No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to mom's was great, way too short, but still fun. Going back for New Year's. I always talk to mom about my online support friends. She actually said this time she feels like she is part of the group! Anyway the weather was perfect, we had the fire pit going every night. My niece was there, which was fun as I had not seen her for quite a while. We got to see a night rocket launch. I hung the finished painting (well almost finished, I need to go back and add a light in the light house-duh). And I hung the stained glass painting in the window in her front door. I ran out of medium and had to order more, so that will get finished on my next trip, though it looks finished to most.

I am doing well with the fasting, still doing liquid MWF. I lost 5.8 pounds my first week, which included the trip to Florida, which was my niece's birthday celebration week and thus included lots of alcohol, ice cream and cake, smores, and junk food. We did do a healthy dinner every night though. The fact that I usually lose weight on vacation should be telling me something!

The things I am doing to make this fasting plan work are to be sure I am eating up to my TDEE (currently 2,100 calories) with healthy foods and emphasis on getting in my fats. Macros are about 50/25/25 (Fats/protein/carbs) with the carbs basically coming from veggies. And my fasting days are no more than 25% of my TDEE, so 500 calories currently, and mostly in fat. My emphasis on fat is because it has the smallest effect on insulin compared to carbs and protein. It also feels the most natural to me.

Thanksgiving this year is just my son, Honey, and myself, so dinner will be VERY simple.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Happy thanksgiving Chris. Hope you have a wonderful day

Great work on the first week of fasting/TDEE. Sounds very similar to the alt-shift calorie pattern if not the eating style.

Comment

• I am not familiar with the alt-shift calorie pattern. This week, well lets just say tomorrow will essentially be week 1/day 1. I am not quite back where I started, but close. Way too much crossed my lips that was not health promoting. Gotta learn how to strike a balance.

The book "Savor" arrived this week, I will be reading it carefully.

Boo goes back to school today, but will be back in less than 3 weeks. He is having issues with his weight now that he is legal drinking age. For him and for myself, his month home during the break will be very Primal/LCHF/IF.

The rest of this weekend will be spent decorating and finishing the Christmas cards.

We are having a party at work and I am doing dessert. I plan to make a trifle. It will be gluten free/dairy free. I am thinking gingerbread with persimmon puree. I will also make a "yule log" by lining up chocolate wafers, holding them together with whipped cream and then icing them to look like a log. This one is for the younger crowd at the party.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OK, so has anyone figured out how to be able to just see the journals I had subscribed to, so that I can keep up with everyone. I can't seem to get it to filter to just those I had on my subscription list before all of these lovely updates
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            OK, so has anyone figured out how to be able to just see the journals I had subscribed to, so that I can keep up with everyone. I can't seem to get it to filter to just those I had on my subscription list before all of these lovely updates
            Yep, I did. :-)

Did you see this in Pam's journal:

Originally posted by lovebird View Post
            For the latest posts you simply click:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...dvanced_search

Date Range : last visit
            Sort By: Date - last update

and then you press Search Now (in the right upper corner of the page in a green rectangle button)

Hope that helps. ☼

And even if you don't log out, just refresh the Search Result page and the newest will be there.
            All you have to do extra is check the box Search Options Search in my subscriptions only. ☼

Comment

• thank you! Still more complicated than it should be, but at least I can find them.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• To Access Subscriptions...

There is a small down arrow in the top right next to your username. Hover over it, Click My Profile, Subscriptions tab is on the left side.

Edit: It works pretty well, but I found double entries to journals and people. ie. I was subscribed to your journal but also to you individually. The member subscription took me to your profile.
                Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-28-2016, 10:09 AM.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  To Access Subscriptions...

There is a small down arrow in the top right next to your username. Hover over it, Click My Profile, Subscriptions tab is on the left side.

Edit: It works pretty well, but I found double entries to journals and people. ie. I was subscribed to your journal but also to you individually. The member subscription took me to your profile.
                  Sure, that's where you can find them. My version however gives you the latest updates, so you don't have to check all your subscriptions individually...

In your profile there is also a grey button that says 'Filter'. Click that and you can use the Advanced Search without having to bookmark it. ;-)

They are still working on the forum as we type, so new items/buttons/whatever can pop up any time. ☼

Comment

• Of course there is a green banner at the top of every sub-forum with 'topics', 'latest activity', 'my subscriptions' and 'photos' but so far that isn't working the way it's supposed to be. *fingers crossed*

Comment

• argh, this is such a PITA, how can an upgrade be so difficult?
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

argh, this is such a PITA, how can an upgrade be so difficult?
                        Technology.. the key to better living... lol

Comment

• For a moment there was a new posts button at the top of the sub-forums (and it worked) but right now it's changed to new topics...

Must have been my imagination, or the never dying hope for better days to come.

Comment

• Actually it's Today's Posts (and Member List ) and it's gone the minute you log in... keep on keeping on. ☼

Comment

• Well at least I finally got a "like" button, that is something. Between the glitches on here and my home internet being intermittent, I may just end up running up and down the stairs screaming to release the frustration. And every time the internet goes out (often), my husband says "The internet is out again" as if 1. I didn't know, 2. it is my fault, and 3. I could do anything about it.

Ok, so I just stopped to do a morning "meditation". I am feeling much better now. I have added a free app to my phone called "Insight Timer". I highly recommend it. I have done sleep meditations to help me fall asleep and fall back asleep in the middle of the night. I just found this lovely 10 minute morning meditation, and I have bookmarked a couple of mindful eating meditations I am looking forward to trying. There are over 3,000 free meditations of all lengths and types.

Today is a fast day, well non-eating day is more accurate as I will have some cream in my coffee and coconut milk in my green tea as well as reserving the right to add cream to an afternoon coffee. I am actually looking forward to it and expect it to be very successful as I was very mindful of what I ate yesterday to ensure very low carbs and very high nutrition.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

Well at least I finally got a "like" button, that is something. Between the glitches on here and my home internet being intermittent, I may just end up running up and down the stairs screaming to release the frustration. And every time the internet goes out (often), my husband says "The internet is out again" as if 1. I didn't know, 2. it is my fault, and 3. I could do anything about it.

Ok, so I just stopped to do a morning "meditation". I am feeling much better now. I have added a free app to my phone called "Insight Timer". I highly recommend it. I have done sleep meditations to help me fall asleep and fall back asleep in the middle of the night. I just found this lovely 10 minute morning meditation, and I have bookmarked a couple of mindful eating meditations I am looking forward to trying. There are over 3,000 free meditations of all lengths and types.

Today is a fast day, well non-eating day is more accurate as I will have some cream in my coffee and coconut milk in my green tea as well as reserving the right to add cream to an afternoon coffee. I am actually looking forward to it and expect it to be very successful as I was very mindful of what I ate yesterday to ensure very low carbs and very high nutrition.
                                There is a breathing meditation app out called Pranayama that is pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X