No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aww, thanks Julie! I appreciate your kindness! I think I'm going to go with the Knox brand for now; I don't mind the taste or the clumpiness. I just want to take something without having to consistently purchase pounds of bones or pork trotter. Great to hear about your hip, though. Since I have my own hip and rotator cuff strains, it sounds like the gelatin would be a great bonus to my diet for the next couple months. How much do you take every day?

Where are you working right now? General industry and/or geographic region-wise.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Totally hear you!

I take 4 tablespoons a day, sometimes 6 if I remember to take two before bed.

I work for Wells Fargo Advisors. I'm a client associate for a Financial Advisor.

I generally wouldn't tell all that, but I am so tired of people just hearing "Wells Fargo" and then ask me if I'm a teller.

I AM NOT A %*^&$!!! TELLER!!!!!!!.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's a high rise in downtown San Jose, 14th floor. I get to wear suits and everything.

After wearing basically nothing but sweats and holey jeans for the past 13yrs being home with the kids, it's QUITE the switch up, lemme tell ya. HA!

How are YOU doing?

Julia

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
        Totally hear you!

I take 4 tablespoons a day, sometimes 6 if I remember to take two before bed.

I work for Wells Fargo Advisors. I'm a client associate for a Financial Advisor.

I generally wouldn't tell all that, but I am so tired of people just hearing "Wells Fargo" and then ask me if I'm a teller.

I AM NOT A %*^&$!!! TELLER!!!!!!!.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's a high rise in downtown San Jose, 14th floor. I get to wear suits and everything.

After wearing basically nothing but sweats and holey jeans for the past 13yrs being home with the kids, it's QUITE the switch up, lemme tell ya. HA!

How are YOU doing?

Julia
        That's awesome on your job. Congrats! I know what you mean, I get that question about tellers from people as well even though I'm a commercial lender. I am growing to really love suits and heels. I used to be all about the flats and cardigans, but fashion is getting to me. Are you into that stuff?

Doing well, I am getting used to life in Silicon Valley. It's starting to get routine though, especially since paleo has gotten really popular along with crossfit. I'm getting a little tired of this "fad" and all the people being into the same stuff. Do you ever get bored and all that?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Hi! How did you know you had rotator cuff strain/tendinitis? Was it from an injury? Overuse?

I'm interested because I have a lot of arm problems and don't know exactly what the issue is. I was in a car accident about a year and a half ago...rear ended by someone who fell asleep at the wheel...I was the passenger. My arms have not been the same since. I've been to the chiropractor and had the scar tissue broken up, which made them feel great for awhile, but have had a lot of pain again for awhile now. I've been having some pretty deep tissue massage therapy lately...might be helping a little. I have pain all the way from my upper arm through my forearm...mostly just on use. They feel okay when not using them, which really sucks because I can't work out like I want to. I also get pain in my upper back/shoulder area when running. I know I would heal so much faster if I let them get completely better before using them again, but man is that a challenge for me!

I also have pretty severe carpal tunnel syndrome going on right now. I've been wearing braces every night for months and still wake up with numb hands. I've been thinking about using gelatin lately... Am going to get serious about it and buy some this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Norajane718 View Post
            Hi! How did you know you had rotator cuff strain/tendinitis? Was it from an injury? Overuse?

I'm interested because I have a lot of arm problems and don't know exactly what the issue is. I was in a car accident about a year and a half ago...rear ended by someone who fell asleep at the wheel...I was the passenger. My arms have not been the same since. I've been to the chiropractor and had the scar tissue broken up, which made them feel great for awhile, but have had a lot of pain again for awhile now. I've been having some pretty deep tissue massage therapy lately...might be helping a little. I have pain all the way from my upper arm through my forearm...mostly just on use. They feel okay when not using them, which really sucks because I can't work out like I want to. I also get pain in my upper back/shoulder area when running. I know I would heal so much faster if I let them get completely better before using them again, but man is that a challenge for me!

I also have pretty severe carpal tunnel syndrome going on right now. I've been wearing braces every night for months and still wake up with numb hands. I've been thinking about using gelatin lately... Am going to get serious about it and buy some this week.

I have had shoulder issues since I got serious with my snatches at the gym. I figured I was over straining my shoulder since my arm would be numb a lot, similar to what you're describing. I also had mild carpal tunnel, I think due to the heavy dead lifting without proper holding technique which strained my wrists. The first time around I just stopped lifting heavy and it got better. At the time I also supplemented plenty of gelatin since I had a 5 lb bag I bought 2 years ago and figured I should finish it off.

I've gotten issues again I think due to my poor pull up and yoga pose form. So I am trying to lay off a bit on the arm exercises.

It seems like you're having an issue that would take a long time to heal. I know someone who is still getting pain 10 years after an accident. I'd recommend not exercising your arms at all and supplement a LOT of gelatin to see if it works. I also would recommend looking at your posture which also might be making your tendons strain even while not exercising.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Sounds like we'd both benefit from t-shirts that read: NOT A TELLER.

ha ha ha!

Well, with regard to fashion, we're in a suite, so suit and heels is the norm around there, but 9 months in, it appears that
              some days I'd be able to get away WITH the cardigans and flats (we rarely have customers in our building, and if we do, *I* never see them!) soon.

I do like dressing up, but I've pretty much been there done that the first half of my life, so these days it's a little old, and I'm looking forward to a more "comfortable" way of dressing. That said, if I DID meet with clients, for sure I'd be all about fashion.

But for opening trust accounts, placing trades and making required minimum distributions on IRA accounts, those cardigans and flats are sounding mighty dreamy.. Ha!

With regard to paleo and all that, I'm not really around other people that are into it. Or, at least I wouldn't know it if I was, as I've learned a long time ago to keep eating styles and workout regimens to myself. So I really don't know who's doing what, and I really don't care either, as long as whatever I'm doing is working for me.

That said, I do roll my eyes a lot at all the new x-fit places opening up. There are gajillions of them. I see the people in there killing themselves and I just think to myself "dudes, you really don't have to work THAT HARD". But if people like it, they like it. Heck, *I* used to like it, and then I thought, "shit, if I have to work this hard to stay THIS WAY, f*ck it! Not worth it!" Finally figured out that I do NOT have to kill myself to stay where I am at this point, and that is nice. But, then again, I am 46 and there is a LOT out there that I just don't give 666 shits about anymore. It's freeing I guess.

Dunno if any of that made any sense.

Julia

Comment

• Yes, totally helpful. Thanks!! I will start using the gelatin pronto and try very hard to not use the arms at all. I know they are never going to get better if I continue to use them before they are totally healed.

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                  Sounds like we'd both benefit from t-shirts that read: NOT A TELLER.

ha ha ha!

Well, with regard to fashion, we're in a suite, so suit and heels is the norm around there, but 9 months in, it appears that
                  some days I'd be able to get away WITH the cardigans and flats (we rarely have customers in our building, and if we do, *I* never see them!) soon.

I do like dressing up, but I've pretty much been there done that the first half of my life, so these days it's a little old, and I'm looking forward to a more "comfortable" way of dressing. That said, if I DID meet with clients, for sure I'd be all about fashion.

But for opening trust accounts, placing trades and making required minimum distributions on IRA accounts, those cardigans and flats are sounding mighty dreamy.. Ha!

With regard to paleo and all that, I'm not really around other people that are into it. Or, at least I wouldn't know it if I was, as I've learned a long time ago to keep eating styles and workout regimens to myself. So I really don't know who's doing what, and I really don't care either, as long as whatever I'm doing is working for me.

That said, I do roll my eyes a lot at all the new x-fit places opening up. There are gajillions of them. I see the people in there killing themselves and I just think to myself "dudes, you really don't have to work THAT HARD". But if people like it, they like it. Heck, *I* used to like it, and then I thought, "shit, if I have to work this hard to stay THIS WAY, f*ck it! Not worth it!" Finally figured out that I do NOT have to kill myself to stay where I am at this point, and that is nice. But, then again, I am 46 and there is a LOT out there that I just don't give 666 shits about anymore. It's freeing I guess.

Dunno if any of that made any sense.

Julia
                  Haha, we should get bumper stickers printed with the same logo too. :P I kind of wish I were doing back office work also, but I find more joy in meeting clients, so it's pumps and blazers for me most of the time. Although these holiday weeks are pretty laid-back office-wear-wise.

How old are your kids? Are they missing mommy at home now that you're working?

Originally posted by Norajane718 View Post
                  Yes, totally helpful. Thanks!! I will start using the gelatin pronto and try very hard to not use the arms at all. I know they are never going to get better if I continue to use them before they are totally healed.
                  Awesome, keep us updated on your progress!

Comment

• Short note - I weighed in today and I'm in the 128's! I'm so excited given the amount of MSG I've ingested over the past 10 days as well as the sheer amount of food and lack of proper exercise. However, I did reduce my chocolate intake, so that might have also had some impact. Today I ate about 2 oz of chocolate and my heart has been hammering away. I need to keep some easily-accessible fruit somewhere...finger-food that won't make my hands all fruity, but small enough so that I don't break my braces on them.

Comment

• Yayyyy congrats on the new low!!
                      JOURNAL..
                      @BabesWithBBQ.
                      Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                      Professional Style Website.
                      #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Wait...did you say braces? Did I imagine that you just said braces? I have braces!

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
                          Yayyyy congrats on the new low!!
                          Thankies!

Originally posted by MuchLove View Post
                          Wait...did you say braces? Did I imagine that you just said braces? I have braces!
                          Yes, I have them on my teeth. Hopefully I can get them off after another year in them. What about you? How long will you have them on for?

Comment

• Had them on...I want to say last July? Hopefully only need them for a year. Stupid brace story: I managed to break the wire off one of the back brackets by eating a particularly crunchy carrot. A freaking carrot! I feel like all the cool kids are messing up their braces with gum and popcorn and here I am with my stupid raw vegetables...

Comment

• Originally posted by MuchLove View Post
                              Had them on...I want to say last July? Hopefully only need them for a year. Stupid brace story: I managed to break the wire off one of the back brackets by eating a particularly crunchy carrot. A freaking carrot! I feel like all the cool kids are messing up their braces with gum and popcorn and here I am with my stupid raw vegetables...
                              Are you in high school? That's not too long of a period to have braces. In time for prom, maybe?

Comment

• I m 24...so I am officially an adult wearing braces and therefore a weirdo!

Comment

Working...
                                X