No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put a link (well address to cut and paste) in our support group, that takes you to my Spark People photo page.

Don't worry about the mail, truly.

I don't generally sell them, but for a friend, if you sent me a photo I could give it a whirl once I get my studio back in order, hopefully by summer, just cover the cost of the canvas, and shipping, and I would be good with that. It would give me something to paint again.

Even at my heaviest, I hold the hourglass figure. I think it is why is was so easy to ignore the gain, I still hold a decent shape. Thanks. I tell everyone that you can't get everything. the hair was my trade off for my porky thighs, every one gets something great. I agree that the family is beautiful, but I am partial!

Karin, so sorry about your unfortunate wake up.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post

Karin, so sorry about your unfortunate wake up.
      hahahaahah good thing I like him
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• So I am suppose to have a bucket load of protien, and I just dont see how I can get there! Seems like I had a ton yesterday and it was only 88 gms....any tips for high protien counts when I am trying to keep cals down....without protien powder.
        Redflame
        Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
        Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
        Goal of Significant Weight Loss
        15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redflame View Post
          So I am suppose to have a bucket load of protien, and I just dont see how I can get there! Seems like I had a ton yesterday and it was only 88 gms....any tips for high protien counts when I am trying to keep cals down....without protien powder.
          thats tough. Salmon is a great source. I even tried mackeral for the first time last night. Not bad. Maybe lean beef?? There is egg white protein powder if you do not do dairy so much. However, if you are set against using it, I would stick with fish.
          Karin

Comment

• I have a hard time getting there without whey. Think I am going to calculate my at goal protein needs and use those. Ie feed the skinny person inside. Lol
            Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-26-2012, 11:37 AM.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• yes.. roy robb (is that the dudes name?) makes it. There are other brands as well though.
              Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                hahahaahah good thing I like him
                mmmmm? really? tell me more.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• rats, ordered the Jay Robb on line and then went to Kroger to pick up some for the interim and it was on sale and cheaper than the cheapest internet price.

I can't get there without the protein powder, partially because I don't like food for breakfast.

However, the best low cal sources I have found...Trader Joes has a canned salmon 39g for 180 calories, canned tuna 26g for 120 calories, chicken breast, fish in general, Laura's Lean ground beef (pricey but great source), lean beef in general, probably homemade beef jerky, and I just found out that homemade bone broth has 22g for a cup and that is pretty much pure protein, for like 200 calories.

p.s. Paula, I have tried that in the past but I think the stats are too low for me for right now. I can get to 150g, if I stay conscious of what I am doing.
                  Last edited by demuralist; 01-26-2012, 12:40 PM. Reason: add p.s.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I did the goal numbers for informational purposes. My current protein intake should be 140. My goal intake is 118. So I should never have less than 118g of protein. I have been getting around 100g.

My BMR with light activity at goal (174) is 2613 cals to maintain. If I ever get to goal, I couldn't imagine eating that much.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

mmmmm? really? tell me more.
                      I was thinking the same thing..........Karin likes a boy...Karin likes a boy.......
                      OK I expended my sillyness factor for the day!
                      Redflame

Comment

• Well my numbers for yesterday had tuna in it already.....shoot, was hoping you would mention something that would make me go AHHH HHHAAAAA, thats right, thats the perfect protien source. Of course my brain immediatly thinks of cottage cheese, but I dont think I want to add too much dairy in....will keep plugging away at the numbers.
                        Redflame

Comment

• Originally posted by Redflame View Post
                          I was thinking the same thing..........Karin likes a boy...Karin likes a boy.......
                          OK I expended my sillyness factor for the day!
                          Karin

Comment

• ooom you mysterious woman you!

Redflame, we have all been having trouble with this I think. I actually think if you get away from the typical breakfast fare and think more about leftovers for breakfast you have a better chance. Take what ever your numbers are supposed to be and divide them up into the meals that you eat so it won't seem so daunting.

Paula, my goal is (currently) 160, so BMR for that is 1400, moderately active gives me 2,180 calories, and basically 109g of protein.

So basically watching what I eat for the rest of my life. I had already sort of figured that. I have to be under 160 not to be considered "overweight" on the BMI scale. Which I don't put much stock in, but I fear that soon insurance companies are going to use that for premium purposes, since that is what looks like the direction we are headed in.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I usually have 3 eggs and a burger patty for breakfast unless I do salmon and eggs. I also love soup for breakfast - so warm and satisfying! I go for protien first and add veges around it and try to add CO whenever possible. I don't log or really keep track much though. I figure that if i can go to lunch w/o hunger then I must have had enough protien for breakfast. While I can skip lunch, I usually eat something so that I don't end up really hungry and eating dinner at 4PM

Comment

On the one hand I wanted to smack her cause she woke me up.
                                I can relate.. Daughter 2 sent me a text between 11:30-12 last night.I was asleep but woke up enough to read it and realize it wasn't an emergency. I had just fallen back to sleep when, less than an hour later, she calls to see if I read her text. We talked for about 20 minutes.

It takes me about another hour to get back to sleep.At 3:08am I get a text from my son apologizing for not returning my call and saying he will call later. Sleep was hit and miss after that and I had to force myself to get up at my regular workout time.

Comment

Working...
                                X