No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like a SimpleFit type of workout because it seems to go fast. I also like this website...I need variety...it's why I enjoyed CrossFit so much. The Daily Fitness Solution Blog
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Chris, we must be part of your family somehow.. the tub in my daughters bathroom is atrocious. It was in poor shape when we moved in and we have not renovated it yet (money). I scrub and scrub but the HARD well water has stained and damaged it beyond repair. I am always on the lookout for SOMETHING, ANYTHING that will make any improvement as when I clean it, you wouldn't really know it. It bothers me.. so I bought some old fashioned comet. scrubbed, let it just soak and penetrate.. yes I saw some improvement. It was minute.. but hey.. ANYWAY.. long story short, my daughter walks in while I am letting it soak and says.. ahhhhh what is that wonderful smell... oooo it smells SO GOOD!! SOO PRETTY!!! LOL

Maybe a little comet will make some magic!!! *grin* LOL

Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am a creature of habit when it comes to exercise.

Karin, have you tried Barkeeper's Friend, it is what I use on my kitchen sink. Or maybe a good soak in CLR. Anyway, the issue right now is can't not won't, unfortunately.

WT this morning 258, up .2. Ate clean, came under on calories, didn't move much at all (worked on computer so intensely I worked through lunch), not near enough fluid. Today is EM day.

Last night was a lousy night's sleep. I got in bed in time, 9:45 and drifted off to sleep. Then DH came to bed before I had gotten into a deep sleep and it woke me up, then I couldn't get back to sleep. Once I did, it was fitful. I may have to give the 5HTP a try. I do think the quality of my sleep is not the best, even when the quantity is good.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have used CLR.. nada. Never heard of barkeepers friend, and I am thinking unless its acid strength..UGH!! The tub looks "better" but I do not have all the uckies gone. Probably never will, but I will delude myself to trying to make it better. Oh and I gotcha on the can't.. sorry.

Have you tried melatonin? I only ask because dd med's I think are affecting her sleep so they have her on 3mg like an hour/hour and half before bedtime. Perhaps you would not be as disturbed when he comes to bed???
          Karin

Comment

• Sleep is so important. I too struggle with quality, not generally quantity. I tried melatonin...I felt like I was drugged. That one didn't work for me (although maybe I had the dose wrong).
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Barkeepers Friend is kinda like comet, but it is what our parents used, so probably not EPA happy, but it works great on the sink, cheap too. I find it at my local hardware store.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I make chocolate dipped strawberries for bake sales now. I have preached to my kids so many times how bad that junk is for you that I now feel like a hipocrit if I make that stuff for others to buy. I would make a primal treat but almond flour is so expensive that they sell my goodie for less than it cost me to make, so at that point I might as well just make a $$ donation. People usually ooh and ahh over them - you can get such big berries (even less total chocolate) in the spring - cheap too. It's just so hard when you are a good cook/baker and peole know it and talk about your past treats that you no longer believe in making. I now try really hard to either find primal comprimises (like I offer to bring salad or fruit dishes when we make the staff lunches) or try to find a non-food offering. Changing our food effects so many other parts of our lives...

Comment

• I'm not the best baker, but I used to make the most awesome queso with Velveeta. My mom was asking for it the other day. I can't, and won't, cook with that stuff anymore. It would be one thing if it was real cheese...but I can't bring myself to buy that nasty stuff again.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• 5htp is what your body uses to make seratonin/melatonin. I would advise that you take it only 1-2 hrs before bed. Some people take it during the day for symptoms of depression, but it makes me sleepy. Last night I took it too late, so I tossed around for a while.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Husb takes 5htp in the morning, but when he starts up on it he does it during the weekend by Monday he is fine. Same with Melatonin...he takes the smallest dose and starts on Friday night, then by Monday morning he is not groggy. Personally I dont need melatonin, especially if I take 5htp and my D3.

Barkeepers is excellent, I no longer buy the expensive glass top stove cleaner, Just sprinkle that over the stove top and lay a damp towel over it for 5 minutes, then take the towel and give it some circular motions all over, rince, wipe, repeat.......shiney and clean! and cheap!
                      Redflame
                      Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
                      Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
                      Goal of Significant Weight Loss
                      15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• For 99% of the stuff I bring something for, I find a way to stay primal (last couple of things I did I took my coffee urn and made coffee-and took the fixins, because I have more of a problem with the fact that they were going to go to Starbucks to buy a travel urn than I do with occasional use of coffee fixins), I also take a beautiful salad when food to share is requested. But for this one bake sale, and for very few other things I do make the cake bites. Because this is worth the 20%.

I would be willing to add 1 pill at the most. Hate, Hate, Hate, taking pills have to take too many already, so what is the dose for the 5HTP? If I take it one hour before bed, if it doesn't make me sleepy then there is no use in me taking it.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• if it does not make you sleep 1 hour before bed, then you push the time back..
                          Karin

Comment

• so then 2 hours before bed?
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• If one hour does not work, I have been told then it needs to be moved back. Or, dosage increase. But I would try moving the time first.
                              Karin

Comment

• I take 100mg, but start with 50 for a few days. I usually get really sleepy at the 1.5 or 2 hr mark. They say if you take it too soon before bed it can give you wild dreams. Sadly, I have not had that experience.

And 5htp can help you sleep deeper through the night, so it is worth taking regardless of whether it makes you sleepy.
                                Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-17-2012, 12:25 PM.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X