Clear All

• Oat milk recipe?
    JOURNAL..
    @BabesWithBBQ.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
    Professional Style Website.
    #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• I have a soymilk maker. I put in oats and not soybeans.

I've tried making it the long way with the blender and straining and it's way too much work and time >_>

Do you make oat milk?
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post

Do you make oat milk?
        I haven't. I need to! Rice milk and oat milk both. I love rice milk but it's filled with veggie oil when bought from the stores.
        JOURNAL..
        @BabesWithBBQ.
        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
        Professional Style Website.
        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
          I haven't. I need to! Rice milk and oat milk both. I love rice milk but it's filled with veggie oil when bought from the stores.
          Totally get you I used to buy the boxed ones once in a while just because I love the taste (plain). I was so happy to get a soymilk maker. It has been life-changing. Consider it, if you can spare! Almost like how all the married folk tell me their cuisineart blender has been life-changing XD But in all seriousness, I use this machine every day.

Comment

• Quick note for the 4th:

Last night was the same again! Couldn't sleep til 4. Tried to go to bed at 11. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong; maybe need to sleep earlier? In any case, I feel headachey but not sleepy.

Had a great conversation with a friend at a coffee shop this morning. Sadly, could not get the caffeinated coffee because scared of what it would further do to complicate my sleeping issues. Very sad because this is my favorite coffee roaster in the area with a nice/convenient retail location. Sigh.

Holy hell, ate way too much at the bbq today. Stupidly drank some sangria, which led to a heavier headache. Then came home and ate a shitton of chocolate. I am almost a bit nauseated. I think my calorie count for the day has only been 1800. Will do yoga to calm down...

Watching old movies these days. I am surprised that I am not impatient with the pace of the movies, though I think they are actually pacing them very well. I love the 50's fashion. I am also developing another girl crush. This brings me to 3 girls now, sigh. I should probably get some Mad Men episodes after this.

Ok, I'm going to stop the rambling for now.

Comment

• Sleep on night of the 4th: couldn't until 1am. Slight improvement from 4am, though I woke up at 8:30, which lent me only 7 hours or so of sleep.

Sleep on night of the 5th: YESSS I could feel myself not have that ring of stress around my temple. Probably drifted to sleep around 11:30 and woke up at 7:30 this morning, but feel like I'm not tied to a ridiculously late sleep because of the previous reason of stress? daylight hours? etc. but instead because I've been going to sleep late the past week and my body is trying to align the times, which is easily fixable.

Wow, need to start some kind of hack asap. Yesterday I ate some really salty (but delicious!) pulled pork for lunch and went to a wedding at dinnertime, where all the appetizers were super salty. The food was generally good, but damn, that salt! Woke up with a swollen face this morning. Also had some champagne, so I don't know if that was what caused my calm-downness? Though the previous day I had some sangria, so I don't know...

I am so happy watching all these older films. I get excited with the costuming apart from the generally good story lines and actors. I can't wait to start Mad Men to see the fashion inspiration on that show. Yay!

Comment

• Sleep going up and down lately.

No gym workouts for the past week.

A bit of yoga, which did not help.

1600 calories average on the past week.

138 pounds at the gym today, but this is the different gym that puts me 3-4 lbs heavier than I am at another gym. Also I had a smoothie and 1 L of oat milk before I went. Gym today was just some walking.

Pretty much it.

Comment

• Try eating fresh dates as a chocolate replement, it will carve sugar cravings, but non refined sugar & lots of minerals.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by Al_noor89 View Post
                    Try eating fresh dates as a chocolate replement, it will carve sugar cravings, but non refined sugar & lots of minerals.

Do you mean the medjool or Asian red ones? I think the medjool dates make me feel overly full (like bananas) in a gross way if I eat a couple.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Not medjool, Persian fresh dates, like from Bam region. They are juicy.

Attached Files

Comment

Not medjool, Persian fresh dates, like from Bam region. They are juicy.

Huh. This is the first I've heard of them. Do you have any advice on where to find these?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• In London, I get them from Persian, Arabic or Turkish shops. International, mediterranean food stores & offlicense, they would usually sell Turkish delight & other delicacies. So try in these places if you can. You could possibly try by ordering online also.

Comment

In London, I get them from Persian, Arabic or Turkish shops. International, mediterranean food stores & offlicense, they would usually sell Turkish delight & other delicacies. So try in these places if you can. You could possibly try by ordering online also.

I'll look for them next time I go to this plaza where I know there's an international food store. Thanks!

Comment

• I think my weigh-in on the 24th was a typo; I'm showing 136 on cronometer at that time. But in any case, I'm 135 as of Thursday! With 1 L of sparkling water in my belly. Definitely feel more plump in my midsection lately; not sure if it's really fat or if it's just bloating since my arms haven't de-bloated as much as I'd like. Or just the fruit in my stomach still digesting/collecting.

Still having the chocolate problem. It's becoming a real problem [>100g/day]. Haven't gotten the time to get those dates yet to try, either :/ But upping my fructose intake significantly over the last week has not only significantly increased my calorie intake [1800 average this week] but also has created a few stomach issues, mainly because really cold fruit at night isn't good for my gut.

Sleep improved this week. Last night was tougher, but at least better than last week. Not sure if it's the increased carbs or just tiredness.

Loving Costco again. There's poke this month! Also I bought huge bags of frozen fruit for smoothies and a 6-pack of egg whites. Huge ass grocery bills late this month due to the bulk. My freezer is full and happy.

I bought a cute lunch bag online. Hoping it comes in as expected. Have been using Whole Foods bags. Can't wait!

That is all on the updates.

Comment

• Quick note: calories at 3k today and don't feel disgusting. I am either really calorie deprived or just finally my body has stopped being on overdrive and I can eat without feeling sick. Either way, I am happy it likes the fruit [600 cal] and macadamias [400 cal] and chocolate [1,000 cal] I fed it today... in addition to chicken liver [150 cal] and shellfish [300 cal] and lamb [150 cal]. I could almost call this caveman except the chocolate is a bit much and I had a ton of oat milk also.

Comment

Working...
                                X