The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday:

Kind of starved all day, and was feeling cold. Had my BCAA powder right before fasted training. Here's what went wrong:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 165x1x3, 155x1x2, 155x2x5 (veeeery difficult)
    Bench: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 100x3x5
    Snatches: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 65x3x5 (not that bad)

Squats sucked so much

Dinner was 5 oz cashews, 1.5 lbs chicken, 1 lb spinach sauteed in coconut oil with half an onion, 1 lb cherries, 1 lb sweet potato, and 1/2 lb chocolate-covered cashews. LOL...
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• TTOM COMING SOON

Tuesday:
      Fasted all day, came home after work and started eating. Ate 3/4 lb chicken breast that I couldn't eat the day before. Then I cooked up some miso-seaweed-clam soup (hence the bloat from miso today), and made a celery salad. Also had about 4 oz cashews and macadamias, 1 lb cherries, 8 eggs, and about 3-4oz clover honey. No exercise ughhhhh.
      Last edited by sakura_girl; 07-18-2012, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Wednesday:

Wow. Just wow. I ate until I was nauseous and had to take a short walk right before sleeping because my stomach hurt. O_o Evidently way stressed. Maybe I should dial down my gaming...

Rode my bike for about 2 hours. Came home from about a 20 hour fast and started eating. Made Thai green curry with 2 lbs chicken breast and basil. I also had about 2.5 lbs of kabocha squash. Then 3/4 lb grape tomatoes. Then 3/4 lb cherries. Then 10 oz macadamias (YES, ALL 10 oz...wtf is wrong with me). THEN i ate the coconut milk panna cotta I made, which was only half-formed. Wth.

I'm guessing part of it has to do with stress because I'm tired during the day and can't sleep well at night. I've been forgetting to take my magnesium supplements because I figure I'm so tired right before bed that I shouldn't have problems staying asleep. Also all of this kind of started when I took one of my old multivitamin supplements from Costco. I did this because there is absolutely no nutrition in chicken breast, and I've been eating it like 5/7 days of the week. I'm going to take a break from chicken breast and go back to mostly meat, eggs, and fish, leaving fowl 1-2 days/week. Need to get back on that liver wagon too.

Comment

• Thursday:

24 hour fast. 20 hours in, I went to the gym:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 165x2x5, 170x1x5.
          OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
          Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 225x1x1, failed attempt at 270x1, so did a 245x1x1

Fell asleep immediately after the gym for 2 hours, and then got up to eat. Dinner was 1 lb shrimp, 8 eggs, 1 humongous celery salad, a pound of kabocha squash, a pound of sweet potato, and about 4oz macadamias.

Comment

• Friday:

1 hour of bicycling at a moderate pace was my exercise. Dinner was Japanese curry with a little white rice.

Saturday:

1 hour of bicycling at a moderate pace + 1 hour of hiking. Lunch through dinner was lots of junk food...8 oz macadamias mixed with 25 dates and some cacao powder, 2 oz cashews, 12oz chicken breast, 8 eggs, some kraut, and a lb of sweet potato.

Sunday:

Was going to fast 24 hours and go to the gym, but friend came over and we made Thai curry for lunch. I ended up eating about 12 oz chicken breast, part of a can of coconut milk, lots of basil, 8 oz almonds (and the remaining dates), 6 eggs, 1 lb 75% grass fed beef, some tomatoes, some seaweed, the rest of my kraut, 2 lbs of lychee, and some honey. Exercise was about 3 miles of walking spread throughout the day.

Comment

• Plan for this coming week:

- Put a break on the video games. It's contributing to bad-quality sleep and my tendency to wake up 6 hours after I've hit the sack, even though I'm way too tired to get up.
              - Stop buying those stupid nuts because I obviously can't control myself, even if I buy an overabundance of them as an attempt to overwhelm my brain into thinking it can't possibly eat all of it to save for later. Going back to coconut chips as snacks....at least I'm eating 500 calories including MCTs instead of thousands of calories worth of PUFAs and phytic acid.
              - Start drinking tea at night again. Helps me calm down.
              - WALK MORE. It helped so much to do those 4 mile walks after work in the preceding weeks. Going to start that up again versus the bike rides.

Comment

• Also, it's been a while since I ate organs. My old excuse was that they were laden with PUFAs and antibiotics, since I can't get a grass-fed source that easily, but I'm going to get a bunch of stuff tomorrow. Going to buy liver and fish at Whole Foods, and see if I can buy heart anywhere in the Asian supermarket nearby. I want to make bone broth, but I don't have a crockpot. Oh well, start slow...

Comment

• Monday:

Went to the gym on a ~20 hour fast:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x2x5, 165x1x5
                  Snatch: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 65x1x5, 65x1x4, 65x1x1, 65x1x4, 65x1x1
                  Bench: 45x1x5, 95x3x5

Dinner was a can of salmon with parsley and tomatoes. I was going to eat my 1 lb bag of mixed seafood but HALF of it was surimi! Dammit....so I had like half a pound of assorted seafood mix. Also had a few oz of walnuts and a small sweet potato. And 8 eggs.

Comment

• Tuesday:

Went for a 6 mile walk after work. Sleep was SO GOOD and dreams so lucid. Yay
                    Dinner was a pound of salmon collar, half a pound of chicken liver, 7oz cashews, 2oz almonds, an oz macadamias, and an oz pistachios. Oh, and a grape tomato salad with some basil. And a small sweet potato with coconut oil. Mmmmmmmmm....

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                      Tuesday: Went for a 6 mile walk after work. Sleep was SO GOOD and dreams so lucid. Yay
                      Dinner was a pound of salmon collar, half a pound of chicken liver, 7oz cashews, 2oz almonds, an oz macadamias, and an oz pistachios. Oh, and a grape tomato salad with some basil. And a small sweet potato with coconut oil. Mmmmmmmmm....
                      Wow, a festival for nuts. Have you been following the ongoing PUFA thread?
                      My left leg was hurtin' last nite on my evening walk, so I'm taking an exercise break today & will reassess tomorrow morning.
                      "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                      "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                      "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Betorq View Post
                        Wow, a festival for nuts. Have you been following the ongoing PUFA thread?
                        My left leg was hurtin' last nite on my evening walk, so I'm taking an exercise break today & will reassess tomorrow morning.
                        No, I don't follow it, and am well-aware of the fact that lately I have been consuming way too many PUFAs. I have tried switching to macadamias and cashews, which are lower, but I eat nuts in high volume, so I still end up with way high levels anyway. I've noticed that every time I go off on a large nut-eating craze, I end up with a stuffy nose (probably related to PUFAs) and a bloated stomach (probably related to the insoluble fibers) the next day.

It's really annoying because when I come home and eat my meal of like 2000 calories, I am still hungry for more food, though not necessarily physically hungry. Like my body wants more calories, but it is physically filled. I feel much better eating something high in fats for this, because I tried doing fruits and carbs for a while, and those exacerbated my hunger.

How long of walks do you normally take? I like to keep mine longer than 3 miles because it keeps me sane and relaxed when I let my mind just chill.

Comment

• Wednesday:

18 hour fast in, went to the gym:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x1x3, 155x1x2, 155x2x5
                          OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
                          Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 225x1x1, failed @ 245x1x1 so did another 225x1x1.

I tried to go to sleep afterward, just like a few weeks ago, but I ended up getting dizzy. I'm on TTOM, so I figured it probably wasn't a good idea to keep fasting. Ate dinner of 1 lb salmon collar, 10 oz chicken breast, 1/2 lb sweet potato, 2.5 lbs cherries, 12oz cashews, and 1 lb grape tomatoes.

I'm going to try eat a fuckton of sweet potatoes and eating something high in protein afterward to see if I can get the carbs in without getting dizzy or bingeing crazily on carbs after the first few bites. It's really annoying to feel so hungry but full at the same time. And my calories have been ridiculous these past few weeks. Once TTOM is over, my appetite will dial back down and I can focus more on training. Gah.

Comment

• Thursday:

Came home at 6, and ate a half pound of chicken livers with garlic, 3/4 lb chicken breast, half a head of romaine, a tomato, and the remaining pound of sweet potato I had. Left home and came back. Did some sprinting on the street. Showered, then ate 8oz pistachios and 6 eggs. And some spoonfuls of honey.

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                              Thursday:

Came home at 6, and ate a half pound of chicken livers with garlic, 3/4 lb chicken breast, half a head of romaine, a tomato, and the remaining pound of sweet potato I had. Left home and came back. Did some sprinting on the street. Showered, then ate 8oz pistachios and 6 eggs. And some spoonfuls of honey.
                              Damn! I do admire a woman w/ an appetite! YOU EAT LIKE A 300 LB MAN, lol
                              "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                              "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                              "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Betorq View Post
                                Damn! I do admire a woman w/ an appetite! YOU EAT LIKE A 300 LB MAN, lol
                                LOL thanks? Miraculously I've been seeing some slow fat loss. I guess this proves real Primal eating works, since earlier in the year I was doing a bunch of dairy, chocolate, and nuts. At that time I had pretty much the same caloric values and same workout regimen, but I was gaining fat. Or maybe it was the 24 hour fasts that was the real dealbreaker.

Comment

Working...
                                X