No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! You are part of my inspiration. And I'm not saying that just to butter up to you xD

I totally agree with the learning curve. I think it's okay to regress just a little bit just to keep sanity, anyway. This is for the long haul, right? How much were you IFing before you found your metabolism to get depressed?

And yeah, my boyfriend is seriously the most awesome person I've met. His lifestyle choices are quite Primal (lift heavy things, play, etc), though he still eats grains as part of his diet, though mainly because it's free food from his parents' (he's attending school). I'm sure if it were just us two living together, he'd eat completely Paleo. I just want him to get off the hungry-every-5-hours track because he still doesn't believe it when I tell him 24 hour IFing is easy. >_<
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
      Thanks! You are part of my inspiration. And I'm not saying that just to butter up to you xD

I totally agree with the learning curve. I think it's okay to regress just a little bit just to keep sanity, anyway. This is for the long haul, right? How much were you IFing before you found your metabolism to get depressed?

And yeah, my boyfriend is seriously the most awesome person I've met. His lifestyle choices are quite Primal (lift heavy things, play, etc), though he still eats grains as part of his diet, though mainly because it's free food from his parents' (he's attending school). I'm sure if it were just us two living together, he'd eat completely Paleo. I just want him to get off the hungry-every-5-hours track because he still doesn't believe it when I tell him 24 hour IFing is easy. >_<
      24 hour fast easy? I think you meant impossible
      well then

Comment

• Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
        24 hour fast easy? I think you meant impossible
        Hahaha for you! You're a lot better off eating stuff all the time, but for small fry like me, it's really easy, especially after training

Comment

• Friday:

Fast until dinner. Did 4 sets of tabatas. Dinner was a fish, a little salad, and some pumpkin. 700 cals, easy stuff.

Comment

• Saturday:

10 mile walk. Breakfast was eggs and pumpkin. Lunch was a handful of almonds and some eggs. Dinner was a shitload of nuts and a chicken breast and a celery stalk. 3000 calorie day right there.

Sunday:

Walked around really slowly for several hours around the mall. GOT VIBRAMS Breakfast was the last of my almonds and some celery. Lunch was a bunch of kimchi crab and some galbi and pork tongue. Dinner consisted of a package of trader joes turkey hot dogs I've been curious to try (too sweet!), 3lbs of fruit, and a clafoutis. Obviously needed more veggies xD this day was like a 3000 calorie day too.
            Last edited by sakura_girl; 06-18-2012, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Monday:

Fasted all day, but couldn't do the 24 hour fast because of my stupid PMS cravings. Ate at around 8pm until 9:30pm with 2 chicken breasts, a pound of fresh spinach and a shallot in some coconut oil, a pound or so of sweet potato, and several eggs. 1700 calories, woot!

Gym workout:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 155x1x5, 160x2x5
              Bench: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 100x3x5
              Snatch: 35x1x5, 55x1x5, 60x2x5

Comment

• So I read Mark's post this morning, and confirmed how detrimental my fasts actually are to my goals, although I never have problems with hunger. I am concerned about the detrimental effects to my training, so I am thinking about doing leangains 14/10 fasts since I still like fasting. And throwing in one 24 hour fast every week. Ugh, have to start eating lunch again. Boo.
                Last edited by sakura_girl; 06-19-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Yesterday I took a 5 mile walk after work. Got home and made a shredded daikon and ground beef bake. SO DELICIOUS. I was so full after one piece, but I didn't eat anything all day, so figured I should probably eat the rest of that, which I ended up doing. I also had about a pound of kabocha squash and two sauteed bunches of parsley. I was really full, but I wanted something immensely carby, so I ate a bunch of dried figs, and then snacked on sunflower seeds. Went to bed FULL. Sooo good though 3000 calories, 250g carbs and 200g protein. My ratios are starting to skew toward more carbs and less fat, so we'll see what happens with this setup...

Comment

• Aw crap. I'm all bloated today. It might be from the raw garlic I ate yesterday...my mom has issues eating garlic, so I'm almost positive it's the garlic.

Yesterday I tried something different. Tried to eat a meal a la leangains several hours before training. It actually improved my lifting a bit. I think I may go about the 24 hour fast on a Tuesday or Thursday instead of training days...

Gym:
                    Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
                    OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x2x5, 75x1x3, 75x1x2
                    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 225x1x5

So meal-wise I did kind of not that great. Before the workout, I had a pound of kabocha squash and a chicken breast. Dinner, I kind of forced myself to eat liver because I hadn't in a really long time and I wanted to get the nutrients in. This time, I bought liver from the Chinese supermarket, and boy, there is such a huge difference between that and the Whole Foods organic liver I normally get. I made the garlic chicken liver with a WHOLE HEAD of raw garlic. Woot.

And then I guess my body wasn't satisfied with the liver? Normally when I eat liver, I get super full from all the nutrient density, especially since I ate another pound of kabocha with dinner, but this time I made a beeline for the pistachios and cashews (and raspberries!) in my freezer. I really need to just keep those out of my house as I still have no self-control apparently...anyway, plugged all my stats in, and got 3300 calories, 250g protein, 220g carbs, and 170g fat. Ugh. Oh well. When I go to Whole Foods today to get fish collar, I am NOT going to buy any more nuts!

Comment

• On a side note, my poop yesterday was freaking awesome. From the food on Monday - the sweet potato and spinach came out really fast and painlessly. Best poop ever

Comment

• Wow, this weekend was freaking awesome because I went to Socal.

Friday, it was mostly driving with about an hour and a half of hiking. Lunch was homemade sausage egg muffins with celery sticks, and dinner was 3/4lb of Brazilian bbq.

Saturday was a morning stroll of about 2 hours. Ate lunch of some tuna, eggs, and wheat-crusted mushrooms. Went on a 2-hour easy hike. Dinner was around a pound and a half of korean bbq.

Sunday snack was about a quarter pound of kumquats, skin on. Dinner was a few oz of pulled pork, a cup of white rice, and some lettuce and tomatoes. Total exercise for the day was like an hour of slowwww strolling.

Comment

• Monday training totally sucked. I ate about 7-8g BCAA powder and like a small piece of dried fruit worth of food an hour before hitting the gym. Stats:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x1x4, 160x1x1, 160x1x3, 160x1x2, 155x1x5
                          Bench: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 100x1x4, 100x1x1, 100x1x4, 100x1x1, 95x1x5
                          Snatches: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 65x3x5

Dinner: 2 huge chicken breasts, 1lb+ sweet potato, sauteed fresh spinach and onions, 1/4lb pistachios, 1lb blueberries, and some sour grapes. I was so tired, though, that the food wasn't so satisfying as it normally is. Slept about 7.5 hours.

Comment

• Well I guess I'm not really changing my eating habits because I don't really see the need to. End of Monday I weighed myself and I was 152lbs. On an average of 3000 calories/day. Meh.

Macros are now officially along the lines of 250g protein, 250g carbs, 100-150g fat. Used to be 150-200g protein, 150-200g carbs, 200g fat. I feel more awesome, but more prone to bloatedness. Hopefully that will go away soon.

Lately I've been feeling like shit, but that might have to do with the fact that I ate out in Socal this past weekend, and at work we have been having free food that is pretty tasty, pretty Primal, but have a small amount of questionable ingredients (aka, teriyaki sauce on chicken) compared to big picture. I'm hoping to get clean after today.

Anyway, recap on Tuesday:

Did not exercise except to walk 1 mile. Felt really tired, and did a lot of chores/ran some errands. Lunch was some teriyaki chicken and beef and a Vietnamese spring roll. Dinner was canned salmon, a heart of celery, several oz pistachios, half a pound of sweet potato, and almost an entire pound of rice cake.

Comment

• Had a lunch of salami and broccoli beef with questionable ingredients, with guac and olives.

Gym workout:
                              Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x2x5, 160x1x3, 160x1x2
                              OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 75x1x5, 70x1x4, 70x1x1, 70x1x3, 70x1x2
                              Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x3x5

Dinner: 1.7lbs chicken breast, sauteed spinach and onions, half lb of sweet potato, some rice cake, and 6 eggs.

On a side note, I'm wondering if my reconsumption of black pepper is making my allergies flare up again. I'm going to try to eliminate them. BP coffee paranoia is still making me paranoid about black pepper mycotoxins -.-

Comment

• Shit, I'm giving into the stress at work this week.

Yesterday I had a nice, relaxing walk of 5 miles to the grocery store, and once I got home, I didn't want to eat. But once I started....holy shit!! 3lbs of cod collar, spinach sauteed with ginger, an entire rice cake, a pound of cherries, half a pound of nectarines, and a quarter pound of pistachios. So not proud of this moment. Went to bed really full and woke up kind of bloated -.-"

On top of all this, I have this spot on my shoulder that keeps hurting. I HATE YOU CORTISOL

Comment

Working...
                                X