The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday:

Lunch was sushi, part of which there was a smidgen of mayo and fake crab. A mile walk as day of exercise. Dinner was 1 lb 100% grass-fed ground beef, 1 lb sauteed celery, some kimchi, 6 eggs, some honey, some homemade jelly, and coconut flakes and cacao nibs. Went to sleep for 8 hours, and felt completely rejuvinated. Should have eaten in excess earlier in the week when I felt more stress....
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Friday:

Lunch was 2/3lb chicken breast and 1/4lb shrimp with some greens. Walked about 2.5 miles the entire day. Snack before lifting was about 2/3 cup gelato. Gym workout was:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 155x3x5 (ugh, feeling so weak? wtf)
      Snatch: 45x1x5, 65x2x5
      Bench: 45x1x5, 95x4x5

Dinner was 3/4lb beef heart, some leek, 1.5 cups of rice, and 2 eggs. Yum!

Comment

• Saturday:

Oh, by golly, time to destress with ... food!

Lunch was a can of salmon with parsley. Intermittent snacking with balsamic vinegar and kimchi because of massive sour cravings. Then I ate 4 eggs, and then heated up 2 lbs of shrimp. Ate leftover rice.

Then I walked to the supermarket for a total of 8 miles. Bought macadamias and dried cherries (no sugar added! sour!) and of course ate them upon arriving home.

Sunday:

Did about 1/2 mile of walking during the day? Then came home and ate a pound of fresh salmon collar, followed by 1/2 pound of Thai chili lime cashews from Trader Joe's. Hope there wasn't too much rice bran oil, as it was the last ingredient on the list. Also ate some nori sheets, homemade gummies, and some blueberries. Then I went to play tennis for an hour. Came back, and ate 1/2 pound of mixed nuts, and another 1/4 pound of the lime cashews. Followed by a bunch more vinegar and the remainder of my kimchi. WHY THE SOUR/VINEGAR CRAVINGS?

Comment

• Monday:

Gym on a 19 hour fast.

Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
          OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
          Deadlift: 135x1x5, 225x1x1 (wahhh couldn't do more reps....), 205x1x5

Dinner at 2am (slept, then woke up to eat after a 26 hour fast) was 1 lb grass fed beef with eggplant, ginger, and garlic. Followed up by 1 lb purple sweet potatoes and a fuckload of macadamias, lime cashews, and sprouted almonds.

Comment

• Tuesday:

About 1.5 miles of walking total today. Lunch was about 50 calories of fish oil pills. Dinner was 1 lb salmon collar, 5 eggs, a bunch of homemade sauerkraut, and the rest of my nuts, which was pretty much like a half lb of almonds at this point.

Comment

• Wednesday:

Lunch was a coffee with heavy cream. Since I work so close to a good coffee shop now lol....

Gym was the following:

Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5 (those squats were hella hard!)
              Bench: 95x3x5, 100x1x5
              Snatch: 55x1x5, 65x3x5

Dinner was 1 lb grass fed ground beef with seaweed in soup and about 3/4 lb mashed sweet potato with a dash of coconut oil. Going back to high amounts of animal fat..mmmm....

Comment

• Thursday:

Lunch was coffee with cream. Then I was in traffic and stupidly got a ticket....yeah..........................shit

So when I got home I ate balsamic liver and onions. And binged on a shitload of balsamic vinegar and coconut flakes (not together!) Somehow my caloric intake was only 2000 though. lol. All this even larger amount of normal stress is making me eat less at least....

Comment

• Friday:

Lunch was pretty terrible. So-called organic cafe I ate at made gluten-free crepes with a batter that had a bunch of chemicals in it. I got it anyway to avoid looking ridiculous to coworkers. It came with a side of potatoes sauteed in vegetable oil (at least it wasn't rancid) and a salad (which thankfully I asked for with dressing on the side). Somewhat mitigating everything was the few pieces of salmon in the crepe, although the spinach and onions were also sauteed in disgusting oil. Ugh. At least the coffee I had afterward was delicious, from Central America, freshly ground and brewed, and contained a smidgen of chemical-free cream. Yummmmm.

Dinner was borscht and a ridiculous amount of potato pancakes with sour cream. Low protein. Low appetite. Kind of amazing. But it might be because I feel stressed out ahhhhhh.

Comment

• Saturday:

Wow, appetite way down today. Went on a 2-hour bike ride and came home to eat some homemade fried chicken with general tso sauce and rice. Dinner was some leftover rice, some fruit, and some coconut flakes. And LOTS of vinegar...

Comment

• Friday update for the gym:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x4x5
                      OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
                      Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, FAIL AT 225...

Sunday:

Total walking distance: around 2 miles? Cleaned the house. Lunch was 1 lb salmon collar with lots of sour cream and cheese. Dinner was cheese, lettuce, and some fruit. Forced my calories up to 3000 this way versus yesterday's deficit of like 2000. Whoo.

Comment

• Monday:

Coffee with heavy cream for lunch. Rode bike for 1.5 hours. Then went to gym:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
                        Bench: 45x1x5, 95x3x5
                        Snatch: 45x1x5, 65x3x5, 65x1x1

I was surprised that the ride did not affect my lifts at all, really. Except my legs were burning a bit more after snatches than usual. Hunger set in once I started cooking. Dinner was 1.2 lb beef heart, 1 huge bunch kale (whooo here comes gas!), and 1 lb sweet potato. And some honey and cacao nibs. Calories at 2000 versus probably 3500 burned....

Comment

• Tuesday:

5 mile walk total including commute. I may take public transportation every other day for this relaxing feeling

Lunch was coffee with a touch less of cream because I also ate a 100% cacao truffle!
                          Dinner was 1 lb grass-fed ground beef with 1 lb eggplant, 11 eggs, some coconut flour, honey, cacao nibs, and vinegar. Not all together.

Edit:
                          Calories: 2750
                          Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-22-2012, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Wednesday:

TTOM came...
                            Lunch was an oz of mixed greens, 4 oz salmon, 2 oz shrimp, and half lb of chicken breast. Had a really bad case of food coma afterward.

Picked up a few oz hard sheep's cheese to snack on before the gym. At the gym, I was really full. Blegh.

Deadlifts: 135x1x5, 205x1x5, 225x1x5
                            OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x2x5, 75x1x3, 70x1x2
                            Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5 (back felt dead after the deadlifts)
                            Back extensions: 45x3x5

Was not hungry for dinner at all, but I knew if I didn't eat, that it would put me at a large caloric deficit and make me ravenous the day afterward. Ended up eating 1 lb salmon collar, 1/2 lb sweet potato, a head of green lettuce, 1/2 lb light sheep feta cheese, 2 eggs, some kimchi, 1/4 cup honey, some homemade lime gummies, and about 1/4 cup of coconut flour.

I need more carbs. Gah.

Edit:

Calories 3200.
                            Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-22-2012, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Thursday:

Walked to the bus for 1.7 miles in the morning. Walked around for 1 mile during lunch, also taking in some coffee with cream (more cream than usual...weird barista). Went to supermarket on the way home from the bus stop, which added another 2.8 miles. Total mileage was 5.5. Dinner was 1 lb ground beef with ginger and a cup or so of seaweed to make soup. Also downed some Tbsp honey and ate 3 lbs of kabocha squash....it's been a while. SO GOOD. I think calories for the day was around 2.2k.

Comment

• Friday:

Rode bike to bus in the morning. Walked around for 1 mile during lunch after coffee with more cream than usual and some hamachi. Rode about 20 miles home (2 hours) due to getting lost. Dinner was 14 eggs with some parsley, some trail mix, some homemade jellies, and a spoonful of honey. Calories 2350.
                                Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-22-2012, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X