No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd actually disagree with the body knowing that it's morning vs. night. I think there's a sleep cycle to consider and I try to avoid making it difficult for my body with food when I enter sleep. I would acknowledge that maybe my body is thinking I am starving a little, but I have had no luck with eating more and losing the lbs, so I just eat less and it's easier to lose slowly that way.

Protein makes me crave fat if I eat too much I don't know if you have ever gotten this feeling. For me, if I go overboard on it (e.g. 120g) then I go nuts for fatty food. I feel that I'm actually better off eating slightly less protein. On second thought, the days that I do go overboard on chocolate I eat super low fat meals and at 60-70g protein by end of lunch. Idk...thoughts?

I can eat 100% chocolate and the cravings won't go down until I consume a bunch, same as regular dark chocolate. I'm not sure how to fix this O_o Kind of weird because most people don't like it this dark and can probably stop. I love it so that might be why darker doesn't mean less cravings for me. The chocolates that are publicly available aren't extremely horrible like Snickers or Reese's, but definitely aren't gourmet either - in the Godiva range, which is acceptable to my palate unfortunately, especially in desperation mode XD

Trying to cut down on the sugar for sure. I do notice a larger bulge in my midsection when I go a little too overboard.

Idk, now that I've typed this out, the more I feel like it's a "suck it up" kind of thing when the cravings hit. I'm very bad at sucking it up when it comes to chocolate but excellent at sucking it up when it comes to virtually anything else.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Day vs night: my point is that your body doesn't know you've hit your calorie limit "for the day" or not. It knows whether you've been eating a lot in the past month+ or not. The whole calories per day is a mental concept. I wasn't disputing the fact that there's circadian rhythm.

Protein: Hm. Not sure why that is, although isn't dark chocolate high in fat anyway?

Cravings: I don't know what will work for you but I've noticed that when I go higher in carbs, my cravings for dark chocolate just went away. I used to "need" chocolate every single day as well. Emtropy was the same way and named her journal after it, but she said that she stopped eating nearly as much after going higher carb.

A lot of my cravings... Chocolate, nuts, chips, etc went away when I stopped eating low carb. So weird.

Annnnnd yes. It is kind of a "suck it up" deal in most instances. You just have to get over that hump of not eating chocolate for a while. The more I eat something the more I want to eat it... Candy, dark chocolate, peanuts, avocados, pasta, bread, whatever. Then when I cut it out for a month I stop missing it.
      JOURNAL..
      @BabesWithBBQ.
      Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
      Professional Style Website.
      #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Oh I get what you're saying on the calories per day. That would actually explain for why I went on a month long binge on 3k-4k+ calories per day after starving for a semester in college xD

Well high protein before I eat the chocolate haha. Before the chocolate I'm usually at 10g fat, 150g carbs and 60g protein.

I'll try the higher carbs. Maybe that will work. And sucking it up.

Thanks for your input! It really helped to just go over everything and bounce ideas out loud.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• On another note, I hate the impeccable timing of my period. Yet again it comes smack dab in the middle of a potato hack. I've been doing it for the past couple days with smoothie dinners and some candies but it has been going well. I always feel like I need to nourish my body when the monthly flow comes so I'm going to eat some more substantial foods for the next couple days. Blargh

Edit: actually I wonder if it's just correlation. A week before my period and I eat everything in sight and never am full. And then some time after these splurges I try a hack to get the food levels back to reasonable levels. And then the period comes. Hm.

Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-20-2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Amazingly, I am 130.8 as of today... pretty sweet after >2k calorie/day week, though yesterday I managed to net about 1k

It is raining and I am being too lazy to clean the house. I also really want to go out shopping x_X

Comment

• Yooooo text me (I lost your cell ) I am driving back to SF now.
              JOURNAL..
              @BabesWithBBQ.
              Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
              Professional Style Website.
              #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Just texted you!!

Comment

• Aww, 131.6 today. Must have been the 360 cals of frozen yogurt I ate in the afternoon. Not doing that again x_X

Really sore. And kind of achey. I think it's a mixture of being outside where there is cold wind and not eating enough calorically. Going to take a break from exercise.

Comment

• Hi there sakuragirl,

I feel your pain! I am a hopeless chocoholic... I gave PB a go earlier this year, and made some real progress, but then I got a bit overconfident and stopped posting.... pretty soon the chocolate monster was stalking me again, and I was munching away like a delirious monkey... gross... lindt, green & blacks, cadburys... whatever, just gimme lots of it... melting with coffee.... mmmmm..... then I get skin issues and feel all wired and anxious... anyway, here I am, back again... let's beat the chocolate monster!!

Hugs,
                    Lucas
                    Goals:
                    • Bodyfat 25 May 2014: 22.5 per cent
                    • Target bodyfat: 12 per cent

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• Originally posted by exsugaraddict View Post
                      Hi there sakuragirl,

I feel your pain! I am a hopeless chocoholic... I gave PB a go earlier this year, and made some real progress, but then I got a bit overconfident and stopped posting.... pretty soon the chocolate monster was stalking me again, and I was munching away like a delirious monkey... gross... lindt, green & blacks, cadburys... whatever, just gimme lots of it... melting with coffee.... mmmmm..... then I get skin issues and feel all wired and anxious... anyway, here I am, back again... let's beat the chocolate monster!!

Hugs,
                      Lucas
                      Nice to meet you! Yes, let's conquer it together! Especially this holiday season with the chocolates all over the place :S !

Comment

• Eff I hate this insomnia problem. I have a long drive tomorrow to make. I tried sleep music, magnesium and self massage a couple hours ago. Now I took some activated charcoal and honey. Boo on bad timing

Comment

• Rather than beat the chocolate monster, embrace and make the chocolate monster your friend. Go for the lowest sugar content you can tolerate. I started adding raw cocoa powder and stevia to plain wholefat, pastured yogurt to finally break ties with the sugar and keep the chocolate.
                          Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
                          Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

• Originally posted by John Caton View Post
                            Rather than beat the chocolate monster, embrace and make the chocolate monster your friend. Go for the lowest sugar content you can tolerate. I started adding raw cocoa powder and stevia to plain wholefat, pastured yogurt to finally break ties with the sugar and keep the chocolate.
                            Ehhhh you wouldn't know my capacity. I can definitely put away a quarter pound of 100% cacao unsweetened chocolate if I didn't control myself. Anything that contains anything other than sugar, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla to mix with the chocolate barely qualifies as chocolate to me. Can't do cocoa drinks, can't do those calorie bomb balls with cacao and mainly nuts. It has to be chocolate for me i don't know how you do that with yogurt. I find it so unappetizing to mix the flavor of cacao with something so sour in a non citrus way. Props to you!

Comment

• On the bright side this week I've gotten to 129 lbs and maintained. My guess is that after going hard core at the gym on a regular basis, I retain water indefinitely while losing some fat. Then when I stop exercising for a couple days, my bloat goes down along with some additional fat and muscle.

Yeah solidly at size 6 again! Would be extremely happy at between 2 and 4. Was a size 0 at one point but I looked like a stick.

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                                Ehhhh you wouldn't know my capacity. I can definitely put away a quarter pound of 100% cacao unsweetened
                                Do more, not less. Jenne Calment consumed a kilo per week and did so until age 122.
                                Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
                                Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Working...
                                X