No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am wondering if I should keep a jar of honey at my desk. I just ate a couple chocolate honey patties and already am sick to my stomach. Would be great for keeping the snacking at bay, for sure.

Typed one handed while steering a dragon
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• A (not so quick) update.

My eating at night has gotten a little bit out of hand again. At least I'm not eating until really full, but I'm definitely at the 60% full right when sleeping, which is not so great. I've been bloated in the morning, resulting in weighing 130-131. I really need to cut back on the food, especially the chocolate, at night. I feel too gross in the mornings due to this.

Also, I am having a hard time sucking it up to avoid chocolate in general. It's so easy to have it as a snack...that then runs a total calorie count of 300-800, depending on the day. Not so great for longevity here. But this is probably due to stress since it's my "binge food" when I stress out.

I've found that shrimp and lotus increase my bloating. I guess I have to cut down...1/2 lb-1lb of each at a time per day; it's probably not so great for my digestion.

My shoulder pain has pretty much gone this week. I stopped the gelatin supplementation 2 weeks ago and just flat out stopped doing yoga. I've done pushups once or twice at the gym since.

Tuesday I did some yoga after almost a month long hiatus and am hella sore today. Also the nerves in my shoulder are acting up so now I'm at a conundrum between feeling more refreshed with yoga vs. shoulder pain. Or I can go to a really good yoga teacher and figure out what I'm doing wrong when I'm in downward dog switching to runner's pose because I think that causes my shoulders the most stress.

Comment

• The Chocoholic's Primal Road

I don't know if this will work for you, but I don't keep any snack foods (unless you count fruits as snacks) around the house. I can have protein bars, nuts, froyo, chocolate, chips, rice crackers, etc whenever I'd like, but I would have to go out to get them. When I crave them, I get them in very small packages and eat it all that day. This means I probably am going to be too lazy most of the time to get them, but I know that I can have it whenever I want it so it's not really an absolute restriction. After a few months I just stop thinking of reaching for those things even when I am out (except I loveeee froyo and will still get it about once a week!).

If I am hungry at night, I only have eggs/meat/veggies/fruit/dairy on hand. Even the cheeses are in the freezer so I can't just absentmindedly nibble on them. The only easily accessible foods are meal prepped lean protein+ veggies, or fruits, or greek yogurts. If I am hungry, I WILL eat (I don't starve). I just make sure it's usually a meal rather than some snacks.
        Last edited by TQP; 02-19-2015, 12:30 PM.
        JOURNAL..
        @BabesWithBBQ.
        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
        Professional Style Website.
        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
          I don't know if this will work for you, but I don't keep any snack foods (unless you count fruits as snacks) around the house. I can have protein bars, nuts, froyo, chocolate, chips, rice crackers, etc whenever I'd like, but I would have to go out to get them. When I crave them, I get them in very small packages and eat it all that day. This means I probably am going to be too lazy most of the time to get them, but I know that I can have it whenever I want it so it's not really an absolute restriction. After a few months I just stop thinking of reaching for those things even when I am out (except I loveeee froyo and will still get it about once a week!).
          Aww, thanks for the tip! I actually do go out of my way to buy a small package to enjoy in the house/office. On the days when I go out twice, the calories add up real quick. Plus, I keep feeling like I need to train myself to live with temptation in the house because what if later on I don't live on my own? I am not so good at the discipline in the food department.

Ironically, on days I buy sugar-only candy my calories are a lot lower, but I'm worried about the effects of that much pure sugar on my body scattered throughout the day.

Comment

• I'm a massive dark chocolate piggy... Yesterday I had 50g Lindt 99% and 100g Sainsburys 72%. Calorie wise I easily afford it but it pushes out other nutrients and I have promise myself I will stop! Today I did eat two proper meals so I let myself have an ounce of 100% chocolate with a big spoon of raw honey. But that's it now, I have to be good for a week at least. Gotta fit in some apples and bananas and other non chocolate treats! Fancy joining me in my simple mission of going 7 days without going coco loco?

Comment

On sugar candies vs fattier candies, (unless I am in ketosis) I find that I eat less calories when I eat less fatty foods in general... And more carbs. Carbs just satiate me more. I can down 3 lbs of protein doused in butter and still want a nibble of something. In comparison, I add a grapefruit or banana after dinner and I am DONE.

In any case, I find that the longer I stay away from a food, the less I crave it. I used to love Reese's and now I can say no to it easily. I used to love peanut butter and now I can have it in my apt (after not keeping it in my apt for well over a year) without eating more than a T at a time. So... You can try not keeping things around for now until you move in with someone. Try to be extremely picky about which kind of chocolate, and really focus on the experience of eating the chocolate (indulge, savor...rather than scarf down).
              JOURNAL..
              @BabesWithBBQ.
              #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by MuchLove View Post
                I'm a massive dark chocolate piggy... Yesterday I had 50g Lindt 99% and 100g Sainsburys 72%. Calorie wise I easily afford it but it pushes out other nutrients and I have promise myself I will stop! Today I did eat two proper meals so I let myself have an ounce of 100% chocolate with a big spoon of raw honey. But that's it now, I have to be good for a week at least. Gotta fit in some apples and bananas and other non chocolate treats! Fancy joining me in my simple mission of going 7 days without going coco loco?
                Yeah, I am noticing that too on the nutrients. It's not *that* bad for me, but I am especially concerned about the amount of chocolate as a percentage of total food intake, lol. I'd love to join you, but in my experience, I move from junk food to junk food as a snack replacement until I eventually decide that chocolate is my favorite one and at least I'd enjoy that one more. I'm not so sure cold turkey would help since I've tried before :S What do you think?

Originally posted by TQP View Post
                On sugar candies vs fattier candies, (unless I am in ketosis) I find that I eat less calories when I eat less fatty foods in general... And more carbs. Carbs just satiate me more. I can down 3 lbs of protein doused in butter and still want a nibble of something. In comparison, I add a grapefruit or banana after dinner and I am DONE.

In any case, I find that the longer I stay away from a food, the less I crave it. I used to love Reese's and now I can say no to it easily. I used to love peanut butter and now I can have it in my apt (after not keeping it in my apt for well over a year) without eating more than a T at a time. So... You can try not keeping things around for now until you move in with someone. Try to be extremely picky about which kind of chocolate, and really focus on the experience of eating the chocolate (indulge, savor...rather than scarf down).
                Totally agree on the fats screwing calories over. But similar to comments above to muchlove, I always feel like I have to have some sort of snack around. I don't mind eating 200 calories of pure sugar throughout the day in candies vs. the prior cals in chocolate, but I don't think that would solve the problem of always wanting to gnaw on something >_>

Comment

• Crap a drop of bleach has stained my favorite Tshirt while I was cleaning. 3 years of no incidents and I get cocky. Sigh.

I'm also tired of inhaling it when I clean but I don't know of any better alternatives. Vinegar exacerbates my mold problem...I notice that mold begins developing quickly in the areas I spray with vinegar after I shower. Very annoying. :S

Comment

Try chewing gum for "gnawing" feeling. Also, air-popped popcorn, grapes, berries. Anything lower in calories and not horrible for you.

When I stress eat it's pretty much always berries since it's low in calories and good for me.

Also, depending on fabric, color, and dye, perhaps you can redye the area affected by the bleach.
                    JOURNAL..
                    @BabesWithBBQ.
                    #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Try chewing gum for "gnawing" feeling. Also, air-popped popcorn, grapes, berries. Anything lower in calories and not horrible for you.

When I stress eat it's pretty much always berries since it's low in calories and good for me.

Also, depending on fabric, color, and dye, perhaps you can redye the area affected by the bleach.
                      Oh man, I so absolutely wish I could do gum but I got the braces right now :s gum is my number one appetite deterrent for sure.

I can't do berries or grapes because I will rack up the calories for sure. I've eaten 700 cals in berries in one sitting before. If I had eaten grapes it would have been more calories. Not to mention it stains my mouth; not the best situation at work lol.

Redyeing huh. I like the idea. What's a good dye to use and how does one go about acquiring these materials?

Comment

• You find dyes on Amazon or Walmart and pretty much anywhere similar. It works best for primary (easy-to-replicate) colors, or just dye the entire shirt in a new, darker color.

This dying only works on NATURAL fibers: cotton, silk, rayon, wool, etc.

Alternatively if it's a small area and it's black or brown or something, you can use a sharpie. Ghetto, but I've used a sharpie to get rid of small nicks on my leather/suede shoe or bag.
                        JOURNAL..
                        @BabesWithBBQ.
                        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

You find dyes on Amazon or Walmart and pretty much anywhere similar. It works best for primary (easy-to-replicate) colors, or just dye the entire shirt in a new, darker color.

This dying only works on NATURAL fibers: cotton, silk, rayon, wool, etc.

Alternatively if it's a small area and it's black or brown or something, you can use a sharpie. Ghetto, but I've used a sharpie to get rid of small nicks on my leather/suede shoe or bag.
                          Hm I'll look for my bright yellow shade in dye next time I go to walmart. Hopefully it's not too expensive! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Quick update. Been eating better this week, not nearly as much chocolate. This morning I was 129 even again and that's on top of being somewhat bloated. Hopefully the trend can start going downward again, yay.

Been a little stressed this week as well. Hoping I can relax this weekend.

Comment

• Woop woop. 127.8 this morning. Although I'm kind of scared that it was due to the high humidity in the bathroom this morning from my shower that screwed up the reading, since that has bit me in the arse before. I also had a small fever and chills last night so that might have contributed to the calorie burning...lol. In any case, I have been able to fit into most size 4 clothing. Just not clothes with tailored shoulders, ha.

Speaking of shoulders, I've been working on pullups at the gym without doing pushups. My shoulders are not seeing any pain. I looked up a couple yoga videos/blogs and they mentioned that one should not be chataranga-ing too low, or else the rotator cuffs will get strained. I am wondering if it has actually been the pushups that have been screwing up my back over the years.

Sleep has gotten worse again these past couple weeks. Could have been 1) increase in chocolate consumption at night or 2) lack of carbs. Been experimenting with carbs prior to sleeping and a Tbsp honey seems to help a little on top of the fruit I already eat. Black beans mixed with maple syrup and pumpkin does not seem to help much.

Comment

• Awwwww yeah, skinny Minnie!
                                JOURNAL..
                                @BabesWithBBQ.
                                #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Working...
                                X