No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, well I will give it a try, next time I go to a store that sells it bottled. fun, my own brewing process.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thats the spirit.. this way you brew together!!

I got it at the health food store.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• My BFF's hubby is going to help him. Which is great, because he is a great guy and this will give him and my DH more to chat about. So I don't have to consider it "our" hobby anymore and I can look for those dance classes again!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• oh, by the by, I forgot to mention...I did my EM's today! I forgot yesterday so I did them today! That is 3 weeks in a row.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• I am not sure I totally agree with the Eades on the fat issue and it has not been my N=1 experience either. There is some research that a higher level of fat is needed while eating low carb, low calorie. I have always eaten at least 60% of my calories in fat. Even Paleobird agrees with that. She just doesn't like that people add more fat indesriminately. I think the speed formula really does help us a lot. 1) find protein level, 2) subtract those calories from target 3) Decide how many carbs 4) subtract carbs 5) Make up leftover cals in fat. The danger comes in when we try something like BPC, that can add a lot of fat, without taking away something elsewhere. Maybe calories could be moved from somewhere else in the day to put it in BPC? For example, I started drinking all of my other coffees black so that I could have the BPC in the AM.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yeah, I don't totally agree with Eades on the fat issue either.

I did drop the fat in the BPC and still find it satisfying. I only use 1T each of the coconut oil and kerrygold. I use 1/3 C of coconut milk (which happens to be light, but only because it is Trader Joes, cheap, easy to get, and only has coconut milk and water as ingredients) and 1T HWC to mix my protein powder in. Then I mix all that together. I would give it up, or give up my other cup of coffee, if I had to drink it black!

Thing is lately, I was getting down close to only half of the "prescribed" protein level. If I go back to my Jay Robb for breakfast that gets me back up to 50g then, I can then easily hit 50g at each lunch and dinner if I am paying attention to what I am doing. That puts me at 150, which is still lower than what I am supposed to get, but much closer.

I have stopped adding the fat for the most part (except for the breakfast drink), or at least cut way back when I do cook with it. For example, now I spread a thin smear of coconut oil on a cookie sheet to roast my veggies instead of tossing them in oil, 1 measured tablespoon to 'fry' my fish or chicken instead of a scoop. I also have switched to leaner meats and whenever possible grass fed.

I keep my carbs between 20 and 30 most days, with occasional bumps up. All from non-starchy veggies.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Yes I agree, I have started measuring my fats like Co milk in my coffee. I need to get ghee before I can do BPC though I think Kerrygold is fine. Heck maybe I'll just do KG. I'm not doing whole 30 for 30 days anyway, I just moved closer to Paleo. I personally believe really high quality butter is fine and had nothing to do with my binges.

My protein dropped significantly when I stopped the AM whey protein as well, but I feel fine. I never felt the no binge benefit of the 50g in the AM. I am supposed to get 135g ish and I probably get 100g most days.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am so bummed we can not get Kerry Gold here!!! I am watching the fat only because it is so easy to go over!!
                  Karin

Comment

• You guys are more talented than me. I cannot get the fat and protein right. I have too much of one or the other. I'm envious though...I do better with more protein than fat (fat isn't as satisfying to me as it seems to be to the rest of the world...which doesn't mean that I don't eat it, just that PBC alone - without protein - doesn't hold me the way it does for everyone else). I've always been different.

I'm generally dairy intolerant, but I can do some KG butter!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• oh no, you must have misread. The reason I was able to reach my goals is that I kept slowly changing them until what I was aiming for was what I was getting. And it was not enough protein. So I am now going to reenter my goals and shoot for them. Increasing my protein, and cutting way back on added fats. The BPC alone worked fine as far as holding me is concerned, just didn't do anything for the weight loss. I do better with my weight when my protein is closer to 150g (it is supposed to be 168g I think). But I had let it slip down into the 80's and 90's to be able to do the BPC and then just sort of left it there.

I am going to go ahead and order the protein powder I was using. It is $2.75 a day vs. $1.50 a day, which seems steep, but then again that means that breakfast basically still only costs me 3bucks a day. It has way less stuff in it and from pasture raised animals, so I am sure it is better for me, and it tastes better.
                      Last edited by demuralist; 01-26-2012, 06:05 AM.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Chris- that makes perfect sense. Roy robb (or whatever his name is lol) does have a whey protein sweetened with stevia. Was not sure you knew this . We get ours at Dillons (Kroger) but it can be found on Amazon. The label is YELLOW.
                        Karin

Comment

• WT 256.8 back down 1.2

I am going to go back to working on increasing my protein, shooting for 150g a day. To that aim I will shoot for 50g a meal. I just ordered the pricier protein, WTH I am worth it. I like the ingredient list, I like the flavor, I can live with the price.

Well, DD texted me a photo last night 11:30 my time (12:30) her time, of a few of them doing Michael Jackson Wii in the main lobby of her dorm. On the one hand I wanted to smack her cause she woke me up. On the other, she must have forgotten she is mad at me. I just do not understand how a kid who so obviously enjoys the dorm life thinks she doesn't want to continue doing that. We have lived in an apartment before so she knows there is no comparison. kids!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• oops, cross post. I am ordering the Jay Robb, our Kroger has it but it is pricier, though I will pick up one small one today so I can get it started tomorrow. That is the one I am talking about, it has very few very high quality ingredients and is stevia sweetened.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• You are worth it. So glad you are back down. Glad DD texted you...even though it was the middle of the night.

BTW, I looked at your pictures on SP. Can I tell you how envious I am of your figure? I have some curves, but NOTHING like the gorgeous ones you have. I also want your hair... The family is beautiful. And, where do you sell your paintings? I need one!
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• SP???

I agree you are worth it

I am so mad at myself, I keep forgetting to mail you!! It is sitting on my table.. I am just a dunce.

Glad dd texted you.. how fun the pictures sound. You ere not the only awaked by a text. men! hahaha
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X