The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday:

Phew, thank goodness the cravings have mostly subsided. Tried to do a 20 hour fast and succeeded, only to eat 5 oz of coconut flakes. Then for dinner I had half a head of romaine (leftovers from fridge), a pound of grass-fed ground beef, a huge bunch of kale, 11 eggs, and one egg white LOL. I walked maybe 2 miles the entire day. Not the best, but not terrible either. The hunger monster is gone today, so I should be okay now. Will be doing a 24 hour fast through training
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Wednesday:

24 hour fast woohoo!!

Broke it after the gym with 1/2 a whole sable baked with ginger, scallions, and temari. About 4 eggs and 2 tomatoes worth of Chinese scrambled tomato egg. 1 dry cup's worth of rice. About half a pound of broccoli. And a glass of wine. Also snacked on some coconut flakes. Total about 2200 calories, and probably not enough protein at 110g. Good thing carbs are muscle-sparing.

Gym workout was okay.
      Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 125x1x5, 140x1x5, 135x2x5
      OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x1x5, 75x2x5
      Deadlift (whoooooooo this is where it gets exciting): 135x1x5, 225x1x2, 255x1x1

I deadlifted more than all the guys surrounding me at the gym And there were 3 other people deadlifting at various times x3

Comment

• jesus cristo how do you eat 11 eggs at once?!?!?! What's your rationale for the egg whites? The idea of leaving out the yolk makes me cry a little bit inside

Comment

• Originally posted by AbigailLyn View Post
          jesus cristo how do you eat 11 eggs at once?!?!?! What's your rationale for the egg whites? The idea of leaving out the yolk makes me cry a little bit inside
          Trying to meet my protein requirements. Sometimes I feel more hungry so I eat the yolk with the white. If not, I just eat the white.

This was especially important back when I was consuming pet burgers, which only had 60g protein and 140g fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
            Saturday:

-.- Went to a bath house and relaxed on the salts for a bit. The korean old lady that fell asleep in the room kept intermittently snoring, which prevented me from being able to take a nap.

>_<
            Where does one find a bath house and what are "the salts"?
            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• Originally posted by jammies View Post
              Where does one find a bath house and what are "the salts"?
              Yelp
              The two I know in South Bay are the Lawrence Health Center and the Family Medical Health Center, both in Santa Clara. The salts are supposed to be good for detoxing. You basically go into a room that is built of some sort of mineral and filled with huge grains of salt, and just relax.

Comment

• Last night, this is what went down:

A walk of about a mile during lunch as usual, to get my coffee. Also I came home and ran a little more than a mile barefoot. Trying to get used to the asphalt on my bare feet. Also I need to figure out how to not be at an angle so that I'm always leaning one way without being in the middle of the road -.-

Lunch was hamachi and eel sushi (TINY roll ) and an Americano with a bit of heavy cream. Dinner was a little more than a pound of liver with onions, sauteed cauliflower rice with several egg whites and an egg with parsley and green onion, half a small yucca root (got paranoid about cyanide poisoning because my root was still a little hard so ate half and downed 2 activated charcoal pills), and half a huge thing of seaweed. Woke up with face bloated because all the water I had to retain for the dried seaweed and the charcoal.

Comment

• Friday:

5 tabata sets and short bike ride as exercise

Dinner was a pound of meat, 10 eggs, 2 egg whites, a pound of cauliflower and a small onion, half the yucca, and two small sweet potatoes. Clocked around 2300 calories? I think I'm eating because I'm tired. Need...sleep.......?

Comment

• Saturday:

Walked around a theme park and standing all day, then had a dinner of a half plate of rice with tri tip, some kind of green sauce, iceberg salad, and cottage cheese. Came home to eat half a dozen eggs. Between the dinner and eggs was about a 4 mile stroll. Phew!

Comment

• Have you tried lindt 99% cacao? a lot of people hate it but I LOVE IT. You can eat an entire bar for a total of 270 cals and 0.5g added sugar. most of the calories come from fat.
                      well then

Comment

• Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                        Have you tried lindt 99% cacao? a lot of people hate it but I LOVE IT. You can eat an entire bar for a total of 270 cals and 0.5g added sugar. most of the calories come from fat.
                        Yup. Love it. I could eat like 3 of those in one sitting. Problem? Each bar costs like $4 -.-

Comment

• Sunday:

Had 4 hours of sleep at night. Went to church and then met up with a buddy to do tabatas very tiredly, so only did 3 sets. Walked around a little to get some errands done. Then went home to take an hour nap. Woke up to eat some sea snail sauteed in garlic butter, sauteed cabbage and onions, and half a dozen eggs, half a dozen egg whites, and some duck eggs. Surprised the duck eggs didn't taste better because they were pastured. Also downed a pound of tteok in one sitting because I was massively craving carbs from the exercise and sleep deprivation. Finished my meal at 8:30, went to sleep at close to 10, and slept like a baby until 6:15. LOVED IT.

Comment

• Post-thought: Now that TTOM is over, I don't have excuses to eat at a caloric surplus. Need to regulate calorie consumption again since I'm not walking around as much. Aiming for 1600-2000 depending on lifting days.

Comment

• I think you're eating too little chocolate lately
                              well then

Comment

• Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                                I think you're eating too little chocolate lately
                                GOOD It's addictive for me and it has a certain psychological stigma, so I shouldn't consume it for a while while I'm trying to lose fat.

Comment

Working...
                                X