The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday:

Ate a breakfast of king salmon collar and 10 egg whites and 2 eggs. And a half pound of spinach. Absolutely delicious.

For dinner a friend came over and we had mashed sweet potato, boiled vegetables, and chicken with zucchini. Later on I ate some pistachios while gaming. And some honey before I slept. Calorically, I ate probably 3,000. Eh.

I've noticed this week that I'm a lot more sore after training. I guess that's what I get for not eating right after. Oh well. I kind of like this eating schedule more. Minus the huge binges on nuts. I'm almost out of them, so won't happen next week!
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Friday:

Fasted all day, and then did a WOD after work. Came home and whipped up some bacon-wrapped rosemary chicken, a fennel/arugula/apricot salad, sweet potato mash, and baked a peach clafoutis from coconut flour for dessert. Boyfriend was happy

Saturday:

Ate the rest of the clafoutis and a bunch of pistachios for breakfast. Lunch was 2lbs of this Alaskan cod collar from Whole Foods (maybe like 1lb of actual meat?) Went on about an 8 mile hike and came home and slept.

Sunday:

Was not hungry for breakfast, but was worrying about the rotting of the 2lbs of salmon collar in the fridge, so ate that. Went on a stroll in the afternoon and came back for dinner, which consisted of 1/3lb of sheep milk cheese, 10 egg whites, 2 eggs, a bunch of carrots and tomatoes, 1/4 lb sweet potato, and snacked on shredded coconut. And then I gorged myself on the rest of my local blackberry honey (about 5 oz?) which gave me a stomachache. lol.

That cheese definitely got my nose all clogged up. Looks like I can never enjoy cheese in moderation because my body hates it

Comment

• Friday I bought 5 lindt bars for the month, guess what, THEYRE ALL GONE
        well then

Comment

• Lol, good for you You need the calories xP

Comment

• Monday:

24 hour fast. I got home after my workout and was hungry, so I ate a little more than a pound and a half of chicken breast, pounded thinly and sauteed in a bit of coconut oil. I also ate two tomatoes, a serving of sauerkraut, and sauteed fennel fronds. Followed by a little more than a pound of purple sweet potato. Clocking at about 1500-1600 calories.

Gym workout:
            Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 155x3x5
            OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x4x5
            Deadlift: 135x1x5, 225x1x5

Wewt.

Comment

• Tuesday:

16 hour fast. Had lots of tea. Got home and ate 1/2lb pistachios and a little more than a pound of chicken breasts and a bunch of parsley. Also ate a head of celery.

Then I decided to walk to the library a 7.5-mile round trip away. I had an overdue book and a book on hold, so hence I went.

It was absolutely amazing to go on this walk. On SAD if I forced myself to walk longer than 3 miles, I would get impatient, start thinking about food, hate myself the entire time, etc. It was totally fine for me this time around, except towards the end when I had a mile left and was starting to get a little antsy about how tired my feet were getting and how traffic lights suck. I didn't even need my ipod

Got home, took a cold shower, and ate a few more pistachios. Probably hit like 10-12oz the entire day. Then I gorged on a pound of roasted chestnuts....whoops? Calories clocking in a 3,300.

I was looking at my past months' worth of calories and I've been averaging 2500 a day. D'oh. Need to scale back to 2000.

Comment

• Wednesday:

Complete day fast again. Gym workout:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 155x3x5
                Bench: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 100x4x5
                Snatch: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 65x2x5

Comment

• Thursday:

Wooooooooooooooooooow.............somehow I ate like 5,600 calories today LOOOOL. My friend brought over some korean rice cakes and I ate all of it. Plus a bunch of pistachios. And chicken cooked with spinach and onions. And a head of celery. And a dozen eggs. So....full..................today. Yesterday I could have eaten more, but didn't. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                    Thursday:

Wooooooooooooooooooow.............somehow I ate like 5,600 calories today LOOOOL. My friend brought over some korean rice cakes and I ate all of it. Plus a bunch of pistachios. And chicken cooked with spinach and onions. And a head of celery. And a dozen eggs. So....full..................today. Yesterday I could have eaten more, but didn't. LOL.
                    Well, that's quite a lot, even a little more than I usually eat I wouldn't be full though
                    well then

Comment

• Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                      Well, that's quite a lot, even a little more than I usually eat I wouldn't be full though
                      Haha, I'm jealous. It would be cool to be able to eat that much in a day, but I have actually never eaten more than 4,500 in a day before, even back when I binged almost on a daily basis. Holy moly....

Comment

Haha, I'm jealous. It would be cool to be able to eat that much in a day, but I have actually never eaten more than 4,500 in a day before, even back when I binged almost on a daily basis. Holy moly....
                        I have no idea how you do that, binging and still be at 4500 haha. For me binging is around 7000. Glad I hardly every really binge anymore.
                        Check this out, I did IF for 16 hours and yet easily ate all of this I'm a pig
                        Food June 14.jpg
                        well then

Comment

• Ahhhh, so jealous of what you ate! I dig all that cheese and the chocolate bar in there ;P

I guess a binge for me is a lot lower because I'm already grown and half your height, probably? xP Being a short Asian girl sucks.

Comment

• How's the cut going sakura_girl?
                            F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
                              How's the cut going sakura_girl?
                              Ahaha. Not the best time to ask me about it, as I keep snacking.

TTOM is coming irregularly since I met my boyfriend (also coincidentally when I gave up chocolate and regular servings of cheeses...what's the culprit?), so I feel the need to eat a lot more days of the month than I used to. Like I know it's coming next week because I ate so much yesterday, and had the capacity to consume more... I haven't drastically reduced calories because the past few weeks I've been bombarded with food from other people, and I don't want it to go to waste. Plus I've developed a nasty habit of snacking on nuts when I'm on the computer at home. I suspect I am still falling prey to high amounts of stress.

On the positive side, I weighed myself last week and it was 153lbs. My size 10 clothes are starting to get a little loose, so that's a good sign too. The only lift that's gone noticeably down is my bench press, which went from 115x5 to barely 100x5. I feel amazingly light after a 30 hr fast from a very late dinner to a breakfast. I don't know if my body is eating my muscle for this, so I think I'll revert back to eating an early dinner to a late dinner for my 24 hour fasts. I'm hoping that now that I have really lean protein, I'll be able to eat fewer calories after the fast, since I usually don't want to eat so many after a trained fast (but feel obligated to fulfill my protein requirements and eat SOME carbs)

I need to do more slow cardio on my nontraining days. I think that would help immensely, plus I have a stack of books I still need to get to. Been lazy, need to get on that.

And yourself? How is your progress lately?
                              Last edited by sakura_girl; 06-15-2012, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Ahaha. Not the best time to ask me about it, as I keep snacking.

TTOM is coming irregularly since I met my boyfriend (also coincidentally when I gave up chocolate and regular servings of cheeses...what's the culprit?), so I feel the need to eat a lot more days of the month than I used to. Like I know it's coming next week because I ate so much yesterday, and had the capacity to consume more... I haven't drastically reduced calories because the past few weeks I've been bombarded with food from other people, and I don't want it to go to waste. Plus I've developed a nasty habit of snacking on nuts when I'm on the computer at home. I suspect I am still falling prey to high amounts of stress.

On the positive side, I weighed myself last week and it was 153lbs. My size 10 clothes are starting to get a little loose, so that's a good sign too. The only lift that's gone noticeably down is my bench press, which went from 115x5 to barely 100x5. I feel amazingly light after a 30 hr fast from a very late dinner to a breakfast. I don't know if my body is eating my muscle for this, so I think I'll revert back to eating an early dinner to a late dinner for my 24 hour fasts. I'm hoping that now that I have really lean protein, I'll be able to eat fewer calories after the fast, since I usually don't want to eat so many after a trained fast (but feel obligated to fulfill my protein requirements and eat SOME carbs)

I need to do more slow cardio on my nontraining days. I think that would help immensely, plus I have a stack of books I still need to get to. Been lazy, need to get on that.
                                And yourself? How is your progress lately?
                                Glad to hear that you are still making good progress. And I'm seriously impressed.

I've had more than a bit of stress recently plus crap weather, thus have made no progress whatsoever ... and have possibly regressed slightly. Still, it's all a learning curve, and I have been experimenting with far too much IF than was necessary, and I'm sure that raised my cortisol levels and stalled weightloss. Still, amazingly I am still an easy fit into a UK size 12.

Anyway, I hope your new bf is good for you x
                                F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X