No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well shit. So much for potato hack LOL. I ate a box of kidney beans tonight because I was so damn hungry when I got home AND after I ate a lb of potatoes. Settled at about 1k calories, net being sub-1k due to some walking and some light yoga. I'm not sure if the caffeinated coffee with 1/4 cup 1% milk had anything to do with the hunger. In any case, I felt my pants get slightly less tight late this afternoon before I got monstrously hungry. Maybe I need to keep a stash of potatoes around work and just eat that for dinner...

My breath hasn't gotten funny, but I'm getting a little low-carb-flu-ish so I think I am slightly settling into ketosis.

Last night I had some honey at 1am. Getting earlier and earlier lol. I just took mine at 10pm so hopefully I can get to sleep sooner this time >_> This is a really whacked-out potato hack, but I am trying the best I can at being healthy while being sick and maintaining sleep.

I have some homemade salsa and black beans ready to go for lunch tomorrow. Then I'll do potatoes for dinner. And then the next day do some splurging for lunch!

OK will sleep now.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• So what went down yesterday was black beans with homemade salsa for lunch, then 1 lb potatoes for dinner. Was still super hungry afterward, so I ate 1.75lbs more of uala. That's right. 2.75 lbs of potatoes/sweet potatoes down for just dinner. My calories were happy, though, since they were sub-1000 for 3 days prior. Also couldn't resist the Chupa Chups as an after dinner snack. Hope that didn't deter much (about 50 cals). I'm wondering if the 1/4 cup milk in the morning is causing all of the hunger, though. Didn't need the honey to go to sleep, though I did have some magnesium like I did for the past 3 nights. First 2 nights of potato I was doing magnesium + advil. Yeah, I know the advil is bad.

I went on a humongous chocolate binge today though. 3oz of dark chuao chocolate. It was on sale. Also there was coconut in it. I could not resist. Also had pulled pork for lunch along with some shrimp. So I'm sitting at 1200 calories right now >_> I am absolutely stuffed, so I am planning on doing my gym for tonight and then will just have a bit of soup with potato, maybe a bit of fruit, before bed. I hope my weigh in at the gym shows a little progress!! :S

Comment

• So I know I've been a bit whiney for a while, but my gut finally retracted a bit yesterday after I had a great emptying on the toilet bowl. I've been sick also, coupled with a sprinkling of insomnia, so it has just not been fun in general. Especially since I'm the type to enjoy keeping busy and doing things.

Bought a German milk chocolate bar and ate ALL of it this afternoon. Wtf. Need to just not have chocolate around I guess. Why don't I have any self control >_> I just want to go back to how it was around this time last year when I was actually well-put together, exercise, sleep, and eating-wise. Boo.

On the plus side, last night I tried some yoga and the shoulder stand was MUUUUCH better than I previously had done. Since I have been wearing heels for a while, my balance was a little off, but I'm happy that this much stabilization has finally occurred to my underworked abs.

Comment

• Holy crap. I've been averaging 50g fiber a day. I should be able to subtract that 200 calories/day from my total and feel better

Comment

• Man. this week on sleep has been absolutely brutal. I go to bed 8-9 hours before but actually getting half that amount in sleep :x

Although there are spots where I feel awake the entire time but also I am able to recall dreams from that time. So I am so confused

I haven't been able to get any exercise in either. Gah! Plus the calories are up again I need to stop leaning on chocolate.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Why are fall fruit so awesome. There is such a big difference in my groceries in the spring/summer/winter vs fall. Everytime else = no fruit, maybe some berries. Fall = apples, asian pears, grapes, pomegranates. I could eat half my weight in fruit this time of year

Comment

• More rambling before bed.

Yes, my sleep has improved this week. I'm excited to sleep tonight. Maybe tomorrow I'll play the piano. Good times.

Food-wise, things have been a little better. I've consumed almost the rest of the chocolate in my house so hopefully I'll stop eating so damn much of it...

This weekend I had a chance to do a couple rounds of pullups, pushups, and squats after a few crappy snatches. So far this week my calves have been huge. Correlation? Probably. Now I'm going to be scared to do snatches :/

Been trying to do some light yoga every morning with a ton of sun salutations, while adding in a vinyasa routine every week or couple days. I've also experienced an increase in hip pain and knee pain in general, so maybe that's going to be a no-go in the future =.= It is really bad that I'm a pusher and I always overdo things. Even stretching apparently...

Comment

• Still doing well on the sleep and notting getting sick front. Yay!!

Food-wise I'm getting better slowly and my cals normalizing. I think my glycogen stores have died down since I'm at 134 for a couple days straight. I finally got myself a (nice) scale to weigh myself at home so that I don't agonize over going to the gym and weighing myself... I can also measure my body fat on this scale, which I thought was a pretty nice feature. I'm at 25% right now so hopefully it trends down to the low 20's/high teens and I should be golden. Don't think I'll ever get as low as my 15% in the college days though. Measured by the water dunk method...it was 13% on the bioelectrical method. >_> So maybe I'm actually 27% bf now hah.

Changing my schedule a bit now too. Trying to do stuff in the afternoon because I think yoga in the morning is too fast for my stiff limbs and I end up overstretching a couple muscles. I can definitely do deeper stretches after I get home from work, so it'll just have to be that way. Maybe once or twice a week.

Yay on life in general. I have reached a level of peace.

Comment

• Yay I got to 132 yesterday morning. This is like my pre-college weight and junior year weight about halfway through my semester long binge. Hopefully I can get into the 120s over the next couple weeks.

Sleep going a little downhill but wondering if caused by still generous amount of chocolates. I'm not eating any stimulants past lunch though.

My pull ups are also going downhill. And pushups. Air squats still so easy despite not having squat at the rack for over a year. Holy carp.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Hit 131.5 briefly this past weekend, but it went right back up during the weekend xD But nothing like a good old Chanel Ready to Wear show to help the cravings these days.

Also, why did I not find out about Trader Joe's macarons before?? I just discovered these and am pretty addicted. Most of the macarons I find around here aren't that great, so it's nice to just buy standard TJ's ones that taste just as good, but 1/4 the price each. Macarons are so pricey, but I am willing to part with $5 for 4-6 snack servings B)

Yoga is killing my hips. I'm going to stop.

That is all.

Comment

• I have a bad chocolate addiction. I have eaten so much chocolate in the past month that I am starting to develop skin issues, and I have never in my life have had skin issues. Oh my goodness.

My overall calories have been low, it's mostly that chocolate > real food on a lot of days...

Edit: I am also 90% sure that this is why my hip pain and shoulder pain have continued over the past couple weeks. I won't friggin stop eating chocolate. HOW TO HAVE SELF CONTROL
                        Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-16-2014, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Maybe you'll eat less chocolate if you eat more calories? Chocolate is calorie dense so it could just be your body screaming for calories...

Maybe more protein?

I also have certain foods where I have less self control over. Those foods are not brought into the house in large quantities. I will buy a 1-2 serving portion (a very small chocolate bar, a singles pack of chips or of nuts, a small pack of sour gummy worms) or bake a small batch of some baked good and finish it that day. I find that this strikes a good balance of depriving myself of a junk food and of stuffing myself silly on junk.
                          Last edited by TQP; 11-18-2014, 08:01 PM.
                          JOURNAL..
                          @BabesWithBBQ.
                          Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                          Professional Style Website.
                          #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Thank you for the feedback TQP!

On some days I eat 500 cal breakfast, 500 cal for lunch and then I will eat another 500 in chocolate in the afternoon. Sometimes the chocolate monster even starts in the morning and I get to 800-1000 calories before lunch. Would you still think it's a calorie issue?

Don't think it's a protein issue. I get on average 80g/day and I have not touched weights in a loooong time, so my muscles shouldn't be too starved for it?

I like the portion idea - I've sort of tried it. The issue with that is mostly at the office, since I don't get too crazy with chocolate at home. During the day I get the munchies and I start pawning "public" chocolates and it gets to a lot by the end of the afternoon >_>

I've also sort of kept the chocolate at bay on some days by keeping turbinado sugar candies at my desk. However, these add up to 200-300 cals over the course of the day because I'm constantly popping them. Is this also detrimental to my body?

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                              Thank you for the feedback TQP!

On some days I eat 500 cal breakfast, 500 cal for lunch and then I will eat another 500 in chocolate in the afternoon. Sometimes the chocolate monster even starts in the morning and I get to 800-1000 calories before lunch. Would you still think it's a calorie issue?

Don't think it's a protein issue. I get on average 80g/day and I have not touched weights in a loooong time, so my muscles shouldn't be too starved for it?

I like the portion idea - I've sort of tried it. The issue with that is mostly at the office, since I don't get too crazy with chocolate at home. During the day I get the munchies and I start pawning "public" chocolates and it gets to a lot by the end of the afternoon >_>

I've also sort of kept the chocolate at bay on some days by keeping turbinado sugar candies at my desk. However, these add up to 200-300 cals over the course of the day because I'm constantly popping them. Is this also detrimental to my body?
                              Your body doesn't work on a 24 hour schedule. It doesn't recognize morning = blank "calorie slate", so eating a bunch of chocolate in the morning vs night matters way less than how many calories have you been eating in the past month. If your body thinks you are starving, it's because you haven't eaten enough real food within the last month or more. (This is all assuming that it's just your leptin signals making you want more calorie dense foods...if not, move on to the below methods)

Protein staves off hunger and cravings, whether you "need" it or not.

Portion- just don't go near the candy jar and don't eat any sugars (only HQ 90% dark choco in small amts when craving strikes) for a few days. You'll notice the cravings go down. I just had to convince myself that I am too good for the average candy jar and deserve only gourmet chocolates and candies that I LOVE. Make it somewhat hard to get to the dark chocolate pieces so you only grab one when you realllllly need it, but for your mental sanity you aren't 100% barring yourself from chocolates at work (stark deprivation rarely works and just result in binges).

I don't think 200-300 (or any amt of calories) of sugar is detrimental unless it's replacing real food or being used as a crutch. Here, it's definitely the latter and possibly the former in conjunction with your chocolate consumption. Find some other thing to snack on... Jerky or an apple... For now... Just to get over the "must snack on something" urge. I use protein bars (not the best solution, I know) for about a week or two whenever I had gotten into the habit on snacking on some sort of empty calories, and then aim after than to stop eating the protein bars and just eat more real food.
                              JOURNAL..
                              @BabesWithBBQ.
                              #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• The Chocoholic's Primal Road

On added sugar in general: I don't advocate for nor against it. I don't rely on it (or any source of empty calories) but I am not going to be upset/paranoid over the use of some plain old cane sugar or maple syrup in my kefir/yogurt/occasional chai.

I do get fluffier whenever I eat too much of it, but I just chalk that up to more empty calories.

(So basically it's the in-between opinion of peat vs paleo)
                                JOURNAL..
                                @BabesWithBBQ.
                                #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Working...
                                X