The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I've also started to spend an annoyingly long time on Pinterest to look for outfit inspirations...everything on my board is French lol
    When is your wedding????
    JOURNAL..
    @BabesWithBBQ.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
    Professional Style Website.
    #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
      When is your wedding????
      It's off :/ I don't want to talk about it.
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
        It's off :/ I don't want to talk about it.
        Oh I am so sorry. :/
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUL0M__g1k4
        JOURNAL..
        @BabesWithBBQ.
        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
        Professional Style Website.
        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Aw that was so cute XDDD I'm not a fan of cats but that was a good set of videos

Comment

• Well in other news....I have so much time now!! This is really fricking awesome. Because 1) I can clean a lot more now, which helps with the allergies; 2) I have more time for hiking and eating blackberries on the trails; 3) I can go to yoga a lot more often; 4) I can play starcraft again [not exactly sure if this is a positive, actually]; 5) I can watch videos, which include more runway shows; and 6) I am more free to drive up to East Bay and San Francisco [South Bay can get pretty boring]. WooooW O____O so much freedom.

Comment

• Wow. I need to tone down the starcraft. Had a tough time sleeping last night. Usually I'm a heavy sleeper through the night but all of last night was so light. I only played for 2 hours yesterday and ended at 7pm but maybe the added chocolate also had some impact.

My calories haven't been below 1500 for a week. Maybe I need to tone down the gym and do more yoga?

Btw I want to give a short rant on how awesome yoga has been for me. It's been transformative in the way I walk in that I feel more "pulled upward" and have my shoulders down and away from my ears. Since the arches in my feet have been strengthened, I have a great line of definition down my shin that I never used to have. Makes my legs look great in heels. Finally, it gives me some time to myself for some peace. I think that is the most valuable of all. I can't wait to master more of the poses and be able to gracefully get into and out of difficult poses. The only thing is that I haven't figured out the shoulders thing exactly so my rotator cuff gets some irritation. I need to work on that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• I injured my shins today doing box jumps. First time in my life. These bruises throb like hell. I started tearing up, not because of the pain, but because of how careless I was and how I wouldn't be able to wear a nice dress for the next few weeks and if they didn't heal up properly, what I could do... A trainer off duty saw me and got me an ice pack. I think he thought I was starting to cry because of the pain. :/

Comment

• I'm getting slightly addicted to pinterest. It's such a great site for inspiration on fashion. My board is starting to get ridiculously large.

I can't wait until I'm a size 2/4 again. This time I know how to get there in a more sustainable manner. I want to get there faster so I can start buying up a wardrobe. Thus pinterest has been a little bit unhealthy in that regard.

Also the weight loss has been such a help on wearing heels...10 lbs makes a huge difference on the pressure on my feet being jammed into my shoes. I can't wait until 10-20 lbs even more.

Comment

• Must...buy...more...A-lines and pencil skirts O_O <--- too much time on Pinterest

Comment

• Alright, finally got my weekly average calories to 1600 again. Trying to now just cut all the chocolate in the evening as a de-stresser and focus on something more healthy. Maybe just more reading and screw the computer?

Yesterday was so productive. In the morning I was so sore from the Friday night's vinyasa class since I hadn't done a lot of the poses in a while. I skipped out on the salsa cardio class that I wanted to try out in the am, but there will be another 9 opportunities in the future before October. I went to the Farmer's market nearby my house, which I just found out exists. They have a coffee roaster there that does Maui beans. I have not found a roaster in the area that has Hawaiian coffee beans, which I prefer due to the low acidity and that they are the least likely to give me a headache. I picked one of those up, along with a bunch of produce, and am ready to go about my week with the foods. I also bought a blazer and pants (separately) from Macy's (RL) that is size 6...it looks pretty good on me, but I know it will look even better after shedding a few more lbs. Then played the piano for an hour...my Rachmaninoff piece I'm finally starting to re-get the hang of since the last time I performed it was 4 years ago O_O and tried my hand at this new Gershwin piece I really love (Rhapsody in Blue). I also went to Costco to pick up some poke because they happen to be selling it for the 6 weeks leading up to June 22. Then I went on a brief swim because yesterday in general was so hot, and I ended my day with a lb of poke and Starcraft while making coconut milk ice cream, then a bit of light reading before bed.

Started this morning with some black coffee and weeding. Hopefully I can get to the stuff I made from my soymilk maker. I am seriously addicted to that stuff.

And there we have it. Yay stream of consciousness.

Comment

• Ughh my stomach is in torment this morning because of the 2.5-3 lb cauliflower I ate last night as a way to use up my egg whites (cauliflower fried rice!). I woke up in a sea of my own gas. Good thing is that my gas actually smelled good, like food was cooking o.o; but yeah, made the mistake of drinking cold water this morning and that made things worse :x

My sleep has completely sucked for the last two weeks, having woken up prematurely at 6am every morning and having trouble getting to sleep while having very light sleep in between. I think because when I take a break from coffee it's only a day. Going to try for no coffee until next Monday to see how that goes.

Comment

• Last night I felt pretty nauseous due to the amount of vegetables I ate (1 bunch radish + leaves + 12 oz bok choy + 1 package shirataki noodles + 1/2 bunch parsley) and the lack of sleep over the past 2 weeks so I made myself go to sleep around 10pm. Had to also add a serving of magnesium citrate to help the calmness. My sleep last night was a tiny bit better than the times before, but I had to get up to use the bathroom so many times because of the soup dinner + overhydration to make up for the full-on diarrhea I had from morning til afternoon yesterday.

My stomach also hurts a bit this morning, but I think it was due to the hazelnuts, cashews, and peanuts I carelessly ate yesterday despite having diarrhea....

And that brings me to why I am having slightly self-abuse issues, especially with the eating nuts while diarrhea-ing and over-chocolate-ing. I need to calm the f down and just relax. And stop overthinking things. And just get over this wave of sadness I'm experiencing during my life. Let things go the way they're supposed to.

I bought a 1000 piece puzzle. I think this is my getting-over-people phase. Puzzles. I finished a 2000 piece one shortly after my first ex and then a 1000 piece one shortly after that one. Need intelligence to overcome emotion!

Last time I dove headfirst into Libertarianism and found it to be too extreme for my personality/lifestyle. I need to find a new subject to be extreme about for intellectual purposes...

Comment

• Weighed myself at the gym. 135 lbs? Sweet! I even overate for the past 3 days on 2000 calories...

Finished all the chocolate. I am pretty sure I ate a pound to a pound and a half of chocolate in the past week. There is now no chocolate in the house. Let's see how long this will last me. I also broke down this weekend and bought 3 pints of local strawberries for $5 and 1 lb of Washington apples for $3. I really hope that this was a good investment because I am still feeling a bit sad about how expensive all the fruit are right now. Also figs are so expensive :X WHY, FIG TREE THAT I NO LONGER LIVE NEXT TO??

Braces tightened, and this particular tightening is really brutal. I am expecting to lose lbs, stat.

I think my sleep is back on track. While I am feeling a bit tired in the afternoon, it's not enough to literally make me want to nap. Also for the past few days I think I kept waking up in the middle of my REM cycle or something. But the sleepiness is not from sleeping lightly so I think it is all good now.

I also drank a cup of coffee today :X MAUI BEANS, DAMMIT. I hope this does not affect my sleep for the evening.

I attended a yoga class on Saturday despite being extremely sleep deprived (6 hours of sleep, and light sleep at that!). However, I think the yoga class helped me to feel extremely relaxed and I could feel myself calming down in that class and for the remainder of the day. It was an extremely easy hatha class (I've been to a few, and this has been the easiest so far) and I still felt sore the next day, indicating out-of-shapeness. Then I went to the gym on Sunday and did a few rounds of what I normally do. Absolutely sore the next day. Then today I went in and tried to do one of my old weightlifting routines (snatches, cleans, push presses, slow deadlifts, front squats) and I could only complete 80% of it with 80% of the amount of weight that I could easily do last time...I think my forearms will be sore tomorrow because my wrists could not handle the cleans and push presses and I had to finish my front squats way early.

I just looked over all the materials from my Fashion Management class in Italy when I studied abroad...WHY WASN'T I INTO FASHION AT THIS TIME. I even missed a lecture with Valentino =.= I'm not sure if I still value the Fridays off to travel to other countries rather than to attend this only class. Sigh.

That is all.

Comment

• Dafuq? I had hot flashes/headaches last night and couldn't sleep until 4am. I don't know what's going on, but it might be related to my period, which happened mid-day yesterday. I want to say it might have been the caffeine on Sunday morning, but...wtf??? That is so far off.

My friend got me chocolate from Europe. I'm already through half of the 170g she got me total. Ahhh!!

137 lbs at the gym on Sunday. Likely due to bloating from period. I hate the bloating period. It is the worst period of the period. Otherwise, I had a pretty good workout day. I tried doing some snatches, and ended up doing a set of 25 pullups, 50 lunges, 50 bicycles, 50 pushups [17 on knees because they were getting really slow], 50 squat jumps [fearing those box jumps...], and 50 Russian twists.

Off to sleep, and hopefully I get the full 8 hours tonight!

Comment

• Somehow last night I finally got the sleep I needed. Yesterday was not much better than the day before; probably got 3 hours of sleep in, despite lights out at 11pm. Went to bed at 9:30 yesterday and got a full 9 hours, if not more. Phew.

I'm trying to do self-study on yoga, but for some reason my "sessions" are only 40 minutes long. Am I not holding the poses long enough? Am I completely forgetting sequences of poses? Either way, I still kind of like the feeling of being in a class with an instructor who's not uncomfortable going around correcting form and just offering pieces of advice to align properly.

Chocolate. So I haven't actually stopped. I think there were 2 days out of the last 2 weeks where I actually did not eat chocolate. Kind of improvement from the previous 2 week period, but I really need to cut down. At least now most of my consumption is in the day time so that it shouldn't technically affect my sleep. Also I have noticed that the uptick in fruit brings down the chocolate a bit, so I'm going to keep up the fruit despite it being expensive.

This past weekend I bought a flat of strawberries (6 pints) and they went bad really fast! The farmer told me he picked them that morning, but they didn't look that fresh to me....anyway, he told me that I should be able to keep it between paper towels and they should last for a week...they lasted half a week and I had to freeze some and eat pounds of it in days. Never buying that many again...

Also oat milk. Making it. Lovin' it. Can have this for breakfast for days (although it makes me feel overly full when I wake up). Can also have this for dinner for days also. Yum!

Comment

Working...
                                X