The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday:

Sprinted a bit. Walked a bit. Ate TONS - 1.75lbs chicken breast, some carrots with the leaves, and 12 oz macadamias. At least the amount of ingredients was simple..
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Friday:

Gym workout was:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
      Bench press: 45x1x5, 95x4x5
      Snatch: 45x1x5, 65x1x3, 65x1x2, 65x1x5, 65x1x3, 65x1x3

Dinner was Japanese curry with some rice

Saturday:

Shitton of bike riding. During the day I had 4 eggs and 1/2 lb of grape tomatoes. Dinner was 3/4 lb chicken, tteok, and cauliflower fried rice. And 9oz macadamias.

Comment

• Try dropping under the bar a little more and get that 70 lb snatch

Comment

• Originally posted by lorichka6 View Post
          Try dropping under the bar a little more and get that 70 lb snatch
          Hahaha, thanks for the tip. I could probably do it, but while I'm doing it, I feel that 65lbs is my limit since I get really tired and stop (as you can tell by my last set XD) Do I have to just tough it out and push?

Comment

• Sunday:

Feeding window from 3-6pm; ate: 3/4 lb chicken, 2 oz sunflower seeds, 1 oz macadamias, some kimchi, 1/2 lb grape tomatoes, and 4 pastured eggs. OMG those pastured eggs from the farmer's market are SO delicious. The chickens are fed some organic soy, but I guess I can let that go if the yolks are this delicious compared to the other eggs I've purchased.

Gym at 7 was:

Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
            OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x2x5, 70x1x3, 70x1x3
            Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x3, tried to lift 225 without alternating grip but failed, went back to 155 on nonalternating and did 10

Whooooo gonna do my 24 hour fast AFTER the gym this time to test myself. I feel a little more hungry than usual, but I don't know if it's just the overall lack of calories or the fact that it's after the gym. I'm going to do another 24 hour before the gym later this week.

Comment

• I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but I think getting under the bar is often a good idea From my experience when snatches start getting heavy I end up pressing it up more at the end - which I wouldn't have to do if I dropped under it more. I can get the bar to about forehead level and then it becomes more press like. So my logic is that if I dropped 3-4 inches instead, it would be a clean snatch. Once, just once, I actually did a pretty good squat snatch with 75 lbs (my current PR for snatch). Usually throwing a squat in just makes things harder for me, but it just worked, and I swear that bar went up like it was weightless. Do you do the Burgener warmup? Here is a link, in case you don't. In xfit we usually do this before snatching as a warmup.

And a nice example of dropping under the bar

Comment

• Hm I do something similar to that warmup. I like to warm up overall with an overhead squat, so it helps if I do the snatches later on.

I do drop when it's late in my set and it gets heavy, though. My form is on-and-off in terms of how effective the drops are, though. It's getting a lot better; I have maybe a 70% success rate vs 10% when I started. I used to do 75lb snatches, but I've seen a decrease in strength since I began losing weight. Eh.

Comment

• Tuesday:

4.5 mile walk. Total 27 hour fast. Dinner was some bone broth, kimchi fried cauliflower rice with three eggs and the lamb fat from the broth, 1 lb tomatoes, 3 oz macadamias, and ~1 lb crispy fried chicken livers covered in coconut flour and fried in coconut flour. SO DELICIOUS; totally going to make the livers like that again Except I'll get a different guy at Whole Foods to chop them up because the pieces were TOTALLY uneven -.-

Comment

• Tuesday:

~18 hour fast getting into the gym.

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5 (omg this was difficult today!)
                    Bench: 45x1x5, 95x4x5
                    Snatch: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 60x3x5

Dinner was 2.2lbs chicken, 1 huge bunch of kale and a bell pepper simmered in coconut milk, 1 lb sweet potato, 4 oz macadamias, 3 oz pistachios, and 2 small plums.

Comment

• Wednesday:

Ugh, not so good today. I probably walked a total of a mile and ate like a horse. I think I need to increase carb consumption because my pms is making me depressed. Dinner was a canned salmon salad with parsley, 12oz of mixed seafood, 4 Tbsp homemade coconut butter, 6oz macadamias, and 4 oz pistachios. My knee is flaring up and I have a really good hunch that it's due to inflammation because of all the nuts I've been eating for the past 1-2 months. I really need to stop eating chicken for the protein and focus on other meats instead so I don't reach for the nuts. I still have another 10 pounds of chicken in the freezer and another 2 lbs of nuts in reserve. Need to get a slow cooker for bone broth since I found a cheap source of lamb neck. Also need to eat more fish, but Whole Foods keeps running out of collars. Time to do the whole-fish-in-oven deal with fish from the Chinese supermarket!

Comment

• Thursday:

Lunch of 8 oz chicken breast with a huge amount of romaine, and half an avocado.

Gym was:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
                        OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x2x5, 75x1x5
                        Deadlift: 135x1x5, 205x1x10

Dinner was a can of salmon, half pound of tomatoes, 8 eggs, 4 egg whites, 3 oz pistachios, 4 oz macadamias, and a rhubarb root. I AM OFFICIALLY OUT OF NUTS THAT I LIKE TO EAT Except walnuts but I should be using that soon, to bake, anyway. And some sunflower seeds, but I'm never going to go apeshit on those as much as nuts.

Edit: oh yeah, and I also ate a sweet potato.
                        Last edited by sakura_girl; 08-17-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Friday:

30 min bike ride and walking for about 3 miles. Dinner was 1 lb chicken and coconut butter. And some tomato juice.

Saturday:

2.5 hour hike. Breakfast of bacon and eggs and celery/carrot sticks. Dinner was 1.5 lbs of whitefish with cabbage and mushrooms, 1 lb of rice cake, 1 lb of plums, and some sunflower seeds.

Sunday:

LOTS of fish today. Like 200g protein of it. And then I had a lb of goat chevre with berries. Exercise was lots of standing and some strolling.

Comment

• Monday:

22 hours into my fast, gym workout was horrible. Because my hand was all bruised from bowling. Man.

Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x2x5, 165x1x5
                            Snatch: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 65x1x5, 65x1x2, 45x1x8, 45x1x10
                            Pushups: 3x10

Dinner was 1/2 lb chicken liver, can of salmon, a bunch of parsley, a bunch of celery, an oz of sunflower seeds, 3.5oz pistachios, and 1 lb sweet potato. At least I am not craving nuts anymore, so it's allll good.....

Comment

• Tuesday:

About 1 mile walk total for the entire day. Dinner was 1/2 lb chicken liver, 1 lb 100% grass-fed ground beef with seaweed in soup, a few Tbsp of coconut flakes, and two bowls of mixed berries.

Comment

• Wednesday:

Workout 21 hours into fast.

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
                                OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
                                Deadlift: 135x1x5, 205x1x1, couldn't do 255x1 so ran out of the gym to get to....

Tabata sprints. Lunges, pushups, bicycles and squat jumps.

Dinner was almost an entire roast chicken sans a breast, 1 lb sweet potato, 1 lb berries, some dried figs, some coconut flakes, and a head of butter lettuce.

Edit: and 3 bananas.
                                Last edited by sakura_girl; 08-24-2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X