No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started with 50mg of 5-HTP, at dinner and 1/2 hr before bed. For the first month I had the BEST most restful, head-hits-the-pillow-and-you're-out sleeps. I had to increase the dose after that. Now I take 100mg before bed and it helps me sleep till my alarm goes off without feeling overly groggy and has overall reduced my instances of deep depression as long as my food is on track.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• actually this is all about sleeping better not falling asleep. If I get up and get in bed when I start to get tired, listen to my meditation, I fall asleep before the meditation is over (it is a 20 minute one). I will pick some up next time I go shopping.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 5htp is not just a sleep aid. If you are looking just for a sleep aid then I would use Meletonin for that! Costco has the best price.

5htp is for depression, fibromyalgia, help in weight loss especially curbing binge tendancies, insomnia and anxiety. I take it (wait----when I remember to take anything I take it) for fibromyalgia and depression. D3 helps my depression ALOT, but has no effect on the fibromyalgia.
        Redflame
        Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
        Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
        Goal of Significant Weight Loss
        15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• Melatonin has never worked for me.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I do not take anything.. sometimes I wake up to early and then can not go back to sleep. I really do not want to take anything but might end up. DD has started melatonin because of her meds..
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Just finished EM's, posting in our Support Group's discussion thread for Resistance Training! Go me.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Go you! Whoop!
                Karin

Comment

• 257.8 bouncing like a yo-yo, back down .2

For this mornings 'breakfast'... Last night I made a slurry with 2 scoops of protein powder, 1T cocoa powder, 1T of HWC, and just enough Almond Milk to be able to get all of the lumps out of the powder. I know Almond Milk is not actually primal, it is leftover from DD, but I could make it if I wasn't so lazy-so that is my justification.

Anyway...This morning I made a batch of low octane BPC, I used 16oz strong coffee, 1T coconut oil, 1T kerrygold, and a few drops of stevia. Then I slowly added that to the slurry, stirring the whole time.

It worked, the protein did not coagulate and it tastes very good, a mocha version of BPC, now I am curious to see what the effects through out the day are...will I have more energy, will I be less hungry, etc. Will keep you posted.

The work on this Sunday's church service has me doing way too much sitting these past couple of days, I will need to make a conscious effort to move today to make up for it. I made my 6,000 steps yesterday-barely- but not the day before.

Today is our wedding anniversary, I think 21 years, and we have been together 22. My husband told my son last night that he would probably not be here in 22 more years. WTF he is 55, that would make him 77, what is the point of all the exercise and worrying about our health if that is all we are hoping for. Plus it helps explain why he is so (apparently) nonchalant about the ED, he thinks he is on his last leg, where I am just middle aged. I told him I had to make it to 90 cause that is when I am allowing myself to take up smoking again.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Yes, do keep us updated on the BPC/slurry. I'm thinking that might work for my mom or husband.

Congrats on 21 years. Wow - that is great. I'm sorry about your husband, though. Only 77 - wow? Both of my grandparents made it almost to 90, even after surviving the depression, war, losing their daughter, etc...so, to me, that's always been where I thought I'd make it. I just want to be in somewhat decent health, so hopefully the first 30 years of my life haven't screwed that up too badly It does sorta explain his attitudes, though. I guess if I thought I only had that much time life, I'd forget the drugs and eat junk

On another subject... I love Fiesta dishes. I had always wanted some, although now I'm in a downsizing point in my life, so probably will never have them unless I find them at a garage sale or the thrift store. Are the bowls smaller? A lot of days I eat out of our bowls. That, and I try and pile my lettuce or coleslaw mix really high -- again, trying to give myself the illusion of a lot of food
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Congrats on your wedding anniversary. Husbands Argh!

Darn, the bell just rang. I'll have to finish this post later. Teaser: My Fiesta Story...
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am interested in this slurry of yours.. sounds awesome!! I will be interested if it keeps you going like bpc.

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Got kids coming in.. will catch up later
                        Karin

Comment

• Congrats on your happy day! It sounds like your hubby's kinda giving up lately - maybe he needs the mental break or maybe he needs something new to get excited about. Since my hubby's spinal fusion last March, he has watched me take over everything except for bring home the $$. He was kinda giving up for a while, but now is fighting much harder to improve. He feels like I keep getting stronger while he gets weaker. I encourage and kick him in the butt. We were so lucky to have our son a few years ago - 3 yr olds tend to keep you young! I also am backing off on doing everything as I was feeling used and he was feeling useless. Maybe you can use this special day for a heart to heart discussion and help him see things from your point of view (and you may get a better view of his)? I know you've tried many times, but I've found that anniversaries are some how special days and the discussions those days sink in more for both my hubby and I. Have a great day!

Comment

• So, My Aunt in Wisconsin is a Fiesta collector. I used to love to go to her house and see her colorful dining room. Her collection was insured for $50,000. Every time I visited, she would take me to the antique shops to add to my collection. I now have classic fiesta plates decorating the wall behind the wood stove. My dishes are multi colored modern Fiesta sets that my husband bought for me on my birthday and at xmas. It makes me happy.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• MudFlinger, thanks so much, my son will be away this weekend and I have decided that is the time for this discussion. We really need to sit down and crystallize what it is we expect from our marriage. I also need him to know that beyond the fact that we are not having sex, the ED worries me for his health. Just cannot imagine that he is as healthy as he thinks he is and is having this issue. So it is either stress from work-which he will need to learn to deal with (maybe with sex?), or a circulation issue, or hormonal, or inflammation, or whatever, but he needs to know that it is not ok. His love language from 5LL is service, but when I do all the things he would like me to do and he doesn't do those things that make me feel loved then I end up feeling like the live in maid. So we gotta get this resolved.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• My Fiestaware is modern and mixed color as well, I believe you are not supposed to actually eat off of the antique stuff, at least some of the colors have things like lead in them. DH's grandmother had a set of yellow, but gave it away when they decided to get new stuff ;~(

I would like to get rid of 2 of the sets of bowls I have (one set is the small set they call "ramekins" and the other are just bowls) and keep the rimmed set I have and get a smaller size in the rimmed set, and get smaller plates. But not enough to put out the money! I may have my friend do something on ebay, when he gets slow this summer.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X