No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False alarm on the gelatin causing pimples. Can confirm with visit from Aunt Flo. And why weight has not gone down this week despite a net deficit.

Bollucks. Also just found out that it's bad to combine shrimp with tomatoes. I guess I'll make some other soup with the shrimps in my freezer.

Sleep crappy the past couple days. Don't know the issue. Sigh...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Well this weekend's sleep has been wonderful. I am just grateful for the good sleep and the relaxation. I kicked it off on Friday with a yoga routine. Despite my hips and shoulders being slightly strained, per usual after self-yoga practice, not much has changed. I really need to join a yoga studio soon. If I ever become a student, I'll enroll in a yoga studio for the student discounts.

Calorie intake has been on average about 1650/day, and 1500/day net of exercise. After looking at PB2 for the past couple years, I finally took the plunge and got it. I went too crazy on it over the weekend, though. I finished the bottle in 2 days. That stuff was delicious, albeit extremely expensive!

Also I was bloated all weekend. Probably the sukiyaki's rice wine coupled with the soy sauce.

I finally finished the carrot juice, thank goodness. I was getting really tired of gingery carrot milk in the morning every single day, for the purpose of using up the carrot juice that I was afraid was going to expire. I love carrot juice, but that stuff every single day gets pretty tiring, especially since I stopped making smoothies at night.

I finally got to 2/3 of the way through Rhapsody in Blue. I was almost dreading it being more difficult with the odd chords being throughout the piece, but it's actually much easier to learn as it progresses. Now, to get to the end...and then perfecting it! On the positive side, I am almost done with getting Claire de Lune perfected. It has taken me nearly half a year since I only practice once or twice on the weekend and I was learning in conjunction with the Gershwin piece. I have La Campanella to learn in the future, but that one is going to be really hard to learn with my tiny hands that can barely reach an octave. It's amazing that I even mastered a Rachmaninoff piece with these ridiculously small hands...I am pretty happy with my body, but one of the things that I would change if I could is to have at least slightly bigger hands!

I am getting lazy on learning French. There has been almost no progress in the past few weeks. All I remember from the most recent lessons was "la chose," which is a word I already knew. I need to be more disciplined on this one, ha. So much to do these days, though.
      Last edited by sakura_girl; 01-20-2015, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• The Chocoholic's Primal Road

You can just get peanut flour and add salt to it yourself. Cheaper.

I am surprised you finished a whole can in one weekend! It sure is delicious though. I only use about 1-2T in smoothies or soft serves.
        JOURNAL..
        @BabesWithBBQ.
        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
        Professional Style Website.
        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
          You can just get peanut flour and add salt to it yourself. Cheaper.

I am surprised you finished a whole can in one weekend! It sure is delicious though. I only use about 1-2T in smoothies or soft serves.
          Haha, I have been looking and can not find the flour for the life of me. Also I'm contemplating organic because of the stricter handling of them with the toxic molds?

I eat it by the spoonful so that's why I ate it so fast. Maybe it's better I stop here and just not get any? It was my binge food in college.

Comment

• Yeah if you can't help yourself i wouldn't get more. PB used to be my favorite food to get fat on as well, but strangely I've stopped wanting it so much since going peat. Salty nuts of all types (lol) are still something I can't stop after just one serving on, so I never buy more than 1-2 servings at a time when I really want some. Recently that "really want" has decreased to maybe 3-4x a year.
            JOURNAL..
            @BabesWithBBQ.
            Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
            Professional Style Website.
            #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
              Yeah if you can't help yourself i wouldn't get more. PB used to be my favorite food to get fat on as well, but strangely I've stopped wanting it so much since going peat. Salty nuts of all types (lol) are still something I can't stop after just one serving on, so I never buy more than 1-2 servings at a time when I really want some. Recently that "really want" has decreased to maybe 3-4x a year.
              That's awesome. Yeah, nuts for me thankfully are no longer an issue (unless enrobed in chocolate, lol) but peanut butter and Nutella are a different story. ..

Comment

• Well one way I might have screwed up today was that I was curious about the organic peanut butter powder, which was on sale at Whole Foods today. I ended up buying it and eating half :x Afternoon snack?

Comment

• So yesterday I ended up doing the elliptical instead of walking on the treadmill for an hour. Definitely worked up a sweat, and I noticed that my joints and muscles aren't as sore as they usually are like on the treadmill. I used to be a snob about not using the elliptical, but I'm wondering if that's just better in general than the weird adjustments my legs need to make in order to accommodate moving ground.

Comment

• Ok, I think by the end of this week I should be done with the other jar of faux peanut butter and then I can go on my merry way losing weight again. I've been stuck in the 129's lately (thank you Aunt Flo), but should be trending downward although I don't think the peanut butter helps at all.

Also I am on the search for dragonfruit. That stuff is hella expensive ($3.99/lb at Asian grocer, $6.99/lb at WF...) and really difficult to find in a not-rotting state. I am going a little bit nuts right now over that fruit.

I sort-of violated my new year's resolution. I vowed not to spend any money on chocolates. However, I did buy, for the past few days, an ounce or so of bulk trail mix including chocolate that totalled up to $1.50. I'm going to stick to coffee from now on...

Comment

• I think I found the answer to all my joint issues lately. Salt. I stopped eating it for dinner, which might have had an impact during the sleeping process. Will give salt a couple more days to see.

Comment

• Ok, wasn't salt. Or I wasn't diligent at exercising enough to make a lot of sweat. Either way, I failed to supplement salt at the end of the day on the weekend and I had no issues.

By the way, chocolate PB2 is crap. It tastes like peanut butter that halfway through the palate decides that it wants to taste like chocolate, so there's a lot of sweetness and some hints of cocoa, and then it just ends up being a big blob of lumpy half peanut-tasting sweetness at the end.

Comment

• Omnivore salt, by the way in case anybody is wondering, full of something similar to MSG. I used it for 2 days for lunch and it has resulted in a 4-pound weight gain. This water weight slowly coming off, but this stuff is pretty strong.

Joint pain slowly getting better. Maybe it's a result of better anxiety/stress management? Wondering if it's fibromyalgia that I was getting. Either way, thank goodness it's receding! I really want to do some pullups :S

Comment

• I'm never buying chocolate in serving sizes of greater than 400 calories again. >.>

Typed one handed while steering a dragon

Comment

• I'm a little pissed off that I'm still awake. Have been relaxing and trying to sleep as of 4 hours ago. Sigh. I've been doing so well on the sleep lately too.

A couple notes on why today might suck. One is that I drank coffer in the morning with hotter water than normal. 2 cups might be a bit too much caffeine. Second is that for the past week I've been enjoying chocolate at night time and my body has finally had it. Third reason might be adjusting to lower calorie regimen again since I've been overeating and gaining weight the past couple weeks (not that much weight gain though, thank goodness). Fourth is realizing how much work I'm going to need to do over the next couple weeks due to a notice I got yesterday.

I just downed some raw honey. I've done everything else I could that helps with the sleep so this is my hail mary.

Typed one handed while steering a dragon

Comment

• 130's all week while eating tonnns of chocolate at night. Somehow I maintained weight on this much food and 5-6 hours average sleep. Then I find out it's Aunt Flo coming early. Well thanks, Aunt Flo. Hopefully things get better during the weekend and cravings subside.

For fun, top 5 foods since I joined Cronometer:

1. Candies, semisweet chocolate
                                2. Apples, raw, with skin
                                3. Oats, raw, dry, whole
                                4. Egg, whole, raw, fresh
                                5. Sugar, turbinado

Need to work on improving this list...lol! However, it doesn't help the list that I switch around my proteins and vegetables often, so in a way, it's kind of good in that I'm getting some variety. Although looking back, I probably have a daily entry of either chocolate or sugar somewhere >_>

Comment

Working...
                                X