Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a slightly epic weekend

Friday:
    Came home late, did a few sets of Tabatas, ate Thai green curry (1000 cals worth?) and went to sleep late.

Saturday:
    Sooooo tired today. Ate intermittently random stuff throughout the day because I was so tired. Total, I ate two chicken breasts, half a whole thing of celery, onions and spinach, a dozen eggs, and a pound of sweet potato. Also tried to sneak in some spoonfuls of coconut oil, but I was too tired to feel the difference in brain function.

Sunday:
    Lunch was a quarter pound of nuts, a chicken breast, and some rice paper rolls. Dinner was borscht, rye bread (eek!) with pork fat (mmm!) and several shots of alcohol. Afterward I got the munchies and ate a pound of cherries, some oranges, and almost a half pound of nuts....

Today I feel like shit. I have a slight hangover because I didn't hydrate enough. And I'm really nervous about what the grain is going to do in my gut/make me feel all week.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Monday:

Tireeeed. 30 hour fast until Tuesday morning. Gym:

Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
      Snatches: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 65x1x3, 65x1x2, 65x1x3, 65x1x2, 65x1x4, 65x1x1
      Bench: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 100x1x4, 100x1x1, 100x1x3, 100x1x2, 100x1x4, 100x1x1

Forgot the BCAAs. Dammit. Had a glass of l-glutamine mixed with magnesium citrate before bed.

Comment

• Just took a shit, and boy, was that the most difficult poo to pass in a very long time! Stupid grains...

Comment

• Tuesday:

3 mile walk and some sprints.

Breakfast at 7 was a can of salmon with a cup of basil, sauteed bunch of parsley, about 3/4 lb of sweet potato and about 3oz pistachios. Dinner 12 hours later was 8 eggs, 4 egg whites, 7oz pistachios, some almonds, and a lb of jicama. Total cals about 3600.

Comment

• Wednesday:

Tea for breakfast. Ate 2.5lbs chicken breasts for lunch (yayyyy experimentation with different marinades!) and about a pound of zucchini and eggplant. Then took about a 1.5 hr moderately easy bike ride. Dinner was a pound of around 85% 100% grass-fed ground beef, some oranges, handful of peanuts (yeah....I think TTOM is coming up because I got desperate with the peckishness), can of TJ coconut milk (tasted like shit), 6 eggs, and half a pound of purple sweet potatoes.

I would also like to mention that this equals roughly 3000 calories and 350g protein. LOL
            Last edited by sakura_girl; 07-05-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Thursday:

No exercise. I'm definitely inflamed because there are zits popping all over my face and my breathing is slightly difficult because of the congestion. Looks like I have to do an overhaul where I don't eat any nuts for a while.

Because I ate a bunch of crap last night. Fasted all day until 5pm. Had jerk salmon on romaine for dinner. Came home with chocolate cravings (I suspect because I don't get enough iron with all the chicken and salmon I've been eating) and caved in and bought a bunch of dark chocolate covered ginger things from Trader Joes. Pretty much ate the whole thing, along with about 4oz of nuts. After I had a chicken breast and some vegetables to blunt the inevitable binge. 3000 calories, about 150g protein, 150g fat, and 350g carbs. Definitely will be glycogen-ready for today's workout!

Comment

• Been consistently stressed this week. I've been eating a lot of PUFAs from nuts, and I gave in to chocolate. Consistently, I've been eating 3000-3500 calories, and not even that much protein. Not a good week.

Friday:

23 hour fast. Gym:

Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
                OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
                Deadlift: 135x1x5, 225x4x2

Dinner was mushroom soup, almost 1 lb beef liver and almost 1 lb potatoes. Also ate almost a lb of cashews...

Saturday:

Hiking for several hours. Ate berries intermittently as I saw them. Lunch was a dozen eggs, some carrots and like 1oz cashews. Dinner was 1 lb chicken breast, spinach and onions (boy, it's awesome finally eating cooked veggies again!), half lb of chocolate covered nuts, and almost 2 lb cherries. Sooooo stuffed.
                Last edited by sakura_girl; 07-15-2012, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Sunday:

Had the last of my chocolate covered nuts. 2000 calories of it, which included a pound of cherries. Then I went to the gym and had an awesome workout:

Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x1x5, 165x1x5, 170x1x5
                  Bench: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 100x3x5
                  Snatch: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 65x5x5

Dinner was a pound of 100% grass-fed beef, a pound of sweet potato, another lb of cherries, and about an ounce of hazelnuts.

4000 calories whooooooo

Comment

• Had some relatives come over for the last two days, so my exercise was limited and my food choices kind of funky.

Monday:

Fasted all day, ate dinner of 1 lb 100% grass-fed beef, 1/2 sweet potato, several slices of manchego, and a carrot. And a few cherries and pluots. Walked a little bit during the day, but not very much.

Tuesday:

Did a mile run in my vibrams in the morning. Lunch was about a cup of tomato clam chowder. Dinner was basically boiling crab, which included a half lb of seafood dipped in who-knows-what sauce. Also had some beef oxtail.

Comment

• Tuesday:

Definitely ate from tiredness. Got home at a 22 hour fast, didn't work out, ate: almost 1 lb chicken breast, 6 eggs, 6 egg whites, 3 small pluots, 4oz manchego leftover from the people staying over my house, a large sweet potato, 3-4lbs of watermelon, some tbsp of raw local honey, 1/2 can salmon, and 1/3 lb hickorynuts (seems like they were roasted in veggie oil or severely roasted, since I felt nauseous afterward). Total 3800 calories. 250g protein, 350g carbs, 200g fat.

Comment

• actually, come to think of it, it is probably also due to TTOM coming next week or so. I was actually tempted to eat the wheat snacks that people brought over....who would have thought? O_o Has never happened before

Comment

• Thursday:

Gym workout sucked ass 20 hours into my fast and accidentally forgot to consume BCAAs:
                          Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 170x1x5, 170x1x3, 170x1x2, 160x1x5
                          OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
                          Deadlift: 135x1x5, 225x1x2, attempt at 1rm at both 270x1 and 260x1 and failed. ARGH

Then went on a 2 hour bike ride.

Dinner was therefore after a 24 hour fast and I had almost 2 lbs chicken, 1 lb spinach with garlic sauteed in coconut oil, 1.5 lb sweet potato, and some watermelon.

Comment

• Friday:

Lunch was a half dozen eggs and basil leaves. Then I got stomach cramps, from either the basil, eggs, or chicken the night before. Dinner was salmon collar and kale sauteed with garlic and butter. Delish. Exercise the entire day was about 2 miles of walking.

Comment

• Saturday:

Okay, I am for sure emotional eating on weekends right now. I don't know why. Ugh.

Did about 1.5 mile run, along with about a mile of walking total during the day. Lunch was 1 lb of chicken breast, almost 2 lb cherries, 8oz pistachios, 1 lb strawberries, and 1.5 lb grape tomatoes. Dinner was 6 eggs, about 2 lb watermelon, and my boyfriend brought over some steel cut oats for me, so I ate it =.=

Comment

• Sunday:

Did much better today. Came home around 1pm and made Thai curry with 2 lb chicken, 3/4 can coconut milk, 1/2 lb eggplant, a cup or two of fresh basil, and spices. Also tried to make a custard with the remaining coconut milk and an egg with some sugar, stevia, and cinnamon. Not too bad, but I have to experiment now to get the ratios of stuff right. Also ate 4 nectarines. Finished eating around 4pm. Consumed 5g L-glutamine in the evening after I got back from a 3.5/4 mile walk. Sleep soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X