Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ooo, thanks so much for that link and the floor exercise. I think I will try those out next time I'm at the gym because I need to move into front squats for whenever my back is too strained from deadlifting.

    Yeah, I've noticed that about non-Paleo foods. Unfortunately, I ate nuts, which are a trigger, several weeks ago, and I can't seem to stop. It's getting a lot better since I'm no longer eating 3500 calories on a daily basis, but at the same time, it's been hard completely giving them up. I'm almost there, though! How long have you been struggling with the bingeing?

    Haha, I'm about 10 years younger than you. No taunt intended xP
    My chocolatey Primal journey

    Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

    Comment


    • Wednesday:

      19 hour fast going into training. Back hurt a LOT after my first few sets of squats so I went easy.

      Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x1x5, 160x1x3, 155x1x2
      Bench: 45x1x5, 95x5x5
      Snatch: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 65x2x5, 45x1x10

      Came home, ate 1 lb chicken breast, about 1 lb chicken heart, some seaweed, 1 lb sweet potato, 1/2 lb purple potato, 2 lbs blueberries, 1/4 lb chocolate covered cashews, and a few oz of sunflower seeds. THE RETURN OF CHOCOLATE OH NOES.

      Also at the gym I had my body fat measured, and they came up with 34%. It really was hard to not LOL. XDDDDDDDD
      My chocolatey Primal journey

      Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

      Comment


      • That website is great. Apparently there was some crossfitter (games level) who gave up training 2 days a week to do just mobility. Everyone thought he was crazy and that his performance would suffer. Of course, he got better. I'm trying to remind myself to roll or stretch when I watch TV now so I can get in 20 minutes or so a day.

        Nuts are tasty... I find some are too "dangerous" to have around but others are ok. Coconut is ok and unsalted almonds too. I think maybe its the salt on many of the roasted ones that make them so hard to put away.

        Do you have a lifting background? Not too many lifters seem to work on snatches but I see you do them a lot. They are tough but fun. When you snatch right you can really tell - its like the bar really is weightless. We were working on squat snatches yesterday - same thing with those - when you hit it right its like magic.

        Enjoy this kind of lifting in your 20s! I wish I had the opportunity to do crossfit/strength stuff when I was younger (and recovered a little faster).

        What was the body fat measurement with - calipers or bioelectrical impedance?

        Comment


        • Haha, I wish I had a TV and a mat on my hardwood floor. If I had the TV, I would stretch at every imagineable time I could. I only have a computer at a desk right now, so I am always just making my wrist worse XD I'm jealous of you :P

          I don't have much of a lifting background. My last year of college, I had a friend who got into powerlifting on my paddling team, and he showed me how to do squats and deadlifts and snatches (although not that well with form). It just kind of stuck on, especially since my boyfriend does cleans on non-deadlift days, so I just do snatches to match. Yeah - I consider myself extremely lucky that my friend got me into lifting before I left college; otherwise, I'd just continue to get extremely flabby due to overtraining in cardio.

          The BF% was measured with calipers. I was like.....there must be something horribly wrong because I know for a fact that I'm not morbidly obese LOL. Judging by pictures online and stuff, I'd put myself at a 25%, especially since I have so much buried muscle. If I lost 10 pounds of pure fat, I would be in the sub-20% range for sure. I'm just at a plateau right now with the eating and stuff. Need to get back on track haha
          My chocolatey Primal journey

          Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

          Comment


          • Thursday:

            Lunch was 2 2oz raw chocolate bars. Dinner was pilaf, including about a pound of beef sirloin, lots of garlic, carrots, and onion, and a dry cup of white rice.

            Friday:

            2oz raw chocolate bar for breakfast. 2 lbs plums for lunch. Gym workout at 5:30, with lots of gas and trips to the bathroom to let it out.

            Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x2x5, 155x1x5
            OHP: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 65x3x5
            Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x2x5, 205x1x5

            Dinner was 1 lb lamb neck including the soup made for 2 hours (need to buy a slow cooker now that I've found lamb neck meat for cheap!!), several chunks of beef sirloin, about 1/2 dry cups worth of white rice, can of salmon, 1 lb grape tomatoes, a bunch of parsley, a lot of chocolate covered cashews, 1 lb blueberries, and several Tbsp of honey. And about half an oz of sunflower seeds. Had a really great sleep; woke up feeling the most refreshed I have been for the past few weeks.
            My chocolatey Primal journey

            Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

            Comment


            • Saturday:

              Woke up late and went on an 8 mile walk to the grocery store. Dinner for the night was 1 lb chicken breast, 8 eggs, 2 lbs pumpkin, 1 lb grape tomatoes, some kraut, 3 oz cacao nibs, and about 100g sunflower seeds.

              Sunday:

              6 mile hike. Dinner after 22 hours of fasting was 1 lb chicken breast, 10 eggs, 1.5 lb zucchini, some kraut, some macadamia nuts, and the 8oz tub of Trader Joes pistachio toffee. I literally got sick from all the sugar. I think I'm finally over chocolate, now.
              My chocolatey Primal journey

              Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

              Comment


              • So I realize that a combination of calorie counting, macro-counting, and timing of my meals is all creating too much stress and causing me to binge. I think I'll start allowing stuff to occur naturally again. My 10 pants are no longer loose >_<
                My chocolatey Primal journey

                Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                  Saturday: Woke up late and went on an 8 mile walk to the grocery store. Dinner for the night was 1 lb chicken breast, 8 eggs, 2 lbs pumpkin, 1 lb grape tomatoes, some kraut, 3 oz cacao nibs, and about 100g sunflower seeds. Sunday: 6 mile hike. Dinner after 22 hours of fasting was 1 lb chicken breast, 10 eggs, 1.5 lb zucchini, some kraut, some macadamia nuts, and the 8oz tub of Trader Joes pistachio toffee. I literally got sick from all the sugar. I think I'm finally over chocolate, now.
                  How much sugar was in the entire 8oz tub of toffee? Could eating a smaller portion next time, maybe not cause you to feel ill? Lol... I used to eat the entire organic chocolate ice cream tub from TJs AND 1-2 of the organic dark chocolate bars. I'd use the bars as spoons(edible ones), haha! Lately I notice I can make an organic dark chocolate bar last 2-3 days. Now I melt pieces of them over a frozen 1/2 of a banana, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, coconut flakes. It's so good, & so much more healthier, physically & emotionally, than my former TJ's chocolate binges. I am a recovered/recovering chocoholic too btw... One that still loves & consumes it, just not the crazy emotionally fueled over-consumption of my past...
                  "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                  "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                  "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Betorq View Post
                    How much sugar was in the entire 8oz tub of toffee? Could eating a smaller portion next time, maybe not cause you to feel ill? Lol... I used to eat the entire organic chocolate ice cream tub from TJs AND 1-2 of the organic dark chocolate bars. I'd use the bars as spoons(edible ones), haha! Lately I notice I can make an organic dark chocolate bar last 2-3 days. Now I melt pieces of them over a frozen 1/2 of a banana, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, coconut flakes. It's so good, & so much more healthier, physically & emotionally, than my former TJ's chocolate binges. I am a recovered/recovering chocoholic too btw... One that still loves & consumes it, just not the crazy emotionally fueled over-consumption of my past...
                    Heh, I actually didn't like the toffee that much. I just ate them because I wanted to finish them and get them out of my house. Maybe next time I should chuck it...I think in that tub there was about a total of 110g carbohydrates, so maybe 90g sugar? Plus I got the munchies at night and I ate those instead of PUFA-laden sunflower seeds. Not sure if that was the best decision. Maybe I need to keep celery and romaine hearts around again....
                    My chocolatey Primal journey

                    Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                      Heh, I actually didn't like the toffee that much. I just ate them because I wanted to finish them and get them out of my house. Maybe next time I should chuck it...I think in that tub there was about a total of 110g carbohydrates, so maybe 90g sugar? Plus I got the munchies at night and I ate those instead of PUFA-laden sunflower seeds. Not sure if that was the best decision. Maybe I need to keep celery and romaine hearts around again....
                      Maybe you crave the crunch, more than the munch... Sometimes at night, i'll pour hot sauce over pork rinds & crunch away... It's primal: fat/protein & salt & i don't do it often, so its ok, as snacking in the evening, even primal foods, actually spikes insulin & blood sugar with not enough time to digest & process it all before bed...
                      "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                      "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                      "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Betorq View Post
                        Maybe you crave the crunch, more than the munch... Sometimes at night, i'll pour hot sauce over pork rinds & crunch away... It's primal: fat/protein & salt & i don't do it often, so its ok, as snacking in the evening, even primal foods, actually spikes insulin & blood sugar with not enough time to digest & process it all before bed...
                        Nah, it's definitely the munch. I would eat anything, really, if it strikes my craving. The bad thing is that I"m too lazy to actually cook something to eat, so I resort to snack foods to compensate...
                        My chocolatey Primal journey

                        Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                        Comment


                        • Also, I'm curious....how did you eventually get over your addiction? It's awesome that you can even keep chocolate in the house and let it last longer than several days. For me it'll have a turnover rate of 1 day =x
                          My chocolatey Primal journey

                          Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                          Comment


                          • Actually, I take that question back. I think I'm on a sweet-tooth kick, because I've been not overeating the cacao nibs in my pantry, and my 100% chocolate baking bar is still intact. I guess I'm over my chocolate addiction!

                            Monday:

                            23 hour fast. Came home from a heavy lifting session and took a 2 hour nap. Woke up and ate 1 lb chicken breast, 2 carrots, 1 lb nectarines, 3/4 lb sweet potato, and about 4 oz macadamia nuts. And 1 oz cacao nibs. Not terrible, not great. I'm going to try eliminating my fruit intake because I fear that it is exacerbating cravings for sweets, which I normally don't have. I'm also going to try eating a lb of non-chicken meat, and use about half a lb to a lb as supplemental protein, which it really should be.

                            Workout:
                            Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
                            Bench: 45x1x5, 95x3x5, 100x1x5
                            Snatch: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 65x3x5
                            My chocolatey Primal journey

                            Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                            Comment


                            • Tuesday:

                              Walked about 2.5 miles. For a late lunch after about 14 hours of fasting, ate 1 lb chicken breast and 2 carrots. Dinner was a celebratory homemade chocolate covered macadamia nut fest and a shitload of cashews. And 2 nectarines.
                              My chocolatey Primal journey

                              Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                              Comment


                              • Wednesday:

                                Lunch was a bunch of homemade dark chocolate macadamia nuts. I went to the gym 5 hours later and did:

                                Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
                                OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
                                Deadlift: 135x1x5, 225x1x1, 265 fail, 245x1x1, 185x1x5

                                Dinner was 1/2 lb sweet potato, 6 oz macadamias, >1 lb cod cooked with several cups of kale and coconut milk, and 2 eggs.
                                My chocolatey Primal journey

                                Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X