The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
    Weird. I get knee problems when I do too much elliptical (like 4 years ago), but I haven't had anything happen to me just yet. I AM doing wayyyy less cardio than I did 3-4 years ago though...
    I can see that happening. Kind of similar to shin splints I guess - I had those 5 years ago from excessive running. But right now the most I do is walking, but I don't think that's contributing to the pain since I've been doing it regularly for the past couple months and it's only coming up now? Unless it's a delayed inflammatory pain response thing... I guess in a sense you never know...
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• OR, now that I think about it, my knee issue might be related to the pidgeon pose, which I also just started reincorporating into my stretching routine on Monday. Hmmmmm...

On another note, I really really dislike TTOM. I made the mistake of making green tea and not black tea this morning too, which may or may not worsen the stomach pain.

I've been stuck at 133 lbs this entire week. I'm getting a bit nervous, as whatever weight I am at the end of TTOM tends to stay with me as my "set point" for the month afterward. It's really frustrating because on the days I've been racheting back on the calories, I am still bloated and weigh 133. I don't know what I can do to get back down Also I'm hella sore from tabata squats earlier this week that I haven't done in years, so maybe the water weight is also partially due to that. And my back is having problems fitting into my blazers - maybe too zealous on the pullups?

Comment

• Maybe take a break from all non-walking workouts for a week, eat sparingly after you get off of TTOM, and drink tons of water?

TTOM doesn't change that many things for me PHYSICALLY (except for pimples, blergh), but mentally it has a huge impact. I'm significantly dumber during TTOM. *Sigh*
        JOURNAL..
        @BabesWithBBQ.
        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
        Professional Style Website.
        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
          Maybe take a break from all non-walking workouts for a week, eat sparingly after you get off of TTOM, and drink tons of water?

TTOM doesn't change that many things for me PHYSICALLY (except for pimples, blergh), but mentally it has a huge impact. I'm significantly dumber during TTOM. *Sigh*
          I like that suggestion and will take it. Thank you for lending an ear

I get the pimples too :/ Everyone compliments me for having nice skin, but I'm always like, NO there are spots on here >_> I also get the mental aspect; I'm more easily distracted.

Comment

• Quick note: switched to black tea and now I am feeling a little better. Phew.

Also was starting a rice hack since I have a lot of rice at home that has been sitting around for the past 2-3 years. Although I have failed as of this morning due to special events at work. Hah.

Edit: one more note and I'm done. Regarding the shoulder/back bulkiness. I've also had been really trying to zero in on proper form during my yoga last week. This means shifting more strength into the back/shoulder muscles instead of ignorantly pressuring the joints and tendons. Big difference in workout, big difference in results.
            Last edited by sakura_girl; 04-10-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Officially going back to no wheat again here. I think I just need to adhere to this rule while I sort out the other stressors/food addictions. This is the easiest for me to eliminate.

Typed one handed while steering a dragon

Comment

• I don't know why, but adding a cup of rice or so in my meals is definitely helping my satiety significantly. I will continue to eat rice.

Comment

• Also kale is making me bloat a lot, not just in my digestive tract. Keeping in mind for future avoidance...
                  Last edited by sakura_girl; 04-12-2015, 08:07 AM. Reason: spelling...

Comment

• Actually... now wondering if my weight gain is all due to Claritin. I'm going to ease off and increase the honey to see if it works. Hopefully I don't get screwed over too much on my breathing.

Typed one handed while steering a dragon

Comment

• Those headaches people have spoken of that miraculously disappear after becoming paleo? Yes, those sugar headaches? I think I am getting those...time to boot off the sugar too. My body isn't doing so great these days, especially since the allergies make me feel terrible all the time regardless of what I eat, so I've been having an all or nothing mentality. Just a reflection. Also I am getting acne. It is really strange because last time I saw this many spots on my face it was in junior high. My face is usually extremely clear. :/ I've been whittling off the dark chocolate and eating more white chocolate, but maybe I need to stay away from cocoa altogether.

I rode my road bike finally today. I took about a 40 minute trip to grab some junk food. It was nice to be riding again, but not so great with the cold wind whipping its way to my core and into my already-allergy-hacked throat. I had to de-cobweb (yes, the webs were there long enough to be cobwebby!) my bike, which was a really disgusting matter. I am really hoping that I did not subject my head to spider eggs that do not die after a hot rinse of shampoo and conditioner and citric acid, from stepping into my shed or from putting on my helmet.

Comment

• Couple notes:

I'm concerned that some sharp jaw pain isn't related to orthodontics, but is actually a cavity. However, it doesn't hurt as much as a cavity normally would, but I have heard of horror stories where cavities are "removed," then later found out to infect the entire face. I had a cavity removal on that side of the jaw a couple years ago, and I didn't really trust the person doing it since she just rushed through her job and did a horrible cleaning right before the cavity job. I had since switched dental centers, but that part is burning into my mind...

Need to stop eating the yogurt chips/yogurt raisins. I think my face is constantly getting bloated from it.

Monkfruit. Need to stop eating it. Tearing up my gut. Ouch. Source: loquat throat drops and Arctic Zero. I thought it would be interesting to try from the new packaging because the flavor name changed, but it turned out to be the exactly same product that I had tried before. Oh well.

I'm also really torn on taking my anti-histamines. I really think it's contributing to the weight gain, but I feel horrible when I don't take them.

Comment

• Ugh, so bloated from last night's food. I guess I can't do burgers at night, even at the really paleo-conscious places. I was even more bloated from last night than from my Asian msg-full meal last weekend, so there was definitely something in the food that I guess American food has?

My jaw pain is still around, along with some new inflammation around my upper teeth, but I notice that it dies down after eating a good amount of vegetables. I have been slacking on that front; I've been eating 3/4 lb fresh veggies a day and 2 servings of fruit. Although calories have been averaging not too bad (1700/day every week), I think replacing real food with chocolate and chocolate covered nuts has been screwing up everything terribly, potentially affecting the acidity of my body.

Yoga has been making my hips sore/tight. Am I practicing too often? I haven't been going to the gym as often so yoga has been the thing. It usually helps me keep the bloating down, but these days I notice it doesn't help much.

Why are actors back in the 50's so much better looking than the ones nowadays?

Comment

• Another note I wanted to add. I'm finding I don't do well with legumes. I've tried working them back into my diet for the past couple months, and I notice they make me feel bloated, both gut-wise and water-retention-wise. Hard for me to get the poisons out of my body with this stuff making me hang onto everything, which I think has been affecting my significant weight gain. I had been eating a mix of black beans, peanuts, and cashews. Since cacao is technically a legume, I suppose it makes sense that I don't do well with too much of chocolate. I am also wondering if this is why I don't do well with decaf coffee in the afternoon, either, since I feel bloated after consuming it. Caffeinated in the morning, I feel fine because it's also a diuretic.

That, or I just don't do well with R3 starches. I just don't feel so comfortable after large quantities of cold potatoes, rice, purple yams, etc. And I suppose the roasted peanuts/peanut products, cashews, chocolate, coffee are all cooked-then-cooled, so they do have some degree of R3?

Comment

• Whoa... There's a second sakuragirl now. This is gonna be confusing.
                              JOURNAL..
                              @BabesWithBBQ.
                              Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                              Professional Style Website.
                              #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Lovely. Hopefully not too many people conflate me with the other person. I don't post very much anymore anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X