but they are literally $1/oz. In addition, this is the price of the Costco one that I would have to cut up and individually portion. Everything else is 2x as expensive and with not as good quality fish/ingredients.

I really am enjoying waking up early to prepare breakfast, eat some cucumber/tomato and baguette/butter and fruit and coffee. It is so peaceful in the mornings.

Yesterday I broke down and got a tub of Kalona. It was so delightful. And then I ate a bunch of chocolate because I needed some fat to go down with all the protein sitting like a brick in my gut... But then it was a delightful meal of cottage cheese and chocolate. And fruit before that.

Comment

• Finally got my butt to a yoga class. The instructor showed us how to do side crow. And I finally did it! Now I know I need to stretch out a lot more before I should attempt the pose since it was actually quite easy, as we were doing the pose toward the end of the class.

Food - Not impressed with La Brea Bakery. Prefer the local Acme. Am trying Beckmann's right now and like the flavor profile of the German, but not the style of bread. Also I'm quite impressed with Safeway. I recently dropped into the store to see what they had, and there are a lot of ice cream, snacks, etc. that are quite good quality that can be found at Whole Foods. This is nice because I have a couple Safeways nearby that are 3x closer than the nearest WF.

Feeling a bit sick these days, so trying to rest up.

Comment

• Holy bloat. I ate a couple potatoes, which I have not in a while and my stomach went haywire. Also I ate too much food today again. Too much bread...

Comment

• Yoga was great today. In fact it was almost all stretching poses and I was expecting a difficult workout. I think it has helped me calm down a bit more from stress and in glad in hindsight that I took the class despite less calorie burning. I do hope that my arm and leg feel better tomorrow. My hip has not been well for a few months since that week I suddenly tried running a mile a couple times in barefoot shoes, and constantly sitting has not done it well. My arm has always not been great. But things seem better today. Could have eaten less chocolate and bread though.

Comment

• Just a note that goldenberries have been giving me insulin spikes that last for hours, but they do make my poo nice and smooth coming out. Unfortunately they are expensive and terrible for my teeth. Like all my other favorite foods...

Comment

• It may not help you to know that there are chocolate covered golden berries available...

Comment

• Originally posted by Urja View Post
                            It may not help you to know that there are chocolate covered golden berries available...
                            Haha, funny you mention it. I found them at a local Sprouts market before. It's kind of a funky combination, being both chocolatey and sour. I'm not sure I'm a fan, but I definitely do like them both separately!

Where might one find them in England? I'm curious.

Comment

• Yikes, I did poorly yesterday in maintaining my mini potato hack. I was able to maintain for about 30 hours with just xylitol breath mints as extra calories, but then yesterday afternoon I started to realize that I might have to eat a normal dinner, so I snacked my way through some empty calories. Then I had dinner, then had some chocolate, and then some bread and butter before sleep.

I'm wondering if my joint pain has anything to do with the fact that I've been eating wheat for a month, with 2 weeks of it being American organic wheat with added conventional things sprinkled in. I'm definitely going to cut it out to see if my symptoms get better. I've started to not be able to recover well in between yoga classes of all things, which are not so strenuous on my body as high intensity workouts. My hip has not felt better at all since I took up the wheat, which should have been, theoretically speaking, an easy feat. My wrists have been totally getting messed up, so that is what is concerning me the most.

Anyway, time to stop writing and time to start doing.

Comment

• There are loads of health/ whole food shops in the UK selling a random assortment of vegan/paleo/primal/glutenfree/organic/raw/etc stuff. In fact, even supermarkets are starting to carry a lot of it. Gluten free and low carb are both huge fads here. And yes I'm calling them fads, because I'm not talking about people researching stuff and making informed decisions to benefit their health. I'm talking about people going "Bread makes you fat. Oooh, look at those gluten free low carb muffins, they are sooooo good for you!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X