The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday:

Slept about 6 hours. After 25 hour fast, broke it with a lunch of a banana, a chicken leg, some greens, and some sauteed vegetables. Dinner was a pound of salmon collar, some kimchi, and some lamb broth with tomato and cabbage. Calories 1500.

Feeling extremely shitty. Will be for the next month or so...until I get over my guy.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Wednesday:

Slept for 6 hours. Lunch was 2 tins of sardines with some salad and turkey meatloaf. Walked around during the day for 4 miles. I tried to go to the gym, but my back was extremely sore, so I only did bench press of 45x1x5, 95x3x5. Dinner was a banana, then 3/4 lb salmon collar in a soup with cabbage, parsley and some lime juice. Followed by cacao nibs and some shredded coconut. Calories 2000.

Comment

• Expecting to sob myself to sleep again tonight....

Comment

• Thursday:

Another 6-7 hours of sleep...Breakfast was a cup of broth. Lunch was 1 lb 100% grass-fed beef with seaweed. Dinner was 1 lb lamb neck meat, a banana, sauteed spaghetti squash in butter, coco oil, and parsley, and some more broth. Calories 2900.

Comment

• Friday:

About 6.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast was a cup of coffee. Lunch was a grass-fed burger wrapped in romaine lettuce with onions, tomatoes, and pickles. Had coffee with cream shortly afterward and some trail mix. I headed off to the gym and did tabatas for 12 minutes....couldn't take it! It's been so long @_@... Dinner was 1 lb salmon collar, a banana, sauteed spaghetti squash in butter, coco oil and parsley, some broth, some sprouted almonds, and a bottle of kombucha. Damn, kombucha is so delicious O_O Calories 2200

In other news, I only made a really tiny poop in 2 days and my hair is dry/itchy as fuck. Dr. Bronners soap really can't double as shampoo..

Comment

• Saturday:

About 7-8 hours of sleep. Breakfast was a cup of coffee and some bone broth. Walked 3 miles and cleaned the house. Lunch was 1 lb grass-fed beef sauteed with spaghetti squash in parsley and 3/4 lb sweet potato. Some honey and 6oz almonds for snack. Dinner was 3oz trail mix, 1/2 white chocolate bar, 1/2lb lamb, 2 cups of cottage cheese, and some kimchi. Calories 4200.

Yes, that was quite the binge. I think the stress from the breakup finally got to me. But finally I ate a huge caloric surplus...was starting to worry that I wasn't getting enough nutrition...

Comment

• Sunday:

About 9 hours of sleep. 14 hour fast until lunch. Lunch consisted of chocolate covered almonds, the rest of the white chocolate bar, 1/2lb lamb, some kimchi, 1/4 lb sweet potato, lots of bone broth, and some tomato and egg soup. Went to the gym for a light workout because I didn't want to make my sore back worse. Also was still hella sore from tabatas.

Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x5x5
                OHP: 45x1x5, 65x5x5
                Deadlift: 135x1x2 <--- back started acting up, so stopped

Dinner was 1/3 lb dried cherries, 1/4 lb sweet potato, a tin of sardines, and egg and tomato soup. Calories 3200 for the day.

On a side note, why do I keep feeling so sick? :S

Comment

• Monday:

About 7.5 hours of sleep. Bone broth and tea in the morning. Took a few walks of about 2.5 miles. Lunch was 1 lb 100% grass-fed ground beef and 1.5 lbs zucchini. Dinner was 1 lb napa cabbage salad with almonds and honey ginger vinaigrette. Also 1 lb shrimp with 2 eggs in a sort-of-soup. Calories 2200. Got a hot flush in my head so figured should go to sleep early...flu shot tomorrow!

Also I figured I should stop with the 24 hour fasts. I think they do ramp up my fat-burning and metabolism a bit, but I just compensate by eating more temporarily so the effects are negated. I'll do this the less-stress way where I can give the rest of my hormones time to catch up :3

Comment

• Tuesday:

About 9 hours of sleep. Bone broth, a spoonful of coconut oil, and green tea in the morning. Lunch was a crappy salad and 4 oz almonds. Walk of about a mile. Went to the doctor's to get my flu shot. I freaking hate the pap smear...so painful T_T Makes me not look forward to sex LOL.

Then I went to the gym after drinking some kombucha. I think I'm really sensitive to alcohol now because my cheeks totally were red throughout the workout....

Front squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 100x3x5
                    Back squats: 100x1x5, 135x1x5, 155x1x2, 175x1x1
                    Bench: 45x1x5, 95x3x5
                    Snatch: 45x1x5, 55x1x5, 65x3x5 (with one break intra-set )

Dinner was 3/4 lb sweet potato, 1 lb beef liver with onions, 1 lb napa cabbage salad with almonds, and 6 oz trader joes dark chocolate peanut butter cups. They were actually quite disgusting, but I felt on bingeing on some chocolate and I was always curious to what they tasted like....Calories 3500.

Comment

• Wednesday:

7.5 hours of sleep (still not restful...lucid dreams for the last few weeks!). Breakfast was bone broth, spoonful of coconut oil, kimchi, and green tea. Lunch was 1 lb 100% grass fed ground beef with some peppers and onions, topped with a bit of tomato sauce and sweet potato with coconut. Walked 4 miles. Dinner was a bunch of arugula with 2 tins of sardines. Dessert of chocolate chips. Calories 2000.

Comment

• By the way, my new doctor's pretty paleo, I think....she advocates getting a lot of calcium, but when I asked her the question, "what kind of diet would you prescribe to a person in order to become healthy?", she answered "a lot of fruits and vegetables...meats too...but mostly vegetables " Awesome.

Comment

• Its wonderful having a doctor who is on the same page Mine is also paleo - she even does crossfit and encourages me to join also.
                          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion
                          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                            Its wonderful having a doctor who is on the same page Mine is also paleo - she even does crossfit and encourages me to join also.
                            YES, especially when health comes down to more prevention than treatment, if anything. It would be cool if mine does crossfit too, but baby steps!

Comment

• Thursday:

8 hours of sleep. Breakfast was bone broth, coconut oil, kimchi, and the rest of the peanut butter cups. Lunch was some lamb and arugula. 2 miles walk. Gym.

Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
                              OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
                              Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 225x1x2

Dinner was 1/2 lb sweet potato, 1 lb shrimp, 2 eggs, cabbage salad with 4 oz almonds, and a tbsp of honey. Calories 3200.
                              Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-10-2012, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Friday:

7 hours of sleep. Breakfast with bone broth, coconut oil, kimchi, and like 100g sugar worth of ginger chews. :\ I was practically ready to kill for some food during lunch, and I remembered why I eat Primally. Walked for 2 miles. Lunch was some greens with roasted butternut squash with maple syrup and some turkey meatloaf with potatoes. Dinner was tomato and egg soup, sweet potatoes, and some sheep milk cheese from Spain. Then I ate an entire Lindt chocolate bar................good thing my friend called me up to check up on me and invited me to the movies. Probably would have made a trip to TJs and bought a bunch of chocolate covered whatever goodies. My calories were limited to 2400.
                                Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-10-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X