The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Gettin' up there with those dead lifts and bench presses... Do you ever do 1 RM days to get an idea of how your max is doing?
    Nah, I've been weak lately. I've been experimenting with different commutes to my new office, and the biking totally kills my gym progress. And the stress + less food has been downregulating my metabolism and strength. Once I get this all sorted out, I will get back on the bandwagon with the deadlifts >_< What about you?
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
      Hope you are happy and making progress.
      I am happy, that is for sure. I just added a bunch of stress to my life, so once that dies down and I learn how to cope, things should definitely continue to move forward. How are you doing? Has your CW or lifestyle changed from the last moment we've spoken?

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
        I am happy, that is for sure. I just added a bunch of stress to my life, so once that dies down and I learn how to cope, things should definitely continue to move forward. How are you doing? Has your CW or lifestyle changed from the last moment we've spoken?
        Good for you.

I am much happier too thanks, starting a new job on Monday, down on a farm.

I have stopped weighing myself as I believe that ditching the scales will help. Clothes feeling and looking loser. Doing less low cardio at the gym and walking more - that's largely down to an Indian summer.
        F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• Wow, that's really cool! What kind of farm is it, and does this mean free organic food? XD

Great to know that you have found your sweet weight loss spot I have found that a decrease in a stress helps absolutely immensely, so I am working on that, but looks like you have finally found it!

Comment

• Friday:

The night before I had only 6 hours of sleep. Breakfast was some coffee with butter. Ate some awesome bbq beef brisket and pulled pork with some steamed zucchini and mustard greens for lunch. Walked around for a mile or so afterward, and got another coffee with some cream. Biked over an hour going to the gym, and did:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
            OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x1x5, 75x2x5
            Deadlift: 135x1x5, 225x3x3 doing alternate grip without straps

Dinner afterward was some rice, linguica, scrambled eggs, and roasted carrots. Calories around 3300. Then I proceeded to have about 6 hours of intermittent sleep ~.~
            Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-06-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Saturday:

Woke up around 11, making about 6 hours of intermittent sleep. Ate breakfast/lunch of 1/2 lb lamb neck meat and some macadamia nuts. Also tried a little bit of a Two Degrees cherry almond quinoamilletrice bar. Not terrible, but not great. Walked around in the afternoon for 4 miles. Dinner was a half lb of beef liver and roasted carrots. Calories 2000.

Comment

• Sunday:

Woke up at around 9, making about 8-9 hours of decent sleep. Was cold at night; should use another blanket so that I don't wake up sniffly. Lunch was a cabbage salad with almonds and a small fish fillet with garlic butter. Dinner was about 6-7 oz of mixed nuts, lamb broth, dried seaweed, and kimchi (yayyyy junk food!). Walked around for about an hour afterward. Calories 2400.
                Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-09-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Monday:

Woke up around 7, which is about 6 hours of sleep, although I should have slept more because I awoke with a sore throat. Ate breakfast of 3 oz almonds, 1 can sardines, some carrots, some kimchi, and snack of a cup of coconut flour. Had diarrhea in the early afternoon, which ended up carrying for the next 8 hours...too much kimchi or lamb broth? Then I went on a walk in the afternoon of 3 miles and got some coffee with half and half. Then I biked to and back from the gym, which was really shitty due to feeling sick.

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x3x5 (attempted 155 and couldn't even do that)
                  Bench: 35x1x5, 85x3x5
                  Snatch: 45x1x5, 65x1x3, 65x1x2

Dinner was 1/2 lb sweet potato, about 1/2 lb oxtail meat, an entire pot of moqueca with a lb of fish, some honey, and some almonds. Calories 3300.

Comment

• Can I ask what you mean by a snack of coconut flour? I use it a bit, but can't imagine eating it in isolation. That would give my system some trouble for sure. Just curious, thanks

Comment

• Idk, sometimes if I am craving carbs and I am too lazy to wait 30 minutes for a sweet potato to boil, I just take a spoonful of coconut flour, add saliva in my mouth to it, chew a little, and swallow. And repeat. Tastes good, and mitigates my carb cravings.

I've done this many times in the past and have never had digestive issues, except for the fact that if I consume too much, I get nauseated by the fiber content.

Comment

• Also, I noticed that I have these small red, itchy spots on my foot on Monday. At first I thought it was bug bites, but it was only on one foot. Today there were more, on just one leg, and more areas have been slightly itchy. Was wondering if it is bacteria die-off because I have been religious with my kimchi consumption and started getting these itches when I started drinking broth. Also my carbs have been consistently under 200g for the past 2 weeks, with most days under 100g...

Comment

• Well I just tried a spoonful of coconut flour and I gotta say... I liked it : )
                          It's like throwing a sweet, crushed up saltine in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by sjmc View Post
                            Well I just tried a spoonful of coconut flour and I gotta say... I liked it : )
                            It's like throwing a sweet, crushed up saltine in your mouth.
                            Yeahhhhhh Glad you liked it! haha. And now I'm not the only weirdo ;P

Comment

• Tuesday:

Meant to fast the entire day, but ended up thinking about food constantly, even when not hungry, so figured it was in my best interest to just eat when I got home. Sometimes I think I just psych myself out...should be more relaxed about these fasts...

Anyway, during the day I had coffee and walked about 6.5 miles. For dinner I had: 3 lbs kabocha squash, 1 can of salmon with parsley and grape tomatoes and lemon juice, some bone broth, some kimchi, a half Tbsp of raw honey, some balsamic vinegar, and about 2-3oz of raw almonds. Calories 1750.
                              Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-10-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Wednesday:

Had 6 hours of sleep. Lunch was coffee with cream. Snack in the afternoon was coffee with whole milk. Rode bike home and did running sprints. Dinner was shrimp and eggs, a sweet potato, leftover kabocha, some broth, some kimchi, some honey, and a few cacao nibs. Calories 2000. Tired...

Comment

Working...
                                X