No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow, that is ambitious, cause #6 is definitely the very last one I am going to do. I would do well to stop when I am full! 80% is a long way off unfortunately.

Drinking water before dinner sounds like it could be helpful. I have been drinking a lot of tea, and I drink the Double Green Matcha while I am making dinner, it helps a lot to keep me from scavenging during that time.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It really seems to help (I've done it off and on for the past 2 weeks). Even though I drink a lot of fluids during the day, sometimes I need the reminder before I eat. Thanks for posting the list again. I'm going to give this 1 habit/14 days a while. Certainly can't hurt
      -- Ruth

Comment

• It is likely that I need more than 14 days until I can add another one, I don't want to lose one to add one!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Amen to that! Like you, even something as simple as my daily supplements (which isn't all that much) can be challenging!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I do not plan on going on fish oil again.. so that may be one I skip. I always take my meds though.. I got an AM routine
            Last edited by athomeontherange; 05-04-2012, 11:31 AM. Reason: brain goes fast than my typing
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I take 2,000 iu of D3 and a Multi in the morning, then my Asacol, 2,000 iu of D3, the other multi (it is a 2 pill dose), and a scant tsp of fish oil at night. But I am horrible about remembering both. So far so good.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I quit all sup's. I was feeling nauseous all the time.
                Karin

Comment

• yeah, I sort of did too, mostly lazy though. I take the morning ones with my smoothie, and the evening ones with dinner. I can't take iron though, and I think splitting the dose for the multi and the D3 helps a lot. The fish oil is a little less than half a dose. I generally eat fish for lunch most days and a whole dose was not good on the intestines, but this dose has no effect so far.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• So I still correspond with Matt, one of the authors of SPEED. We have been talking lately about how working to shift my focus toward fun things in my life will allow the focus on fat loss to diminish and as a consequence likely help with the fat loss.

So I am working on that. I have spent the past 2 weeks making flowers out of paper. We have a Youth Senior Day tomorrow. There is a banquet. They insist on having the banquet on the basketball court side of the fellowship hall (essentially a cafe-a-gym-a-torium). That side of the hall has a stage, a screen, a light and sound system, etc. so that they can do all sorts of fancy things for the Sunday night casual service they hold there.

But this was a small class, and only about 60 people will attend the banquet. Plus it is a cavernous space. Trying to help people to forget it is a basketball court will take a lot of stuff.

So we have over 100 giant tissue flowers to decorate the buffet line area, and 3 crepe paper roses -one for each of the graduates. The roses are 12" across, made with double sided crepe, they are amazing even if I do say so myself.

There are a dozen tables, they are covered with a shimmery organza cloth over the paper one. In the center of each there will be a round mirror. On the mirror we are putting 5 to 7 glass containers of various heights. These are different heights because my fellow volunteer and I swept the goodwills, etc. for glasses and candlesticks and have glued them together (glasses on top of candlesticks) to create elegant candle holders.

Inside at least one of these on each table we are going to float laminated photographs of the youth, and there will be floating candles in every one of the glasses at each table. (don't want to have to use the overhead lights.

We have been planning this, collecting the necessary stuff for at least a month. Today is the day we put it together, tomorrow is the day of the banquet.

Monday I pick up DD from college.

Busy weekend, totally NOT focused on weight issues!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• The flowers sound fantastic. We need a picture

I like your approach. Yesterday, I focused on everything but weight issues. It was a wonderful day.

I like the new quote in your signature...
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I am technically challenged and have not figured out how to get photos onto this forum, unless they just happen to be small enough. I will give it another shot though.

I am trying to change the quote regularly, keep it long enough to get it ingrained into my brain but not so long that I don't notice it anymore.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• You are so very talented Chris. I get some neat ideas from your descriptions of decorating your home and other venues.

Photos: You can attach them, but it takes a while for them to be approved or you can upload them to a free photo site like picasa.

Click "link to photo",pick the size you want and then copy and paste the "url" here. The last step is to surround the "url" with
                          [img]url[/img]. Every pic in my journal is linked that way. The only problem is if I remove them from the photo site, they will disappear here.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Gotta love tissue paper! Cheap and makes a big impact. I made tissue paper flowers a couple years ago for a party and then last year made more fussy ones for a kids playdate. They were a hit both times. They also make a great luau decoration on the cheap. Your decorations sound beautiful - it would be wonderful to see a pic, but your description was wonderfully detailed. Have fun - enjoy your creative gifts!

Comment

• I am home, 6 hours later, but it looks very nice. I will take photos tomorrow when the lighting is right. We had exactly as many glasses as I needed. If anyone is on Pinterest, I will definitely up load my photos onto my board there. The ideas are on there in my boards as well.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• WOW.. sounds like fun and sounds like it all went well. Matt emailed me a couple weeks ago.. I have not emailed back though.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X