The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday:

7 hours of sleep. Sweet potato and egg for breakfast. Maybe half an hour of walking, trying to buy a heater at Costco(s) to no avail. Also had some chocolate samples...and a bottle of kombucha. Lunch was beef liver with pasta sauce. Dinner was some turkey wing hot and sour soup with chocolate as dessert. Calories 2000.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Sunday:

6.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast was two sweet potatoes and leftover turkey wing. Feeling sick. Went to church. Lunch was a few oz lamb neck (there was a lot of bone!), 1 lb chard, unsweetened chocolate, coconut chips, and some nori. Barely any exercise, with just basic walking. Calories 2600.

Comment

• Monday:

7.5 hours of sleep. Late breakfast was coffee with some cream. Lunch was a sweet potato. Dinner was a sweet potato and some kale chips and some coconut chips. Calories 1950 and 3 miles of walking.

My rotator cuff!! T_T

Comment

• Tuesday:

9 hours of sleep. Breakfast was a small purple sweet potato. Lunch was kombucha, a sweet potato, rainbow chard, and small tuna salad from my colleague's invitation. Dinner was purple sweet potato, white rice, some rainbow chard, and some coconut chips. Calories 1850 and 3 miles of walking.

This bloat is unbearable. I keep pooping every other hour. Was hoping the white rice would help, but it just made me hungry xD

Comment

• Wednesday:

8 hours (maybe closer to 7.5) of sleep. Breakfast was 1.5 lb purple sweet potato. Walked 3 miles during the day. Dinner was 1.5 lb purple sweet potato, finishing at 6PM. Calories 1100.

Comment

• Thursday:

8 hours of sleep. Breakfast was 1.25 lb purple sweet potato. Got a little tired of eating just sweet potatoes, so had an unsweetened chocolate truffle for lunch. Walked around about 3.5 miles. Did about 5 sprints (longer than I usually do) down the street, and breath started tasting weird. Also began getting a stitch and lightheaded, so decided to stop. Strangely, my shoulder felt better, but not sure if that was because everything else was comparatively working very hard. Dinner was 1.25 lb purple potato, 1/2 lb grated nagaimo, and 6 eggs. Calories 1850.

Comment

• Why is it that in any given month I only get 1 week of no abdominal bloating, which is a week after I finish my period? I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Comment

• Friday:

5.5 hours of sleep....went to sleep at 10, then woke up at 1:45...couldn't get back to sleep until almost 4, and waking up at 6 for work. This day was also a fuck-up in terms of acting out at work. I couldn't handle it and had to walk around Stanford for almost 2 hours to calm down and be able to talk without crying. Ugh.

Breakfast was ground beef and kale saute. Lunch was the same. Around late afternoon, went to get a 99% hot chocolate made with cream. Sooooo good and sooooo full xD Then I went to Costco and had a bunch of Larabar samples. And then ate a large pint of grape tomatoes. Calories 1750.

Comment

• Saturday:

8 hours of sleep. Breakfast was a yam pancake and a tin of sardines. Hiked for 4 hours (although should have taken 2.5 lol). Very late lunch was beef liver in pasta sauce and kale chips and 1/2 lb of Korean chestnuts. Dinner was a small part of a pumpkin casserole. Calories 2550.

Comment

• Sunday:

8.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast was the rest of the pumpkin casserole. Started having onion gas... Lunch was a bunch of dried cherries from the farmer's market, followed by some sticky black rice. Dinner was lamb neck soup with seaweed and nagaimo. Calories 2550.

Comment

• So I talked to my mom and it turns out that as a child, I had immunity issues and had a weak body in general. This concerns me because maybe I am overstimulating my body with all the exercise I do, especially because now I feel like I'm prone to injury, and I get bloating very easily from sensitivities from certain foods despite being in my early twenties (as opposed to my mom, with a similar body, who got bloating issues starting when she was 40).

I've been feeling very "off" since I moved to the Bay and started extreme exercise/dieting regimes. The only time when I felt 100% was when I drank hella bullet proof coffee and only exercised half-assedly a few times a week. I felt good, but I also gained too many lbs...

Going to try to step down on the exercise a bit for now, incorporating a little light yoga, and switching to the less-inflammatory pork meat from beef. Going to try to keep my protein around 80g-100g and add more carbs.

Comment

• WTF I swear people are stealing my cauliflower rice sushi idea on the blogosphere -.-

Monday:

7 hours of sleep. Breakfast was coconut milk simmered kale and pollock and some chestnuts. Midmorning snack was a coffee with cream. Lunch was an ahi tuna salad. Walked about 3.5 miles. Sampled a shitton of goat cheese and ate two apples. Dinner was mostly a chipotle burrito bowl and some rice. Calories 2000.

Comment

• Tuesday:

7.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast was a lot of sweet sticky black rice and some sauteed rainbow chard, followed up by some homemade pork floss from my mom. Midmorning snack of coffee with cream...the dude TOTALLY screwed up my drink and dumped milk in, and then dumped in way too much cream to make up for his mistake. -.- So much for hipster coffee places. Anyway.... Walked about 2 miles during the day. Lunch was chestnuts, pork floss, and rainbow chard. Dinner was a pint of grape tomatoes, 4 free-range eggs, and then ohmaigoodness, went to town on coconut chips. And dried nori. Calories 2550. Fail at not eating much for dinner...should have only eaten one egg, but felt bad about my low protein for the day.

Today's massive binge was probably either related to the sugary black rice in the morning or the humongous amount of cream in that coffee. Ugh.

Comment

• Mmmm, pork floss.... Yum... My Latest Obsession: Pork Floss, Chinese Cotton Candy-esque Dried Pork | Serious Eats
                              "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                              "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                              "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• Haha yupppp. The real stuff has a lot of junk in it, but my mom just fries up some shredded pork and it's almost like the real deal, except it's not sweet. And not as fine, but I don't care as much about that

Comment

Working...
                                X