The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday:

Had a poor sleep. I'm blaming either the coffee or the pumpkin seeds. 7-ish hours of sleep.

Breakfast was coffee and a can of coconut water. Lunch was pork. Snacked on 8 squares of Lindt 85 over the day. Walked 2 miles during the day. Had daifuku mochi. Came home and ate about 1/2 lb bass and 3 lbs pumpkin. Calories 2150.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Thursday:

7 hours of sleep? Breakfast was coconut water, the last 2 squares of Lindt 85%, and a shitton of pumpkin seeds (sprinkled with chili and whatnot...I think that was detrimental). Lunch was pork. Also had a coffee. Walked about 2 miles during the day. Gym.

Snatch: 45x5, 65x5, 55x2x3
      Clean: 55x5, 65x3x3
      Deadlift to shrug: 75x5, 100x5, 120x5, 145x5
      Push press: 45x5, 55x5, 65x5, 75x3x3
      Front squat: 75x5, 95x5, 115x5
      OH squat: 45x5

Arm was getting iffy, so quit right there.

Dinner was coconut water, bass, calrose rice with onion/celery/carrot, and part of the pork ears I made that evening. Calories 2800.

Comment

• Friday:

8 hours of sleep. Breakfast was pork ear and the rest of the spicy pumpkin seeds. Lunch was scrambled eggs with bitter melon and some chocolate pot de creme. Walked about 2.5 miles. Also snacked on some dried cherries.

Came almost home, except stopped on WF on the way back home. RED FLAG. Was supposed to do some sort of exercise like sprinting, running, or a quick sprint-like workout. Ended up doing none of that and just eating all of what I bought at WF: 1/3 lb dried cherries, a can of coconut water, and 5 oz sprouted almonds. Came home and drank some miso soup with some egg and konnyaku. Calories 3000.

Comment

• Saturday:

Woke up from 7.5 hours of sleep and decided to bike to the farmer's market. It was cold, but I used the hoodie on my jacket to prevent myself from getting too big of a headache. When I got to the market, I bought a small shave ice. It was really good! Almost like the one at home, except the syrup was noticeably made with sugar and not corn syrup. lol.

Went to get a foot massage. Was hella worse than the last 2 I got at the same place. Wtf. Waste money. Went home and ate food (16 hour fast). Rice-carrot-onion-celery. Beef liver with onion. Chuao chocolate bar because it was on sale at Grocery Outlet. Went shopping for clothes about 1.5 hours and then went to a friend's bday dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Yay for msg. Had a lot of rice and small amounts of meat. Calories about 2500?

Comment

• Sunday:

6.5 hours of sleep? What is wrong with me? Do I need to detox of caffeine?

Went to farmers' market. Got coffee. Went to church. Went to gym.

Back squat: 45x5, 95x5, 135x5, 165x5, 175x4 (got a liiiittle bit iffy on the balance, and decided not to risk a last rep)
            OHP: 45x5, 55x5
            Deadlift: 135x5, 185x5 (legs...so...weak)

Food was pork heart sukiyaki and toasted germinated brown rice (14 hour fast). And a chuao chocolate bar. Suuuuuuper full, so went shopping for clothes (counterintuitive, lol). Walked about for 1.5 hours? Came back and had egg whites with bitter melon. Felt nauseated? Ate a bit more of pork neck that I was making broth with, and went to sleep. Calories 2000.
            Last edited by sakura_girl; 04-29-2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Monday:

7.5 hours of sleep, still not restful enough. Breakfast was a large bowl of soup and some black coffee. Lunch was an iceberg lettuce salad with some tomatoes, cucumber, and chicken breast. Had a chocolate bar and a coconut water. Came home and did some very light yoga so I wouldn't feel bad that I didn't walk around today. Dinner was the remaining pork neck bone meat, leftover bitter melon, 2.5 lb kabocha squash. Again, nausea. idk why. Calories 1700.

Comment

• Tuesday:

7 hours of sleep; not restful. Breakfast was lots of bone broth and black coffee. Lunch was leftover pork bone meat. I think it was way too old, because I recognize that I felt crappy after consuming it. Had part of a chocolate bar and sprouted almonds after lunch. Walked about a mile. Gym.

Snatch: 45x5, 55x3x3
                Deadlift to shrug: 75x5, 100x5, 120x5, 145x5
                Front squat: 75x5, 95x5, 115x5, 135x4
                OH squat: 45x3x5

Came home and had 1 lb whitefish, 1/2 dry cup of jasmine brown rice, and a potful of chopped bok choy. Also had a coconut. Calories 2400.

Comment

• Wednesday:

7 hours of sleep. Felt absolutely stuffed. Breakfast was bone broth. I'm pretty sure that although this has been helping me feel full, it might be impeding my sleep quality and overall health; I started growing acne on my forehead this week. Lunch was pork heart (also old...why does Tara Firma Farms sell old meat? Dated October, sold in March?) sukiyaki and part of a chocolate bar and a can of coconut water and some black coffee. Walked 2 miles. Came home and ate miso soup with egg and 2.5 lbs kabocha squash. Had a stevia-based cream soda and it tasted like shit. Also had another can of coconut water (but tasted kind of like shit). Sooooo full at end of day. Calories 2000.

Comment

• Thursday:

7 hours of sleep. Still stuffed. Breakfast was a can of coconut water and black coffee. Pork-onion-pear for lunch. Had an unsweetened chocolate pot de creme afterward. Walked about 2 miles.

Gym.

Deadlift to shrug: 75x5, 105x5, 125x5, 145x5
                    Front squat: 75x5, 95x5, 115x5
                    OH squat: 45x3x5
                    Bench press: 40x14, 60x11

Came home and had a lb of bass, 3/4 lb bok choy, 1/2 cup red volcano rice, and a coconut. Also ate some honey. Calories 1900.

Comment

• Friday:

7 hours of sleep. Breakfast was black coffee and a coconut water. Pork-onion-pear for lunch. Walked about 4.5 miles during the day. Snacked on a coffee chocolate bar right after the post-lunch walk. Went to the gym and did 5 sets of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 squats. Came home and ate 1 lb steamed napa cabbage, 1 lb bass, and 1/2 dry cup oats. Calories 1900.

Comment

• Saturday:

6.5 hours of sleep. Krav maga in the morning shortly after my coffee and 1 oz sprouted almonds breakfast. Lunch was 1 lb bass and a 2.5 lb kabocha squash. Dinner was 1 lb bass. Snacked on some chocolate covered almonds and cacao goji squares during my WF sampling xD Also ate another oz of sprouted almonds. Came home from the day and had a few mouthfuls of shredded coconut, followed by seaweed shiitake and konnyaku boiled together to salvage my digestive system. Calories 2000.

Comment

• Sunday:

7.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast was coffee and sprouted almonds and cacao goji square. Walked around the farmer's market and found out that my spine is slightly messed up from the free chiropractor consultation...time to stretch my neck more. Lunch was pho. Also ate a strawberry Lindt bar because it looked interesting. Went to the gym.

Deadlift: 135x5, 185x5, 215x3, 245x1, fail @ 255 (even though I know I was strong enough), 250x1
                          OHP: 45x5, 55x5, 65x5, 75x3 (shoulder started acting up here)
                          Back squat: 45x5, 95x5, 135x5, 165x1 (my deadlift PR is good enough for today!)

Came home and ate some bitter melon with egg and egg white. Meanwhile sampling a bunch of basil ice cream custard base. At this point, I had 1800 ish calories, but feeling faint (in a very bad way) at 9pm, and hazarded an adventure out to the grocery store, where I was hoping to stock up on coconut waters. Because of the sale, they ran out, and I grabbed a Go Raw gingersnap bag and some pears and ate the whole bag and a pound of pear. Felt MUCH better. Calories 2500.

Comment

• On another note: starting yoga soon! Pretty excited.

Am not sure if I want to continue with the Krav Maga. It's so damn fun, but also damn expensive :X

Finally, today's food journal just proved to myself that I have issues with blood sugar. Need to eat that glucose before I get wooed by the fructose/sucrose-full foods! sigh...

Comment

• Monday:

7 hrs sleep. The day started off well. Had lamb sukiyaki for lunch. Dinner was bitter melon with egg and egg whites and some brown rice. THEN CAME HELL. Walked 2 miles. Ate a chocolate bar. Ok, not terrible. Was tired when went to fellowship. Came back home and ate ALMOST ALL MY HOMEMADE ICE CREAM. Yes, now that makes my calorie count at 2950, with so much sugar from the honey. WHY do I do this to myself.

Also, as a side note, to top it off, I left my fellowship feeling uber depressed and started crying for no reason on the drive home. What the heck is wrong with me? Oh, also my period started.

Comment

• Tuesday:

7.5 hours of sleep. TIRED still. And uncomfortably full from the ice cream.Ate 1 lb kabocha for breakfast. Had pork-rosemary-onion-pear for lunch and 1 lb kabocha. Also had some chicken breast from company ordered salad. Walked 1 mile during the day. Gym.

Deadlift to shrug: 95x5, 125x5, 145x5
                                Push press: 45x5 and hurt shoulder
                                Front squat: 75x5, 95x5, 115x1 and hurt shoulder
                                OH squat: 45x3 and hurt shoulder

Gave up and went home. Ate 1/2 dry cup of oats, 3/4 lb bass, and 3/4 lb steamed bok choy. And 2 more lbs kabocha. Damn sugar cravings from ice cream the day before. Calories 1850.

Comment

Working...
                                X