X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, September 1, 2011:

Breakfast: Fig, leftover Chinese restaurant fish, duck gizzard and onion
    Lunch: Ground turkey and amaranth leaves
    Afternoon snack: Way too much low % chocolate hidden in my desk...hate afternoon slumps
    Dinner: Bok choy and salmon
    After dinner snack: coconut milk and blueberries and banana
    After after dinner snack (gotta stop snacking...): Fig and haw snacks

Carbs: 236
    Protein: 116
    Fat: 146
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-01-2011, 10:04 PM.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Wow, this past weekend has been pretty terrible with all the dairy consumption lol. At least my carbs have overall been below 100g every day, I'm pretty sure, as I've only eaten about two pounds of blueberries and several small figs as my carbs the entire weekend.

Monday, September 5, 2011:

Breakfast: Fig, young Thai coconut, half square scharffen berger 99% bar
      Lunch: Seaweed soup, delicious duck gizzards in red sauce, prune
      Dinner: kabocha squash and a sampling of italian goat cheese, havarti cheese, and blue cheese

Carbs: 95
      Protein: 174
      Fat: 190

In my defense, I probably burned about 1,000 calories riding my bike back and forth everywhere in addition to a short heavy lifting session and a half hour yoga session XD

On the other hand, I think I may need to add cheese to the list of no-no's...in addition to nuts. Also going to limit fruits to just 1 piece every day.
      Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-05-2011, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Tuesday, September 6, 2011:

Breakfast/snacks: G&B 70% coffee bar (I needed the caffeine..)
        Lunch: Duck gizzard, sauteed amaranth in garlic butter
        Dinner: Eggs, pumpkin, seaweed, and my leftover cheese
        Dessert: 99% chocolate, ground sesame seeds, and a few pecans

Carbs: 136
        Protein: 104
        Fat: 148

Darn it, I got too hungry when I came home today. I shouldn't have had all that sugar from the Green & Black's bar. On the other hand, at least 50g of those carbs were fiber. Going to have smaller pieces of darker chocolate for breakfast tomorrow morning, and then transitioning to IFing breakfasts.
        Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-06-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Wednesday, September 7, 2011:

Breakfast: 87% dark chocolate, seaweed soup
          Lunch: Chicken salad with blue cheese dressing
          Snack: Cream cheese and half and half
          Dinner: Amaranth and duck gizzard, with konnyaku in the sauce (extra 7.5g carbs+7.5g fiber)
          Post dinner snack: 2oz sunflower seeds

Carbs: 82
          Protein: 130
          Fat: 119
          Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-07-2011, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Thursday, September 8, 2011:

Breakfast: IF
            Lunch: Amaranth sauteed with garlic and butter and duck gizzard
            Dinner: Scrambled eggs with Chinese garlic chives
            After dinner snack: 2 oz sunflower seeds, 5 oz pecans

Trying to get rid of my high-PUFA snacks xD

Carbs: 57
            Protein: 126
            Fat: 158

Comment

Friday, September 9, 2011:

Breakfast: Cream cheese, the last 1.5 blocks of my 99% cacao Scharffen Berger
              Lunch: Goat mozzarella with basil and tomato
              Dinner: 1 oz sunflower seeds, 2 eggs, a plate of frozen veggies with olive oil

This is where it goes bad

Lots and lots of mooncake (luckily, I was able to grab the pieces that had like 75% of it as duck yolk...yum!). Everybody was talking about how bad the lard in the dough was and how bad the cholesterol in the eggs were...but I was weeping for the amount of sugar I consumed...although I just now found out that I only had about 65g carbs at the most.

Also unfortunately there was an alcoholic afterparty. I have no idea how many carbs and alcohols I consumed. I'm just going to log it as 100g to be safe.

Carbs: 250
              Protein: 70?
              Fat: Going to guess 130g

Luckily the 30 day challenge is coming up soon and I shouldn't have any more repeat days like this since all the Chinese holidays are over (for now). Yay!
              Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-10-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Breakfast (pre-workout of 2 hours of sprinting..): coconut water, fig, m&ms because I was still hungry and my friend had them...
                Lunch: IF
                Dinner: Sauteed amaranth with garlic and olive oil, cheddar and goat cheese
                Snack: Blueberries and coconut milk, a dark chocolate bar with sea salt

Carbs: 145
                Protein: 157
                Fat: 153

As soon as I find an easy way to eat buy and store good meat, I will ditch all my cheese. It's completely taking over my diet (>50% of fats, >50% of proteins). At least they aren't nuts
                Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-10-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Breakfast: 2 spoon coconut milk with coffee, a fig, and smoked gouda cheese
                  Lunch: romaine lettuce, turkey burger, salmon
                  Dinner: raw milk cheese, seaweed, coconut milk
                  Dessert: chocolate, a fig, and more chocolate
                  After dessert...: chocolate and more coconut milk...then tried to slow down the sugar with some protein via 2 eggs

Carbs: 119
                  Protein: 180
                  Fat: 235

I think my time of the month is coming...I am consuming chocolate like there is no tomorrow...and not even really delicious chocolate, either =/ Either that, or my body wants calories from yesterday's practice. I only did sprints for about 10 minutes, and slow walking for about an hour today.
                  Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-11-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Yes! Really excited about the 30 day challenge. I will be focusing on three main things during this challenge:

1) 50g carbs or fewer, except on days with intense exercise of at least 1 hour. This will help me decrease my unnecessary chocolate consumption.
                    2) Dairy only from goat milk. And half and half for coffee at Starbucks, but nothing else.
                    3) 8 hours of sleep every day. Magnesium citrate supplement on its way to my place, so hopefully I'll actually be able to sleep peacefully.

Comment

Monday, September 12, 2011:

Food log
                      Breakfast: Espresso chocolate bar
                      Lunch: Chives and 5 eggs
                      Pre-workout snack: Picked out all the almonds and brazil nuts from the kind fruit and nut bars I got for free
                      Dinner: Protein powder, 2 eggs, amaranth leaves sauteed in butter and shallots
                      After dinner snack: half a chocolate bar, tablespoon coconut oil

Macros
                      Carbs: 96
                      Protein: 89
                      Fat: 122

Exercise log
                      Morning: Bench press 3x5, Triceps press 2x8
                      Afternoon: 50 minute boot camp
                      Throughout the day: 40 minutes bike riding to and from work

Ahhhh I think those almonds screwed me over, since I was so ready to just eat some vegetables and protein powder for dinner. At least my carbs are under 100g...tomorrow I'll do much better since I'll just have coffee with some half and half for breakfast. I usually eat less when I have less to eat for breakfast...
                      Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-12-2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I'm really impressed and proud of all the new journals started in the last few days! It took me forever to find my journal buried in the huge list of new threads. Great job on going primal everyone!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011:

Food log
                        Breakfast: Coffee with half and half
                        Snack: Half a Scharffen Berger 82% chocolate bar
                        Lunch: Sauteed amaranth and shallot in butter scrambled with 5 eggs, coffee with half and half
                        Dinner: Sauteed amaranth and turkey burger in butter and garlic, and a fig..then LOTS of nori
                        Dessert: Scharffen Berger 99% square, TJ's 85% 50g, and a tablespoon or so of coconut oil

Ratios
                        Carbs: 100
                        Protein: 100
                        Fat: 117

Exercise
                        Morning: 20 minute bike ride to work
                        Afternoon: Deadlifts and squats, some occasional snatches
                        Evening: 2 mile walk back home to work while grabbing groceries on the way

...Am wondering if it is worth it to overconsume either chocolate or cheese....seems like I swing very much forward toward whatever I have more of.
                        Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-13-2011, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Still deciding whether or not I want to indulge in cheese or chocolate on a regular basis...cheese has lots of salt, but chocolate has lots of carbs...cheese has potential anti-fat-loss properties, and chocolate has anti-oxidants...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011:

Food log
                          Breakfast: 4 hardboiled eggs and 50g 85% chocolate bar
                          Lunch: Bison burger with iceberg lettuce, lite pepperjack, and tomato; whole milk cappuccino, dry
                          Dinner: Slightly fermented fig, 50g 85% chocolate bar, 1 egg and 2 egg whites, sauteed amaranth with shallot
                          Snack: Coconut flour (I hope it's safe to eat standalone...), 50g 85% chocolate bar, half square of 99% scharffen berger, plus a crapton of seaweed

Ratios
                          Carbs: 168
                          Protein: 124
                          Fat: 150

Exercise
                          Morning: Pushups and pullups
                          Commute: Walking for about 1 mile

On a side note, I've decided to make it more cheese and less chocolate after this weekend's sports competition. Then I can start with the VLC and see if my results will speed up. Really wanting to hit my goals for Christmas so that I can use it as proof to get my family on Primal!
                          Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-14-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I'm really enjoying your food journal! I admire that you eat so much organ meat - I'm not brave enough to try it yet. Doesn't that sound silly?? I know how good it is but it's a total mental block. I'm also a fellow chocoholic - I Looooove G&B's hazelnut/currant bar. I've been dreaming of making a bark with dried cherries and sea salt almonds, too.
                            Stephanie
                            My Primal Journal

Comment

Thanks! It's not too hard for me to eat organ meat because I grew up doing it, as I am your typical Chinese chicken-feet-eater =P Maybe you can ease into it by ordering it at a Chinese restaurant to see if you like it, since they will most likely prepare it in a delicious way. Otherwise, if you'd like, I can give you several recipes if you'd prefer to make stuff from scratch.

I really like your idea of making your own bark, though! I really love sea salt bars, but they're always 70% or less in cacao content, but your idea of adding dried cherries for the sweetness in a darker chocolate is really smart! You should try it and let me know how it goes! We can trade recipes! lol

Comment

Thursday, September 15, 2011:

Food log
                                Breakfast: caved in and had a few donut holes
                                Lunch: eggs with amaranth and seaweed soup
                                Pre-dinner: cheese samples
                                Dinner: figs and cheese....
                                After dinner: homemade butter mochi...and half 99% scharffen berger square

Ratios
                                Carbs: 127
                                Protein: 117
                                Fat: 170

Exercise log
                                Morning: light 1 mile jog
                                Commute: 20 minutes biking to work
                                Commute: 60 minutes biking back home, with picking up cheese along the way
                                Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-15-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X