No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know why, but I've gotten into the Swiss milk chocolates lately. I haven't really been that into the dark 90% ranges like I used to, but I am scarfing down the Lindt and Ritter Sport alpine milk chocolates like I don't have enough. The milk tastes so different and good... >_< maybe it's my cheese cravings re-manifesting itself...

Going to try another 20 hr fast this Tuesday or Wednesday before training I love eating in one sitting because the 150g protein really really really really stuffs me so that I don't want to eat even chocolate, as witnessed last week. I think I have a net calorie balance of 0 all week, which hasn't happened in ages, since I always overeat. So excited now!!!
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Glad to hear that. I'm holding off on my 20% (I already used some this month) until I see my folks. I'm going to tell my dad to make me some Filipino Champurrado (chocolate rice); and then after that, I'll be seeking to really primalize it by using dark chocolate.. I haven't had Lindt in a while.
      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

• Ooo is that the same thing as Mexican Champurrado? How is rice used?

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
          Ooo is that the same thing as Mexican Champurrado? How is rice used?
          Nothing like it. It's basically cooked rice in chocolate. Top it off with condensed milk, and it's a quick ticket to blood sugar heaven.
          If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

• She's getting her business up and running. I don't know how soon it'll be before she starts selling. She had it running while she was still in Virginia Beach, but then she moved out here. So, 4 years later, she's starting again. Texas seems to have some different ideas about licensing foods made at home, so she had to get a store to work out of. She's been working on a gluten-free bacon chocolate chip cookie recipe for a while. Yes, it's good.
            Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Originally posted by lssanjose View Post
              Nothing like it. It's basically cooked rice in chocolate. Top it off with condensed milk, and it's a quick ticket to blood sugar heaven.
              Wow, sounds like mango sticky rice or something, except with chocolate. Coconut and dark cacao replacement? XD

Comment

• Originally posted by Alessandra View Post
                She's getting her business up and running. I don't know how soon it'll be before she starts selling. She had it running while she was still in Virginia Beach, but then she moved out here. So, 4 years later, she's starting again. Texas seems to have some different ideas about licensing foods made at home, so she had to get a store to work out of. She's been working on a gluten-free bacon chocolate chip cookie recipe for a while. Yes, it's good.
                Oh yeah, those food laws are really annoying. I did consulting for some food startups in college, and they had quite a bit of trouble with California law and food safety =S Let me know when she does! I'd like to try that cookie, even though I didn't like cookies that much even pre-Primal, but I desperately really want to like bacon and chocolate together (the bacon chocolate I've had in the past have been too dry for my tastes). Sounds like bacon would be the perfect crunch and salty to the dark chocolate when encapsulated in a non-dry medium such as a fresh cookie.

Comment

• Okay. New goal. Drink dandelion tea every night right after eating. Then oil pull my teeth. THEN I can have chocolate if I want it.

Comment

• Woot. Last night. Fasted 21 hours, then ate a pound of fish, some eggs, and a huge yam. Dandelion tea. No oil pulling, but no chocolate either

Comment

• So....now I have a motivation to stop derping with the Primal diet and screwing around at the gym.

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                        Woot. Last night. Fasted 21 hours, then ate a pound of fish, some eggs, and a huge yam. Dandelion tea. No oil pulling, but no chocolate either
                        Nice!

Comment

• Omg so full....completely 24 hour fast, gym, and ate a pound of ground beef, some eggs, a pound of kale, and a pound of sweet potato. I looked up on slimkicker and I ate less than 1900 calories. Sooooo stuffed x_X I should do this more often!

Comment

• So I did the same thing on Thursday today. Yesterday for lunch I had some sushi, and just had a bunch of eggs and a pound of sweet potato for dinner, which kept me pretty satisfied. Calorie count for the last few days range from 1500-2000. No chocolate either. Sweet! Helps to have motivation xD

I think I'm going to tone it down with the sweet potato, though. I'm eating a total of 100-150g of carbs on workout days, and I think it might be a little much for the amount of exercise I do (stronglifts, pretty much) Going to try toning it down to the 60-80g range to see what happens.

Comment

• Weekend included strength one day and sprints another. Trying to rework my strength positioning so that it has correct form. Food was similar, except on Sunday I also had like a half pound of coconut pieces. Wheee MCTs hopefully? I did walk a bit though.

Comment

• Whoo, I think I'm finally over my "Primal adaptation" stage (which took way longer than I planned) I have no desire for snacking for the most part, and I eat pretty much once a day unless my coworkers want to have lunch. Chocolate and cheese free for 8 days so far, and feeling great and no remorse like the last time I cut them out.

On the other hand, I've been in ketosis for 4 days since I've been only eating half a pound of sweet potato after workouts each day. I'm not sure if it's better this way, or how often to do a super high carb day. I'll just wait til the weekend to decide.. xD

Comment

Working...
                                X