Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That sound like a great set of goals.

I tried to make the goals things I had control over, as opposed to say losing 10 pounds a month type things. I am close enough on all of them that while the first 30 days may not see a massive weight loss, I will be able to reasonably accomplish all of those things for that period of time.

Thanks for all your support guys, I truly appreciate it.

p.s. the bed is amazing! And he didn't snore last night, yeah! But, every time I bump the toe it wakes me up. If it isn't one thing it is another! But that is ok, I've got this.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well, this should be an interesting experiment. In order to keep the closet that the beer is living in at the right temp, dh is keeping the house at 68 degrees, 24/7. That is our sleeping temperature. but it is very cold for day time! Can't wait to see if trying to keep warm will...1. get me moving more or 2. increase my metabolism either of these resulting in a weight loss! I think it has to stay for at least 3 weeks, maybe 6!

Geez, when I read the stuff I write about my husband he seems like a kook! He is actually a very stable, kind of nerdy, (a tad insensitive-and I totally blame his parents for this), totally well meaning, college prof.
      Last edited by demuralist; 03-12-2012, 08:21 AM. Reason: clarify
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Chris, You will love this. I told my chiro the whole story today (full report in my journal). He wants me to eat more and a larger variety of vegetables including at least 2 servings of starchy veg/day. I plan to eat 1/2 a sweet potato daily probably with dinner with meat and a salad. For lunch I will aim for 1 serving of mixed veg plus one serving of starchy veg. I should his 9 no problem.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Feels good to be verified. Make sure you weigh or measure the starchy ones, a serving is not as big as most of us think, and if you know exactly how much you are eating (and I assume you will be tracking) you will have quality information should it need to be changed or if it works. Gosh, hope that is all it will take!
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• I need to break the habit of eating while cooking. Tasting is one thing, but I tend to nibble, a piece of cheese here, a few walnuts there, that kind of thing. The kind of things that a nibble really adds up quickly. Today I will try to concentrate on drinking while cooking. Make a nice cup of tea and sip on it.

Really it is about putting things in my mouth on a sort of automatic cue.

Holding on to the new goals until Spring Break. Although I am going to my parents home for break and I rarely have a problem staying on task there. They are supportive and it is the beach.

Oops, got an appointment with a treadmill....
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Yesterday was a fantastic day! I stuck to all of my goals and I lost 2.2 pounds! I actually did not get around to tracking dinner for yesterday so I don't even know if I came within the goals I have set there or not, go figure.

I got to spend several hours outside.

The weather was beautiful if a tad hot, so I planted some succulents in the urns at my front door, some 'Grace Ward' in the rock garden and mowed the lawn. I had over 12,000 steps yesterday!

The treadmill beckons...
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• 12,000 steps! That's wonderful. Glad you had such a great day. Sometimes it just all comes together.

Comment

• Oh lucky you, going to the beach for break. It should be beautiful here in NY too! Gonna get some home projects started.
                  Congrats on the loss and sticking to the goals.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Well, I am at a loss (for words), I am down another 1.8 pounds (that is 4.6 in 2 days). the baffling part is that yesterday I was hungry all day. So I snacked. I had both walnuts and almonds (raw, unsalted, and 1/4C of each) as an afternoon snack, and then in the evening I had a celery stalk with PB, a sprinkling of chopped pecans, and a bit of berry preserves.

the nuts were within my daily allowances but the celery combo was not.

I did listen to my body, and I did eat exactly what I wanted, I did enjoy it (with a tinge of guilt), and I did stop when I was no longer hungry. I did not put the snacks on a plate, need to do that as it makes it easier to "know" that I ate. Of course then I also get into the need to finish everything on my plate issue which messes with the stop when I am no longer hungry goal.

Did yard work again yesterday. I was supposed to set up bulletin boards for my friend (she is the manager at a swim and tennis club, the bulletin boards for the tennis part need to be upgraded as they currently look like a kindergarten classroom, so I pad them and put a nice fabric on them-she pays me). Anyway, the sun was out, my yard needs me desperately, and I was not in the mood to deal with a bunch of hoity toity snoots in their matching tennis outfits looking down on me because I am the hired help. There are a few who are quite lovely obviously, but it only takes one to spoil the bunch.

So I ended up with lots of vitamin D and 11,185 steps.

The house was too hot for quality sleep. This sentence kills me, because I lived in Florida before central heat and air. We had a window A/C in the living room, and my parents had one in their bedroom. At night we powdered our sheets so we wouldn't stick to them! We did have a pool, so often we would take a dip just before bed. I don't remember having trouble sleeping though.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Maybe your body saw it as a carb refeed. You could do that once every week or two to switch things up a bit?
                      Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• yeah for the loss. Take it and run! Perhaps Paula is right, a little carb feeding then back to the regularly scheduled broadcast

I never heard of powdering the sheets.. sounds like a good idea! I am trying not to turn on the AC until absolutely necessary.. I might have to start opening a window to sleep. I agree its getting warm..
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I think that is the advantage of listening to your body, wish I was better at it! I am sure there are days I need more-more calories, more carbs, more fat, more protein-it has to be different day to day. Being able to tune in to what it needs is what I think will be essential to life long maintenance.

My totals for yesterday were...1997 Calories (that is 497 over target), 95 carbs (20 over target, but still under 100-I would have guessed I was way over and this is why I track!), 116g of fat (33g over target), 114g of protein (that is 1g over what I have currently set as my target), and 27g of fiber (I feel best when I get between 25 and 30 so this is spot on).

Given my weight (252.8 this morning) and that I have doubled my steps in the past couple of weeks, these numbers may be closer to what I need to be eating to be able to lose without feeling like I am starving? We shall see.

We have the A/C on during the day, but he has been putting the heat on at night so that his beer 'wort' can stay at the right temperature! I have moved a box fan up to my side of the bed for tonight!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Heehee. I had to laugh over your competing 'plate issues'.
                            Just remember, that weight loss may have nothing to do with yesterday. It might be from something three days ago, that just kicked in, or your gradual efforts over the past two weeks. Bodies aren't always instant feedback machines. Much as we would like them to be. I think we would be much quicker learners if as soon as we ate the cake, a two-pound lump showed up on our thighs.
                            Good job on the stepping. Seems like you have really picked it up over the last week.

Comment

• My mom used to say she would probably be better off just smearing the cake on her thighs, she knew that is where it would end up anyway, then she would know what it was that made her thighs so soft and she could just wash it off.

You are right though, a huge part of my 'problem' is that I don't get instant gratification for days that I think I have done really well, and often don't get an instant consequence for those times when I am less than good. Really, I feel certain that if someone told me this is exactly what I need to eat to lose, no matter what it was, if it was guaranteed it would be doable.

The problem with SAD is not just that you are hungry most of the time, and low energy often, but that you don't always get results. At least with primal I feel better and rarely feel really hungry.

The steps seem to spiral, once I get moving it sort of snow balls.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I find it funny that your sleep is suffering for something called beer "wort".
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X