The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey there, howsit going?

Yanno, I just bought some coconut manna from whole foods, which I'm assuming is
    akin to your coconut butter, and I was NOT impressed. I was expecting it to be..... um,
    well, I don't know, just different from what it was.

Maybe more of a peanut butter consistency and sweeter, though there's no sugar added.

I don't really like it, so, not sure what I'm going to do with it. Maybe MIX it with some
    peanut butter, or add it to smoothies. Dunno.

So tonight is the night for Scotch eggs, yes? Sounds like good times. I'm not much of
    an experimenter (or chef for that matter), so I'll live vicariously through you.

Oh, as an aside, I porked down the rest of my chocolate chips on Saturday night. I think it was like
    a cup and a half of them! Gah! Actually finally felt a little gross after eating them, but by golly, I HAD
    to get rid of them.

So, chip free since then and have been replacing them with Hot Tangerines (hot = stolen) from the neighbors,
    and let me tell you how, even though the tangerines are absolutely EPIC in flavor, I do not want to overeat them. HAR!

Today was the first day in a long time that I didn't wake up a raving lunatic BITCH, am in a great mood and lots of energy.

Wow, real food works.

How's the wrist feeling lately? Still owned?

Muscles succumbing to less glycogen yet?

Julie

p.s. oh, you wouldn't have to read to a new baby puppy or anything. I just did
    that with our kitten because it was feral, never had seen people and was scared
    as hell when we finally caught it. Just wanted it to get used to my voice at first
    and not me reaching out trying to pet it. Sweet baby kitten. Was about the size
    of your hand, 5oz. Now Porko is up to 5lbs!

Comment

• Oh, is coconut manna basically smooth like coconut cream but firmer, and white compared to coconut oil? Like mayo?

Yes, scotch eggs...were too good. I ate them ALL. 20 quail eggs and 1lb grass fed beef LOL. My tummy is happy though. I ate way too much today. I think maybe close to 3000 calories in fat and protein (and some spinach and onion) WTF. At least carbs are under 50....

Meh, just don't go buying more chocolate. Never justify buying more. EVAR! D: But that's great that you have lots of energy without those chocolate chips! Keep it up for at least a month and you'll definitely be reaping the benefits! (now to just practice what I preach...XD)

My wrist feels okay, but my abs are still uber sore! Even though I kind of stretch every day. Meh. We'll see tomorrow at the gym how I do. Will keep you posted!

And I meant that I am the type to probably do that to my dog if I get one, just because I'm weird and treat animals like kids LOL. =

Good night!!
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• I've never had coconut cream before, so I'm not sure, but it *is* firm, and white, and it's not exactly
        gritty, but bordering on it.

Hard to explain.

Today is day 7 of no chocolate, I can't even believe it.

Now, that doesn't mean that I didn't get into the kids' frosted flakes last night because I
        NEEDED something sweet... I did... but I certainly didn't plow through 800 calories of them.

It's nice not having the chips in the house. And I *do* have some 90% Lindt, in case I need the
        chocolate flavor hit, but I haven't opened it yet.

It'll be interesting to weigh on Monday to see if the absence of chocolate chips has done anything.

If it really is all about calories in/calories out, without the chips, I probably should be down two pounds,
        but we'll see.....

So, my right eyeball totally got owned by my lying chest flys on Thursday.

I was only using two 20lb dumbbells too, which is 5lbs less than normal, felt something in my eye,
        got up,looked in the mirror, and I'd broken a blood vessel and it was NASTY.

I got all creeped out and just went home.

Now it's morphed into just about my ENTIRE eye and I look like something from a zombie movie.

Totally lame, totally ugly, and I blame you completely.

Okay, not really. Hi.

What did you do for your abs that made them so sore?

Details!

Comment

• Hm, that's interesting. Maybe it is like coconut oil but still retains some of the carbohydrates from regular coconut? That's all I can think of to explain what it is.

And NICE on the no chocolates ! I am back to day 1...but after going to nerdfitness forums for a little advice from the younger crowd (no offense, most of the people on MDA are kind of double my age XD), I am committing to the Whole 30 (minus the days when my coworkers absolutely pressure me to go out to eat with them). I don't think this "as many fats as you want" is working for me, because I just eat close to 3,000 calories a day, at least 250g of it being fat, and I always end up feeling really sick, or craving protein (sometimes I default to carbs because I ate all the protein o.O)

How often do you weigh yourself? My boarder has a bathroom scale but I"m scared to death of weighing myself, so I am trying not to until the beginning of any month haha.

And oh, man that really sucks about your eye! Use raw meat to help heal? (and eat it after) I don't know if that works, actually, but I bet some aloe or oil will probably help?

I did a mini WOD that I haven't done in forever. I've been slacking on my sprint exercises and have been only doing them once, or twice max a month. This one was, with minimal rest, 50 dumbbell snatches (30lbs), 50 bicycle crunches, 50 pushups, 50 box jumps, and 50 russian twists. My goodness, my obliques were sore for 4 full days. And my legs were fine. Ab fail. Especially when (or if) I start my sports season again because dragon boat uses a lot of abs/back D:

Thinking about moving my workouts to the morning so that I'll have a really great posture for the rest of the day and not having to deal with being tired yet still pressured to go to the gym. Wake up at 6. Prepare and drink bulletproof coffee. Go to gym and arrive at 7. Do 2 heavy barbell lifts or 1 10-20 min WOD. Foam roller/stretch 10 min. Shower. Hopefully get to work by 8 or 8:30. After work I can choose to or not to eat/cook dinner and not feel pressured to eat obscene amounts of protein after a workout. Brush teeth. Play games until 8 or 9. Read for 1 hour. Sleep.

Man, I am pretty addicted to bulletproof coffee now D: I bothered a bunch of HR people at a bunch of coffee companies to find a good one. The recent one I found, Goshen, arrived last week and I have been LOVING it. Mmmm...

Comment

• Also I've noticed that I didn't eat fish for the last 3 weeks and have been supplementing omega-3s from time to time. I think that contributed to my unusually downhill outlook most days and need for stuffing my face in depression once I got home from work. I ate some smoked salmon last night and today I was instantly rejuvenated. Learned my lesson...

Comment

• As you know, I changed my workout schedule. Yesterday I did ohp and deadlifts in the morning before time ran out. ohp still at 65lbs, although i went for a jerk with a 75lber... Deadlifts were pretty weak, at 205lbsx2. But I also need to regrow my calluses so that I can grip better, because I'm pretty sure I still have the strength.

Comment

• Ate a purple sweet potato today and HOLY MOLY I STOPPED MUNCHING/SCAVANGING around the kitchen for bites to eat. I'm gonna do this every week

Also I'm back in the cheese habit now -.- Lose one (chocolate) and gain another. I've been eating machengo cheese only, and so far I've gotten a little fuzzy-throated and heartburn (I'm assuming cheese is too basic for my system). I'm not entirely sure if it's the machengo, though, since I went to my friend's house this weekend and ate her grandparent's cooked food that included wheat and vegetable oil. And I caved in and bought a bunch of regular chicken eggs (unpastured) and I'm not sure if it's weird crap in the fats.

Comment

• Yes! Really excited about the 30 day challenge. I will be focusing on three main things during this challenge:

Comment

• Last night I had a purple sweet potato for my strength training this morning in addition to my half stick of butter mixed with tea as snacks after dinner. I did a brief warmup of overhead squats, then did squats: 145x1x5, 185x1x1, 145x2x5; bench: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 105x1x3, 95x1x5, 95x1x4; back extensions x30. I am now really really realizing that my squats are cheating; I don't even go all the way to 90 degrees because when I go really low on the 145lbs, my hips are crying. On the 185 lbs, it was more like 110 degrees at best. Going to work on that flexibility.

Lolol I also just found out that spinach has pure glucose. Like 100mg per 30g raw serving. No wonder Popeye was so jacked up. XD

Comment

• omg I want to order the US Wellness Meats pet burger so bad. Gahhhhhh....

Comment

• Last night went to a hot pot and had some light soy sauce (still with wheat...:\) and stuff in the broth that I didn't know about. Gorged on mushrooms and pea shoots and seaweed, with a bit of lamb and chicken and shrimp thrown in.

I've been bloated for the past 4 weeks and I don't know why. I can't seem to kick this inflammation on my body. Maybe I need to make more ghee from butter...my bulletproof coffee every morning makes me instantly congested for a while. As well as small tastes of my butter pats.

Deadlifted yesterday. 205x2x1 Did some ohp with 15lbs and started to use some hip action when not doable.

Comment

• Last night I had a lot of black rice vinegar. It's been a while. I used to have like half a cup of that sip by sip/lick by lick when I was younger. It was so tasty

Also just bought a 40lb order of pet burger. It'll get shipped next week; I'm really excited
                          Last edited by sakura_girl; 02-08-2012, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Did uber uber ass to the grass squats yesterday. Could only manage 95x3x5 after hitting 185x1x2 with about 100degrees. Getting there, kind of. Otherwise my slightly less than 90 degree squat is still at 135x1x5, which is a good sign. Bench press was 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 105x1x3, 95x1x5, 95x1x4. Ehhhh was hoping for better, but I"ll take it. I think the sweet potatoes I ate for lunch helped overall (aww yeah, 80+g of glucose)

So, so excited for pet burgers. Really. I wanted to increase my fat intake somehow without needing to add a crapload of coconut oil or butter to the pan, and the 65% meat is the perfect solution. I ordered at 11am on a Wed, though, so I'll have to wait until next Monday for it to ship

Comment

• Sprints are entirely lacking. I'm upping my game now since my sport is going to start soon. More crossfit-style masochistic workouts every day (except 1-2 rest days) and I anticipate getting back into it after 2 weeks. Right now my pushups and pullups suck ass.

Comment

• OH NO HERE COME THE PERIOD CRAVINGS (((

I feel like a bottomless pit. I ate probably 200g fat and 200g protein in grass-fed beef for dinner (including about a pound of cooked green leaf veggies) and I am STILL foraging...I even ate a banana to see if it was a glucose hunger that I needed to quench, but I'm still "hungry"

Comment

Working...
                                X