The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MuchLove View Post
    I m 24...so I am officially an adult wearing braces and therefore a weirdo!
    Awesome sauce. I'm in my twenties too, so let us suffer together

On top of my braces, I have clients who are 2x my age so they look like they are 3-4x just by looks since I'm Asian. I really can't wait to get them off.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Could not sleep until around 2 last night. At around 1 I crawled out from my bed and had some magnesium and a short massage. Verdict: probably too much chocolate or caffeine in the coffee left over from the past 3 days of hard, caffeinated coffee.

Eff, my fridge is still adjusting opening the door from the other side. Last night when I was cooking, the door was kept slightly ajar and my new bottle of Straus milk this morning was only slightly cold. :/

I was feeling really tired yesterday despite having gotten 6-7 hours of sleep. I was on the brink of being sick, too, and my tendons were all hurting. Somehow, with 6 hours last night, the pain went away and I do not feel sick or tired. Hoping the gelatin helped, especially since I just ordered a huge batch of Knox. I also hope I didn't just shorten my lifespan by another month with this "recovery."

Comment

• Okay, I need to stop bingeing on bad chocolate. Seriously. Yesterday I ate 2200 calories, and half of that was bad chocolate. Sheesh. I was so surprised to hop on the scale and see 129 pounds this morning. Was expecting much more, ha.

Also, I think I will need to lay off the pullups and pushups for a month and see how things heal. Yesterday at the gym was totally full of fail. I managed to do 1 pullup and then realized that I need more recuperation on my shoulder. I am waiting on my shipment of Knox to come in, but otherwise eating crappier, Springfield, gelatin that I found in the discount store. Tastes weird.

Comment

• I finally had my tomato seafood soup again yesterday. I absolutely love all the flavors, with the tomato, cilantro, seafood, and green onion. The tomatoes from Sprouts these days are getting sour, so I have to look for a new grocery store to buy them to see if they are any different. But the soup was still good.

Had an entire bar of dark chocolate yesterday. I have one more in the cupboard. I'm going to try to go a month without chocolate, seriously this time. I am starting to develop really tiny pimples on my head and I have never gotten acne before. I noticed they receded in the past few weeks, when I was eating an oz of chocolate or less a day.

I'm going to miss my walks down Waikiki. It was so easy to walk around in Hawaii since the weather is beautiful and everything is so green, with fresh air. It is so cold in the Bay Area - I went to the airport at a solid 80 degrees and came back to 40. I need to do more walking this year, too, since all my injuries are preventing me from doing proper workouts. I will figure something out.

Yesterday I did a really brief circuit of the following with the best form I could:

3x:
          10 box jumps
          10 squats
          16 lunges (8x each leg)
          10 pushups
          10 L sits on the dip bar
          20 single leg deadlift, bodyweight (10x each leg)

Good thing was the pushups weren't too bad. I could do all of them in a row without my shoulder hurting. Squats were easy as heck - I could probably still front squat a good amount. I think either the lunges, box jumps, or the deadlifts are killing my hip/knee, though. Going to try to hyperfocus on form now. Also, limber 11 like crazy.

Comment

• I found out why I have shoulder problems. My sports bra. :/

Edit: And then I reinjured it after a couple days of no pain by going ahead with a couple pullups and carrying something heavy at a weird angle when trying to avoid traffic at Costco. Sigh.
            Last edited by sakura_girl; 01-03-2015, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
              Haha, we should get bumper stickers printed with the same logo too. :P I kind of wish I were doing back office work also, but I find more joy in meeting clients, so it's pumps and blazers for me most of the time. Although these holiday weeks are pretty laid-back office-wear-wise.

How old are your kids? Are they missing mommy at home now that you're working?
              Yeah, not completely back office like the Ops line or anything. I bet they get to wear sweats, THERE! HA!

I'm in a suite with 35 other people, all in suits and dresses. So suits and dresses for me too. I did go an try on some leggings/sweater combinations the other day, but it just looked like I was about to go work out, no matter how much I tried to dress it up. So I spent 300 dollars on more suits and dresses instead! HA!

The job was only supposed to be part time. I was doing Envision plans for my FA's clients. So I worked 7:30 to 1:30. Then he decided that I was better than his full time person and begged ME to go full time. Sigh. So tomorrow is my first full time day.

I'm a little scared about going solo, as there is so much to do, but I'm looking forward to the Full Time Paycheck, that's for sure.

Kids are 9 and 12, and their father works from home, so they'll still have a parent here, but they and I are both sad that I won't be able to pick them up from school anymore, or have Fridays off. I'm a little weepy over that (the picking them up from school part), and it took them a LONG TIME to adjust to me working part time in the first place, but I'm hoping the extra two hours a day, M-F, won't be too bad. I mean, I'm going to work, not off to war... but they can only see "right now", so, yanno.

I'm studying to take the Series 7 and it may just kill me. I've already put in 72hrs, and need about 130 more. So much math, so much bullshit, so much to KNOW. How in the world is anyone supposed to memorize all this shit? Impossible. If I pass it, I'm buying myself a new car. HA! And if not, I will get fired and come home and continue to live the sweet life -UNPAID. Snort.

Congratulations on your new low! And sorry about your shoulders That is not fun at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                Yeah, not completely back office like the Ops line or anything. I bet they get to wear sweats, THERE! HA!

I'm in a suite with 35 other people, all in suits and dresses. So suits and dresses for me too. I did go an try on some leggings/sweater combinations the other day, but it just looked like I was about to go work out, no matter how much I tried to dress it up. So I spent 300 dollars on more suits and dresses instead! HA!

The job was only supposed to be part time. I was doing Envision plans for my FA's clients. So I worked 7:30 to 1:30. Then he decided that I was better than his full time person and begged ME to go full time. Sigh. So tomorrow is my first full time day.

I'm a little scared about going solo, as there is so much to do, but I'm looking forward to the Full Time Paycheck, that's for sure.

Kids are 9 and 12, and their father works from home, so they'll still have a parent here, but they and I are both sad that I won't be able to pick them up from school anymore, or have Fridays off. I'm a little weepy over that (the picking them up from school part), and it took them a LONG TIME to adjust to me working part time in the first place, but I'm hoping the extra two hours a day, M-F, won't be too bad. I mean, I'm going to work, not off to war... but they can only see "right now", so, yanno.

I'm studying to take the Series 7 and it may just kill me. I've already put in 72hrs, and need about 130 more. So much math, so much bullshit, so much to KNOW. How in the world is anyone supposed to memorize all this shit? Impossible. If I pass it, I'm buying myself a new car. HA! And if not, I will get fired and come home and continue to live the sweet life -UNPAID. Snort.

Congratulations on your new low! And sorry about your shoulders That is not fun at all.
                That's great on the full time! There are a lot of new benefits to be had with this new change ;D Congrats!

Do you head over to Specialty's for lunch often? Their cookies are bomb. I don't care if they're not primal - some of the best cookies in town!

Good luck on the studying. I totally understand your sentiments on putting all that effort into memorizing a bunch of static information. Hope it finishes soon.

I'm sure your kids will adjust soon to all their newfound freedom :P Pretty close to those teen years! Bet you can't wait, huh?

Thanks on the shoulders. I think it will be ok soon. I really do think it's been my sports bra. I've been wearing a regular bra to work out for the past week and I am no longer getting pain in my shoulders all the time, only for the couple hours after I attempt the pullups, heh. Still chugging the gelatin, though! My hips and knees feel crackly still, though not in pain.

Comment

• Goodness gracious, I had a ton of coconut cookies over the past couple days and the resulting gas problems have been UGLY. I am so glad that I ended up not visiting a ton of clients this week because I am pretty sure some stenches were eminating from my office. Not to mention the constant trips to the bathroom in order to make really small poops. Guess I'm not doing that again.

I can't get my mouth to stop chomping these days. I don't know how to get myself to just STOP GRAZING. I rack up a good 300 calories from sugar (both good and not so good quality) and I am worried I am going to get diabetes and more cavities. This is a bit frustrating.

On the positive side, I have been consistently at 128-129 pounds this past week. So once I stop bingeing/grazing on snacks, I can actually lose some weight and get to size 4. There are a couple size 4 jackets that don't look too bad on me right now, so if only I could make the effort, and then I could fit into the clothes I have buried in my closet from 5+ years ago... A moment on the lips is forever on the hips... totally does not work on me.

Comment

• Woot, this morning I put on my medium-sized belt and I am at the last notch. Time to get a new, size S belt!

So at my last gym workout, everything has been pretty easy except the hanging leg raises. I have not even been hanging on the pullup bar and doing them, but on the dip bar, where there is a nice cushion on the butt to help me stabilize. I notice that this exercise also requires me to use my lats. I don't know how much longer I can go without those arm exercises like dips and pullups. Ugh. In any case, I will increase the reps per set. The last week or so I was doing, for 3 sets: 10x box jumps, 20x squat, 10x lunges, 10x pushup, 10x single leg deadlift, 10x hanging leg raises. Going to try 1.5x the volume and see where that goes.

Also I have been inflamed for the past week. I need to stop eating baked foods ahhhhh.

Comment

• I'm speculating that any pain I felt this week was due to the wheat. There have been a lot of European holiday cookies around, and I have been eating a lot of them :x I guess I'll see next week if I have any pain if I a) don't use a sports bra, b) don't eat any wheat, and c) continue with gelatin supplementation.

It is taking me forever to learn French. Why aren't I as smart as I was in high school? LOL

Comment

• Ok, another speculation. The pain could have also been from the tight tank top I wear to sleep since it is mildly constricting to my muscles. In any case, I have stopped the wheat and the constriction.

I got a little overzealous yesterday and tried to do another pullup. Could only manage 1, but I was also severely calorically restricted and could barely do my regular bodyweight workout.

Don't know why my sleep is going to shit again. Having trouble getting to sleep lately. It's either the overdoing of coffee, the overdoing of ginger in the morning, or the overdoing of exercise. I'm letting go of the ginger first, obviously!

Comment

• The Chocoholic's Primal Road

I can't sleep when I don't eat enough calories... :P
                          JOURNAL..
                          @BabesWithBBQ.
                          Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                          Professional Style Website.
                          #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
                            I can't sleep when I don't eat enough calories... :P
                            Trust me, I've been eating like a horse the past week or so, 2000+/day. Coincidentally, that's when my sleep went downhill.

Edit: And when I meant severely calorie restricted, I mean with 1,300 cals under my belt during that day when I decided to stop being a fatty @ 130 pounds on the scale. Would like to lose that uncomfortable water weight!
                            Last edited by sakura_girl; 01-12-2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Last weekend I had a ton of acne just pop up on my face and stay for the entire week. I think it's the gelatin and will lay off of it for now...

Comment

• Another wandering thought:

I wonder if it's too much bodyweight exercise I'm doing in a week that's causing my terrible sleep patterns. This happens every other day. Maybe I should decrease to just 2x/week. I'll see how that works.

Comment

Working...
                                X