The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday:

8 hours of sleep. Felt congested again, even though it cleared yesterday. Not sure why. Breakfast was 2 eggs and 2 egg whites. Had an early morning snack of a truffle. Lunch was pork. Drank jasmine green tea. Walked about 2.5 miles. Ate chocolate covered cacao nibs for a snack later. Went to the gym, and beforehand was getting really hungry O_o

Front squat: 65x5, 95x5, 115x5, 135x5
    Back squat: 140x1
    Deadlift: 135x5, 185x5, 225x3, fail @245, 235x1 (probably could have done more)

Had a really nice, long stretch session for 15 minutes. Came home and ate dinner, which included 1 lb potatoes and onions, 3/4 lb mustard greens, 1 lb steamed perch, 1/2 G&B 85% bar, and a few oz of coconut chips. Feel really headachey after the chocolate and coconut...ate a spoonful of honey and it was all better? Calories 2700.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 04-09-2013, 11:20 PM.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Wednesday:

7.5 hours of sleep. Still congested. Breakfast was 2 eggs and 2 egg whites. Had pork-onion-rosemary-pear thing for lunch, and went out for a cup of joe with cream. And a truffle. And some trail mix. Walked around for maybe 1.5 miles? Came back home and jogged 3/4 mile, sprinted 1/4 mile, and walked about 3/4 mile. Dinner was 3/4 lb potatoes and onions, 3/4 lb chrysanthemum garland, 1 lb steamed perch, 1 G&B mint chocolate bar, and an oz of coconut chips. And some tastes of the lemongrass coconut milk ice cream I tested out on my friend's ice cream maker before it went into the freezer. Calories 2600.

Comment

• Thursday:

8 hours of sleep. Had maybe 12 hour fast, and then had a coffee with a smidgen of cream. Walked about 1.5 miles during the day. Came home and ate a ton: goldenberry and pumpkin seed trail mix, ice cream, 1 lb steamed perch, 1 lb steamed mustard greens, coconut water, and 2 oz of unsweetened chocolate. Calories 2250.

Comment

• Friday:

6.5 hours of sleep. Had melted chocolate and hazelnut milk for breakfast. Walked about 2.5 miles during the day. Ate lamb neck sukiyaki for lunch. Gym.

Back squat: 45x5, 75x5, 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 165x5, 170x5
          Bench press: 40x5, 90x3x5

Did a 4 min tabata on rowing machine.

Came home and ate 1 lb steamed perch, some rice-bean-celery-onion-carrot mix, leftover coconut pulp, and 4 oz unsweetened chocolate (wow, that completely undid all of the food I just ate in terms of getting rid of dampness.....as was my eating habits for the entire month). Also had a Tbsp local honey. I think I way overdid the chocolate....feel pretty nauseous. Calories 2500.
          Last edited by sakura_girl; 04-14-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Saturday:

6 hours of sleep. Had a huge-ass pancake in the morning made of leftover coconut pulp, eggs and egg whites, and a blended pear. Went on a 7-mile hike in the afternoon, shortly after a half cup of joe. After the hike, I had a humongous chocolate truffle and a Japanese daifuku mochi with mugwort. Had 1 lb steamed bass, 3/4 lb Swiss chard, 2.5 lb pears, 1.5 oz unsweetened chocolate, and gradual tastes of coconut milk sesame ice cream as it slowly spiraled to failure in texture. Calories 2800.

Comment

• Sunday:

8.5 hours of sleep. Had coffee from the previous day. Lunch (12 hr fast! lol!) was leftover sesame ice cream (basically was flaked coconut oil bits with sesame ice) and some pork kidney in onion and ginger. For some reason, could really detect the pee smell this time. Also, I had a small container of natto. Man, I don't know why I liked that stuff when I was younger :/

Basically walked around and got more food. Couldn't find any cheap, good quality kabocha squash Did a 20 min sesh of easy yoga in the evening shortly before dinner. Dinner was sauteed onion, carrot, celery, adzuki bean, and brown rice. Also had tomato-egg soup. Then 2 apples. Then....an entire Lindt sea salt chocolate bar. WHY. WHY am I so bad at avoiding chocolate? I also have another 3 bars in the pantry because I bought them for only $2 each. :/

Calories 2750.

Comment

• Monday:

7 hours of sleep. I can definitely tell that I am going overboard on the chocolate because I am starting to get dandruff and the skin on the back of my hand is getting dried-looking. Stupid sugar. Breakfast at 10 was a boiled egg and an egg white. Lunch was pork rib-onion-apple-rosemary thing. Walked a mile. Had a can of coconut water and some goldenberry/sprouted pumpkin seed trail mix and a tiny piece of chocolate. Dinner was 3/4 lb bok choy, 2 boiled eggs, and 5 boiled egg whites. Then I walked to WF and bought some sprouted almonds and Valrhona chocolate in bulk....ate all....came home and ate some natto. Calories 2300 in total.

Comment

• Tuesday:

7 hours of sleep. Breakfast was almonds and trail mix. Lunch was some sticky rice, some prawns, some cod, and some mushrooms. Snacked on coconut chips in the afternoon. Walked about 2 miles during the day. Gym.

Front squat: 45x5, 75x5, 95x5, 115x5, 130x5, 135x3
                  OHP: 45x5, 55x5, 65x5
                  Deadlift: 135x5, 185x5, 205x2, 225x1, fail @ 245

Couldn't get a fresh fish for dinner Ended up fast-defrosting some pork heart and eating a Lindt chocolate bar and an adzuki-rice-carrot-celery-onion thing. Calories 2850.

Comment

• Wednesday:

7.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast was 6 squares of 85% Lindt chocolate. Had a coffee in the midmorning. LOOOTS of gas - will stop with the beans now. Lunch was pork. Walked 2 miles during the day. Drank an aloe juice with coconut. Tried to sprint a few times down the street. Felt terrible. Ate 1 lb trout, 2/3 dry cup white rice, and 1 lb mustard greens. Snacked on another 8 squares of the Lindt and ate some coconut chips. Calories 3100.

Comment

• Thursday:

7 hours of sleep. Had some chocolate in the morning. Then a cup of coffee. Lunch was pork. Walked 2 miles during the day. Dinner was 6 egg whites, 1 lb mustard greens, a few dark choc peanut butter cups, a Godiva white chocolate bar (which totally sucked, by the way), and a Lindt sea salt bar. Calories 2400.

Comment

• Friday:

8-8.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast was coffee. Walked 2.5 miles during the day. Had a cider after a 19 hour fast. Went to the gym:

Back squat: 45x5, 95x5, 135x5, 165x5, 175x1 --> went too low and couldn't get back up
                        Bench: 45x5, 75x5, 95x3x5

Brief thing on the rowing machine, but there was no timer or recording of rowing rate.

Drove home and drank coconut water. Came home and ate brown rice sauteed with celery and carrots and onion. Also had 3/4 lb trout with ginger and scallions. Also had 6 oz of sprouted pumpkin seed. Calories 2350.

Comment

• Saturday:

8.5 hours of sleep. Ate lunch of ground beef sukiyaki. Went to help a friend move and did some lifting and stair-climbing for many hours. With a coffee in between. Dinner was a coconut water, chicken kebab, and 2 cups of white rice. And a pear. Calories 2050. (by the way, the coffee kept me up til 1 am. I probably can only limit my coffee to before 1pm now...)

Comment

• Sunday:

6 hours of sleep. Fasted 19 hours. Ran some errands, then went to the gym.

Snatch: 45x5, 55x5, 65x3x3
                            Clean: 65x5, 75x3x3
                            Deadlift to shrug: 75x5, 100x5, 120x5, 145x5
                            Push press: 45x5, 55x5, 65x5, 75x3x3
                            Front squat: 75x5, 95x5, 110x5
                            OH squat: 45x3x5
                            Bench: 45x12, 65x8

Worked up a sweat. My posture got noticeably better...better than it was in the last few weeks. Ate dinner, which was pork sirloin-etc., onion-carrot-celery-white-rice, 2 large Asian pears, and some sprouted pumpkin seeds. Calories 2350.

SO MANY ONION FARTS. I think I may need to dial down that consumption a bit.

Comment

• Monday:

8+ hours of sleep. Breakfast was a cup of coffee. Lunch was pork-onion-pear. Had a can of coconut water afterward. Walked about 2 miles during the day. Dinner was a perch, stir fried carrot and sigua, a Thai coconut, and some pumpkin seeds. Calories 1850.
                              Last edited by sakura_girl; 04-24-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Tuesday:

8+ hours of sleep. Breakfast was a cup of coffee. Also had a can of coconut water because my stomach was pretty empty. Lunch was pork, plus a coconut water, plus an entire Lindt sea salt chocolate bar. Walked about 3 miles during the day. Gym.

Snatch: 45x5, 55x3x3
                                Clean: 55x5, 65x3x3
                                Deadlift to shrug: 75x5, 95x5, 120x5, 145x5
                                Push press: 45x5, 55x5, 65x5, 75x3x3
                                Front squat: 75x5, 95x5, 110x5
                                OH squat: 45x3x5
                                Bench: 45x12, 6510

Came home and ate 1 lb bass, rice with onion, celery and carrot, a Tbsp honey and 4oz pumpkin seeds. Calories 2850.
                                Last edited by sakura_girl; 04-24-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X