No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egg whites are a crappy unstable protein though, but i guess it's a little better if you cook them.
    Make America Great Again

Comment

• hey sakura, do you like genki rockets?

this song always makes me feel happy, even though life sucks.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
        Why not cage free egg whites from trader Joe's?
        I always steer clear of packaged goods due to preservatives/package liners and I figured the actual eggs for $1.40/dozen wasn't a bad price. I just ran a brief search on this product and it actually looks like a pretty good deal to me, although it has a bit too much salt for my liking. Thanks for telling me - now I know what to buy when I'm in a bind!

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
        egg whites are a crappy unstable protein though, but i guess it's a little better if you cook them.
        Do you have any suggestions on pure protein sources? I'm quite wary of dairy products except those from sheep milk, and all other meat will always have some fat on them.

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
        hey sakura, do you like genki rockets?

this song always makes me feel happy, even though life sucks.
        I've actually never heard of this group! I am listening to the album on Spotify now, and I really like it! Thanks for the rec. Definitely my style.

I went through a few brief Asian pop stints, but it was always the top artists of the time (eg, Ayumi Hamasaki, m-flo, BoA, Epik High) and they didn't last long. Never really found the time to filter through to all the better songs
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Gelatin!!!!!! Good awesome protein.

Honestly there is some protein in potatoes and 1 week isn't enough to actually do much damage on lower protein.

I think cottage cheese 0%, protein powder (hemp, rice, potato), tuna, and lean steak are all fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
          ------
          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
            Do you have any suggestions on pure protein sources? I'm quite wary of dairy products except those from sheep milk, and all other meat will always have some fat on them.

I've actually never heard of this group! I am listening to the album on Spotify now, and I really like it! Thanks for the rec. Definitely my style.

I went through a few brief Asian pop stints, but it was always the top artists of the time (eg, Ayumi Hamasaki, m-flo, BoA, Epik High) and they didn't last long. Never really found the time to filter through to all the better songs
            gelatin is good, and potato is a great protein source too.

glad you liked it. :> yeah, I don't really listen to much Asian pop but this is good.
            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Hm, the Now Foods gelatin makes me feel like crap; should I just throw that out? Is there a pork gelatin out there somewhere?

Comment

Hm, the Now Foods gelatin makes me feel like crap; should I just throw that out? Is there a pork gelatin out there somewhere?
                Great Lakes porcine gelatin on amazon

------
                HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Hm, the Now Foods gelatin makes me feel like crap; should I just throw that out? Is there a pork gelatin out there somewhere?
                  Knox is porcine and bovine.
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                    Great Lakes porcine gelatin on amazon
                    I had no idea they came in pork. Will try this! Thanks!

Comment

• I ask specifically for pork, since I noticed that I don't feel that great when eating cow, even the good quality kind. Pork is usually my friend, even over fish and eggs.

Thanks, guys

Comment

• Last question here. Would you guys consume guar and locust bean gums?

Edit: forgot xantham

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                        Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-05-2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Last question here. Would you guys consume guar and locust bean gums?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                          I try not to but it sneaks in sometimes. I replace gelatin for gums in my recipes.

------

Comment

• So yesterday was an iffy transition day for me. Had maybe 200 calories worth of ice cream, and ate rice in the morning instead of potatoes since I didn't have any. I also semi-ate a bunch of sour candies at the end of the day - those gummies that are sour at first and then turn sweet. Just spat them out right after the sour was gone, lol. My mouth got entirely cut up. Best thing of the day was the deep tissue massage...hoooooly crap. Today my back hurts like hell. In a good way.

Today I sort of cheated and ate 'uala instead of regular potatoes for the bulk of my meals (total 800 calories?). I hadn't eaten them in over a year, and they tasted so good. Went on a brief hike, and ended the day with a bunch of balsamic vinegar...my face will be way bloated tomorrow! I wish I didn't crave sour things so much....my teeth hurt too often lol

Comment

• Yay, Attack on Titan was so good. I can't wait for the next season....or not! Time to read the manga!

Comment

Yay, Attack on Titan was so good. I can't wait for the next season....or not! Time to read the manga!
                                Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X