No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoooooo and Day 1 of my real Whole 30 begins. I'll allow butter and cream just for my coffee.

No relapses even during TTOM. Coffee should seriously be treat enough for everything.

I also ordered a bunch of BCAA through Amazon, so I should feel a lot less uneasy about training fasted and not feeding right away. I might even skip dinner now
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• I really don't understand why I had so many cravings for chocolate yesterday. Makes me want to kind of cheat and make "chocolate" out of my coco oil and cocoa and stevia.

But Days 2 and 3 went by really well! I drank chai tea at night before going to sleep. I think it may have caffeine effects on me because I couldn't get to sleep very well. Will switch over to dandelion (omg that stuff smells like Chinese herbal shop...-.-) which will probably completely kill any cravings whenever I have some of the tea. The tricky part is waiting for it to brew for 15 min.

My BCAA is coming on Friday. Can't wait!

Comment

• Maybe I'm misreading my carb cravings as food cravings? Hmmm

Comment

• OMG YAY DEADLIFT PR 235x1. Yesssssss. Hip abductor still screwed over so can't do squats though =\

I was so excited that I had to post this. Also I am having sweet potato for dinner. So excited!!!

Comment

• Holy crap, you are more of a chocoholic than I am! Fun read, though.

Comment

• Thanks! XD I mentioned to my coworker the other day that 30% of my grocery bill is in chocolate (although it's actually more like 30% of my calories for a more accurate measurement...) I found that once I've switched to the sweeter varieties (70% instead of 90%), I eat a lot less of it.

Comment

• This past Thursday I attempted some light squats because of my still-slightly-injured hip, and bench presses. I PR'd on the bench at 115x1? Although I'm pretty sure I hit this PR before I started my mass carbphobic month that prevented me from any gains. Oh well! At least I'm back up to this benchmark.

Comment

• I started doing fasts as well. This past week I've only had black coffee for breakfast and on Thursday I went to the gym on a ~20 hour fast. I think it helped me feel stronger, but my stomach started to hurt because it wasn't digesting anything LOL. I need to get used to it better. But it has definitely cut down my caloric intake and chocolate cravings, especially right before TTOM. 2/6 days I had chocolate after dinner and yesterday I also had cheese. Caloric intake varied from 1600 to 2700 (lifting days 1600 and post-lifting days 2300-2700) I also think the 150g protein every day helps, especially if I try to pack it all into one meal!

Comment

• Wow yesterday was kind of an awesome cheat day. I spent St. Patty's Day gaming with my friends LOL ~ I'm not really huge into the bar scene anyway.

I had approx 8 mile walk at the gym and to the library, so I rewarded my long exercise regime by eating lots of yummy food. I ate 6 pounds worth of tomatoes in sundried tomatoes, 1 pound of duck liver, 3 lindt chocolate bars, 6 eggs, and 1 pound of sweet potato. I am also really juiced up right now for my deadlift session at the gym. Yayyyy

Comment

• Good luck Sakura! I'm Chinese so I know what food you're eating when you list haw flakes or moonseed cakes (they're traditional comfort food lol). ;D
                      You sound like quite an athlete too. I think I'd feel like a weak pea standing next to you...

Comment

• No worries, I bet you are pretty strong too I do it because I want to be useful in dragon boat - I'm sure you've heard of the sport? ;P

Comment

• Of course! My friend does dragon boat racing too! Do you have to workout one arm more in particular just to balance the strength of the other arm? :P

Comment

• Lmao, sadly that doesn't happen. It's more of a core activity, so if anything gets bigger/stronger, it's my abs, back and shoulder. D'oh haha. Lifting weights does help to balance it outside of water training, though. It just sucks when I do situps and I start leaning to one side because one oblique is stronger than the other XD

Comment

• I too have a chocolate fettish. I didn't always used to be this way. When I was younger, the smell of chocolate would make me sick. Then, then I got pregnant with Gabi. That was it, I was all over chocolate. I haven't turned back since then, but I have found solace in darker chocolates. Since my mom is about to open up her own chocolate business, there never seems to be a shortage of new ideas to taste test for her. She mostly does dark chocolate truffles that are sooooooooo dang delicious!
                              Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Wow, I'm so jealous! I'd love to be a taste tester if your mom needs a 3rd opinion. ;P

Comment

Working...
                                X