No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wt this morning 256.6 down .2. Never did get fluid in yesterday, still TOM still feel really puffy.

OMG! I like that mine was excited about something and wanted to share with me, I am not sure I would have had the same attitude if I got woken up 3 times in one night.

DH had a long talk with DD yesterday. He is less emotional and conversationally quicker on his feet when in a disagreement, especially when he knows what is coming (ie. the apartment issue with DD). So they got it worked out. For now. Other good news...she got into the Anthropology Honors Society (whatever that means, but she was excited) and she got a job, non-paying, but very important for her chosen career. It is a position that usually only seniors and the occasional junior even get considered for, and she is a freshman. So hopefully for now we have no more discussions about the apartment and getting a job.

Anyway, today I am working on getting my protein in, shifting away from quite so much fat.

I decided that tracking is important to me because a few years ago, in my first foray away from SAD, I did the Gabriel Method. There was a strong emphasis on fresh, local, lots of raw, but also working on listening to the body, not tracking not weighing in etc. Well I ended up losing something like 30 pounds in probably 3 months. Then it stopped. But since I didn't track I could not go back and see what was working for me and what wasn't and I never could get back to that success. Now it could be argued that it was all about listening to my body, and that is a good thing, but what was I eating, I have no clue and no way to get that information back. that drives me crazy. So I weigh every day and I track, it is information that once I miss it I can't get back.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh yes the tracking does so much: validating successes, patterns, weaknesses, and not to mention just a record of what worked!!

Anthropology is cool!! Awesome for your daughter!! and way to go hubs in the communication with the dd.

drink up!!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• She wants to do forensics (eww), personally I think she should teach, get the Phd, the whole shabang. So the job is at the Body Farm (eww).

WT 254.6 down 2, that is a new low, finally! So hopefully I am on the downward trend now.

We have company coming for dinner and cards. Think I will skip the alcohol tonight, would really like to not rock the boat nutritionally. Maybe just a small glass of red wine so I won't seem anti-social.

Food is not an issue, we usually just do salad and maybe bread (which I don't eat), I will probably brown some ground meat with some fresh salsa and make it a taco salad. We just do coffee instead of dessert unless we are celebrating a birthday (which we are not). The point of the gathering is to play cards, and chat. Food is low on the priority ranking!

So I made homemade Almond Milk, basically soaked a cup of raw almonds in the blender with about 4C of filtered water, turned the blender on this morning for a good minute, and strain through cheesecloth. That last part is still going on. I just made my smoothie with what was left in the blender and added some water to equal 2C. To that I added 2 scoops of Jay Robb strawberry (turns out it is the least favorite of the flavors, but not bad), 2T of the Great lakes beef gelatin, a couple of ice cubes, and a squirt of stevia. Gonna have to work on this as the gelatin did not totally dissolve. Maybe I should let it sit in the blender for a few minutes then turn it on?

Nothing exciting today, grocery store and housekeeping.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Congrats on the new low!!!!

I thought I might buy some unsweetened whey protein, then changed my mind. It just seemed like too much hassle and I would have to add fruit to make it tasty. So my new goal is to get 118g of protein from meat and eggs. Not an easy thing, but I am working on it.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Down 2 is awesome!!! Whoop! So what are you doing with the stuff strained from the almond milk.. the solid. I have seen people use it in like meatloaf, and other items.
            Karin

Comment

• I have not figured that out yet. Thinking I will just freeze it for now. Keep it for one of those rare occasions where I need almond flour for something. I may have to find a recipe that DD can use (some kind of cookie or something).

Yeah, smoothies without fruit are a tricky proposition. But I do put the unflavored in other things, but mostly in those things I make for DH and am trying to decrease the flours and increase the protein in. I am still not at a stage where I am totally able to give up the stevia. I have cut way back, and am very close to not sweetening my teas, but smoothies are a different thing altogether.

Paula, do you do fish or chicken? I have been putting a can of tuna in a half serving of my beef and cabbage soup and that is actually pretty good and increases the protein content by quite a bit.

Why don't you do bone broth?
              Last edited by demuralist; 01-28-2012, 09:59 AM. Reason: clarify
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I eat a wide variety of meats. I changed out my bacon for fresh ham. I usually have tuna or chicken for lunch. Tonight Bill is cooking a 2 inch steak.

I do not like to cook so I have to work my way into things like bone broth. I have to see the need for it first before I will put in the time and effort to get the bones cook them for days etc. Sorry, it's just the way I am. My life is pretty chaotic and I feel as if I do everything except cook. Now if Bill wants to do it than I'm all for it.

HMMM I sense a bad attitude where my husband is concerned.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• One of the reasons I went ahead and did the bone broth is that I literally just put the bones in the crock pot cover with water and put a splash of ACV, lid, low 2days later put through colander. It has 22g of protein in a cup, I also read that you can add the powdered unflavored beef gelatin to it and for just a few extra calories get more protein. I have not done this yet, but plan to. I want to slightly thicken my soup, so I am going to try it. But, during the cold weather, a cup of warm broth next to a tuna lunch could be quite nice. I still have marrow left from last time and will likely not take the time to scrape it out this time. too bad I don't have a dog. Actually my grandmother would have used this mixed with who knows what else to feed the other animals-lambs, pigs, goats, whatever was on hand.

I totally understand though, we can't do everything, must pick and choose which efforts are worth it to us. But making a 2" steak sounds like it should help the attitude a little bit?
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    One of the reasons I went ahead and did the bone broth is that I literally just put the bones in the crock pot cover with water and put a splash of ACV, lid, low 2days later put through colander. It has 22g of protein in a cup, I also read that you can add the powdered unflavored beef gelatin to it and for just a few extra calories get more protein. I have not done this yet, but plan to. I want to slightly thicken my soup, so I am going to try it. But, during the cold weather, a cup of warm broth next to a tuna lunch could be quite nice. I still have marrow left from last time and will likely not take the time to scrape it out this time. too bad I don't have a dog. Actually my grandmother would have used this mixed with who knows what else to feed the other animals-lambs, pigs, goats, whatever was on hand.

I totally understand though, we can't do everything, must pick and choose which efforts are worth it to us. But making a 2" steak sounds like it should help the attitude a little bit?
                    Brilliant!! Where do you get the unflavored beef gelatin?? That would thicken my soups the way I like them I think. Oh my... thinking thinking..
                    Karin

Comment

• http://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-Un...=1VM5O505M7N3B

make sure you get their beef as it is the only one they flat out say is "grass-fed". I put it in my smoothie this morning, no flavor- no smell, but I gotta figure out how to get it to be dissolved in the smoothie, I had little soft granules in the bottom, not bad but would have been better if they had dissolved and thickened my smoothie.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• What about sodium??
                        Karin

Comment

• Wow, that is a lot of protein. Might be worth a try.

Yes, the steak should be good.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• In the beef gelatin....1T is 25 calories, there are 64T in one 16oz container. 20mg of sodium and 6g of protein.

In the bone broth, it is about 200 calories, 10g of fat, 39mg of sodium, 444mg of potassium, and 22g of protein for 1C.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Karin, I found this recipe for the almond meal the results from making the almond milk, I may have to give it a try, with slight variations.Almond Pulp Crackers | Vegan Almond Pulp Cracker Recipe | Elana's Pantry
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                In the beef gelatin....1T is 25 calories, there are 64T in one 16oz container. 20mg of sodium and 6g of protein.

In the bone broth, it is about 200 calories, 10g of fat, 39mg of sodium, 444mg of potassium, and 22g of protein for 1C.
                                these are some impressive stats!! note to self, note to self!!
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X