The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Lovely. Hopefully not too many people conflate me with the other person. I don't post very much anymore anyway.
    But but but I would miss you!!!
    JOURNAL..
    @BabesWithBBQ.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
    Professional Style Website.
    #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
      But but but I would miss you!!!
      Then get your butt over to NorCal already!
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Stress is a b* I'm starting to lose sleep again and beginning to rack it up in the weight department. I refuse to rely on magnesium or those YouTube music videos that calm you down.

Comment

• I saw vogue.fr and freaked out. Do you read their articles online? I'm debating whether I should get a years subscription to French vogue.

And hooray for black rice! I still have a pound of 2 year old rice left but I go on stints. I've actually found kaniwa at my local sprouts supermarket and was wondering what it was. Have you tried any of the other grains?

Comment

• The Chocoholic's Primal Road

I just go to my local bookstore and read everything there and read them scanned online (tfs and fashion gone rogue). I do have Porter, Marie Claire, Elle, and Harper's shipped to me, but for all those except Porter I got a $10/12 copies or something deal via groupon.

I do read French vogue's site. I love their editorials too but they tend to be very minimalistic and I am a maximalist by nature. I liked the magazine better when Carine Roitfield was the fashion director. Then they fired her and gave her spot to Emmanuel Alt who is amazing but more of a minimalist and more classic than edgy. :/

I don't read American vogue. It's too much pop and zero high fashion these days.
            JOURNAL..
            @BabesWithBBQ.
            #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• I haven't been following Vogue at all so I wish I knew what you were talking about with the old editor but I am definitely in for this year's September issue at least, just to have the pages. Birthday present round 2, ha.

Comment

• What the eff. I am getting tired of this hot weather. It is keeping me feeling bloated like nothing else. Can't wait to be back in drier, milder conditions. I have literally eaten 4000 calories over the past 3 days and no budge on the scale, even though I started weighing in on the first day of my period. :/

I am wondering if the extra wheat and sugar is making me rounder in the middle. I can feel my waist being pudgier, but I don't know if it's due to regular water retention from foods or the fact that I'm not really doing intense exercising so the muscle has gotten lazy. I think I strained a hip muscle from doing a week, every other day, of running + quick calisthenics after not doing HIIT on a regular basis for a couple months. This has prevented me from doing any type of working out, which is pretty disheartening. I haven't seen my quad muscle in some time now, so I am becoming a little antsy about this bloating + not being able to work out...

Edit: I also admit, I have been stressed out the last couple months as well. It might be affecting the weight gain also...
                Last edited by sakura_girl; 06-08-2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• I hear you girl! Although the colder weather makes me lazier than the warmer weather. When it's 5 degrees F outside I really cannot think of anything else to do than to snuggle under my comforter and watch netflix. Now that it's warm outside at least I can walk around in the morning before the Texas heat seeps in...
                  JOURNAL..
                  @BabesWithBBQ.
                  #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
                    I hear you girl! Although the colder weather makes me lazier than the warmer weather. When it's 5 degrees F outside I really cannot think of anything else to do than to snuggle under my comforter and watch netflix. Now that it's warm outside at least I can walk around in the morning before the Texas heat seeps in...
                    I haven't been in extreme cold like in the conditions you have, but I tend to be more active when it's cooler than hotter. I love going to the gym in the winter to warm myself up. So I definitely like the early morning walks here like you do. I can't even imagine living in Texas heat though how can you even take a walk outside with your siblings? Crazy! XD

Comment

• I guess I'm used to the heat? We tend to go around sunset, after dinner. It's hot but at least it's not blazin'.

I do run about 10 degrees hotter than everyone else these days though, thanks to eating HCLF. :S
                      JOURNAL..
                      @BabesWithBBQ.
                      #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Ah, I see. Yeah, still hot though...I would just go to the gym. ^^;

--

I am pretty sure I am allergic to mangoes now. I ate one from a family friend's tree yesterday, which was delicious, but I have some rashes today. Good thing I don't live here anymore, since the temptation with it always around isn't so good, ha.

Still a little ticked off about my weight. I still felt bloated today, resulting in the same weight as 2 days ago (yesterday I lost a half pound). Might have had to do with the mango though.

Comment

• Wow did deadlifts of just the bar only x10x2 and my pants fit better now. Odd.

Comment

• Wow, I had the hugest carb flu incident in the morning. Woke up with a huge headache and my body felt like it was on fire, even more so than my usual soreness after practices. Figured I didn't eat enough carbs yesterday, so had some today to make up for it.

Comment

• Funny there was a spam post about low carb flu. I think I might be going through it right now. At least I hope so. Otherwise I'm on the verge of getting sick :/

Comment

Working...
                              X