No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow all my friends are having babies. It's kind of scary how fast time is moving now. My union is coming up so soon also...

Still a lot of stress going on. I'm 138 as of a week and a half ago? I've been toning down the food lately and even the chocolate. Sleep erratic lately though.

Yesterday was kind of fun. I tried out mysore yoga and ended up staying at the studio for 2 hours. The instructor was really patient with me and was surprised at how fast I did the ending sequence. I need to lengthen my breathing and not be so impatient. I would love to go back for another mysore class, but my passes have now all been used up. This place is a good 15 min away from my house and 2 hours in traffic from work, on top of $20/class. I think I'm going to try some self-instruction for now on the yoga. Hopefully I don't screw up too badly.

I also went to archery. Did a lot worse than I did a few weeks ago. Argh. Might have just been tired from the yoga.

Note to self: 1 tub of ricotta causes bad, bad constipation. Do not consume in such large amounts.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Did 3 days of potato only for Monday through Wednesday this week with a bit of light yoga and walking. Felt great. Ate a ton on Friday, did a few light deadlifts with a plate per side and a few rounds of pullups, pushups and squats. Did not poop for 2 days. Weighed myself...137! I am pretty happy. Good thing my wedding dress is a corset in case I get too small!

Getting into the mysore/ashtanga stuff and liking it a lot. I think I need some instruction because I am forcing a lot of the poses.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Soooooo full. Fiance took me to Brazilian bbq for bday. So much protein & enough to last days. Going potato asap. Doing swimming in addition to yoga since there's a heat advisory.

On another note, I pooped 3 times today? I guess this makes up for the one small poop I had 2 days ago for the 2 days before that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Last week I did 2 pullups, with the regular grip and not the chin-up grip. Sooooo satisfying I don't care as much if I lost some muscle, I can do some damn pullups now!

Comment

• Congrats on the pull ups, that's a major accomplishment!

I took a peek at your recipe blog...i really like it! i'm hoping to try some of the liver recipes you posted and i also love how you review the various dark chocolate bars out there
            “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”

― Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own

Comment

• Originally posted by bullymama View Post
              Congrats on the pull ups, that's a major accomplishment!

I took a peek at your recipe blog...i really like it! i'm hoping to try some of the liver recipes you posted and i also love how you review the various dark chocolate bars out there
              Thanks! I really hope that you find it useful. I need to get to updating that thing. I haven't posted in a long time XD

Comment

• On Tuesday I saw a weightlifting girl at the gym. She looked like a body builder and had massive curves...and I mean both the huge bulky muscles and a slight layer of fat. While I think she looked pretty strong and awesome, I am kind of glad that I stopped pursuing that kind of look. Her huge biceps were too manly looking and so were her huge quads. Although I admire her strength, I'm going to go look for that next Chanel outfit... I guess this is really what my tastes and wants are

Comment

• Cleaned out my apartment just now. Boxed a bunch of stuff to give back and they're gone now. Feels so good to have things just cleared out out my place and the floors completely wiped and trash trashed.

I went to yoga this morning and it was just ok. I'm not sure if it is just me having more yoga experience, but the instructor kind of wasn't that great. She is also a founder of the studio. She was looking up sequences on her computer while she was instructing and had a weird 10-minute ab workout in the middle. Didn't help the students at all with form. Not sure if I want to be back, though I can get 4 more classes out of that studio.

Ate a toooon of chocolate today, which is consistent with yesterday and my really bad binge on Monday. Feel nauseous despite not having consumed that many calories, but chocolate isn't the healthiest food, either... Period probably explains part of the cravings, though part of it is just emotional stress.

Went to shop for clothes earlier this week and I seem to be a tweener on the Size 6 and 8 on the work pants. Working my way down... once I get to Size 4, I think I'll treat myself to a LinkedIn professional picture and a fashionable outfit. Maybe it'll be during Fourth of July sales? Or fall. Either way, I can't wait. Also, I feel really wacky for thinking a LinkedIn photo is a treat. Lol.

Hopefully I'll get to piano playing tonight. Haven't played in an extremely long time, and I feel like my talent is being wasted. I hope my neighbors at least will enjoy tonight what my muscle memory can muster.

Eventually I still also kind of want to go to the cheap-o discount grocery store to look around, and I need to get an Asian water boiler.

Green onions starting to die. Seriously, how much water do I need to give them?? I water them 2-3 times a week, which is a lot more than last year, and they still seem to be dying just as quickly.
                  Last edited by sakura_girl; 07-13-2014, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Eek! Congrats on moving down on pants size.

Ps. I killed my basil plant in 2 weeks. :/ my parents are botanists... >.> this is so embarrassing.
                    JOURNAL..
                    @BabesWithBBQ.
                    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                    Professional Style Website.
                    #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
                      Eek! Congrats on moving down on pants size.

Ps. I killed my basil plant in 2 weeks. :/ my parents are botanists... >.> this is so embarrassing.
                      Thanks! I think you mentioned somewhere as a suggestion to someone else that one should find expensive material / designer suit and find a good tailor thereafter. I really want to try that when I get down in size enough! Any suggestions on how to hunt a person down?

I killed a basil plant a friend gave to me in a week. During the late summer/early fall. I blamed the cold :x

Comment

• The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                        Thanks! I think you mentioned somewhere as a suggestion to someone else that one should find expensive material / designer suit and find a good tailor thereafter. I really want to try that when I get down in size enough! Any suggestions on how to hunt a person down?

I killed a basil plant a friend gave to me in a week. During the late summer/early fall. I blamed the cold :x
                        Hmmm usually I ask my most fashionable friend in the area for her/his tailor...and yelp isn't bad. I found my Austin tx tailor that way.
                        JOURNAL..
                        @BabesWithBBQ.
                        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                        Professional Style Website.
                        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
                          Hmmm usually I ask my most fashionable friend in the area for her/his tailor...and yelp isn't bad. I found my Austin tx tailor that way.
                          Mk! This I shall try

Btw, I noticed you added a Chanel quote to your sig. Love Chanel quotes XD She is seriously one quirky and intelligent lady. With lots of style.

Comment

• WTF on my weigh-in at the gym. Binged on chocolate all this week. Went to the gym today all full on crappy trail mix and somehow still 137 lbs? Not too bad, though I had a harder time doing pullups...so idk what went wrong there. Maybe the scale is off? I looked at my cronometer and was pleased to see that I lost 10 lbs since last year. Not a bad rate, but need to see some acceleration there since I want to look good by this fall.

Diarrhea all week, though I was lucky yesterday in that I did not poop at all for a day so it was nice knowing that some food was digested/nutrients absorbed.

Sleep ok. I may have overdosed on the caffeine again, leading to poor sleep quality. Also I have been eating tons of chocolate at night, so that could also be part of it. 7/7.5 hour average during the week, so definitely the quality and not the quantity making me feel so exhausted yesterday.

I think all of this is related to stress and I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with everything. I'm taking things pretty easily after work and not pursuing the working out too aggressively. I think I need to do a bit more of yoga to help calm things down. Also I tried stretching today and I'm super duper tight everywhere.

My binge slowed down today. Finally.

Comment

• Went to yoga this morning, then got a massage. I need to use up all these Groupon massages that I paid for on a just-okay masseuse since the one I wanted left the place I also almost fell asleep during my massage today. Boy, am I tired, despite sleeping 8.5 hours last night. Too much late night chocolate, I guess.

I happily just found out that there's a farmer's market across from the massage place, which is pretty close to where I live. They have a sizable amount of produce, and best of all, Asian produce! There were so many strawberry/cherry stands out. I just sampled all of them before deciding I didn't want any more XD Next time I'll try to have the balls to buy $3 worth of an extraordinary strawberry pint.

I just ate half a can of macadamias D: Not sure if this taste in my mouth is due to ketosis or the yeast extract in the garlic flavored macadamias. I'm going to go walk around somewhere air conditioned...

Comment

• I've also started to spend an annoyingly long time on Pinterest to look for outfit inspirations...everything on my board is French lol
                                Last edited by sakura_girl; 06-07-2014, 04:07 PM. Reason: typos...grr =.=

Comment

Working...
                                X