No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unflavored beef gelatin, this is the first I am hearing of this. I am guessing it is not Knox! Am I going to have to make another run to Whole Foods? I have read that protein powder looses its efficacy when heated, so I tend to rarely add it to something I am going to cook, although I do add it to DH's breakfast bars, as they do not cook that long, and I figure any extra protein there is better than none.

I am off to dip 100 cake bites for DS's church lock in tonight. I have everything laid out, including the surgical mask, I know I can do this without putting any in my mouth! I just finished stuffing myself with a fantastic lunch, and a liter of ACV water, and am sucking on a cup of Roobios, hope that is enough. Wish me luck!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes, I did read (after I cooked with it!) that I wasn't supposed to heat the powder. Sigh. But, I do like this (and, I think if you didn't have time to make a bone broth, you could add some of this to your purchased beef broth...). http://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-Un.../dp/B001ELLBJS. I find it at Vitamin Cottage/Natural Grocers.

You CAN do it. I had a few too many tastes. I was cooking several meals to put through my vacuum sealer and into the freezer. This helps DH when I travel or am too tired/lazy to cook.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I have found bone broth makes such a better soup. The broth is not so much rich as it has depth. Not sure if that even makes sense.

As God as my witness, I will never eat store broth again!- Scarlett O'Hara (I am sure this is what she meant)
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Hey, since your husband eats carbs what about serving him quinua....quinoa..........keen-wah..shooot you know what I am saying. It is a decent source of protien that can be disguised! I love the stuff. served where you could do rice, or LOVE LOVE it in a salad with greek ingredients, like a Tabouleh.....tons of chopped parsley, cilantro and some mint, peppers, feta, grape toms, onions,......lemon juice and olive oil. Fantastico! best in the summer with sliced grilled steak!...ohhh for some summer, it is snowing here
          Redflame
          Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
          Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
          Goal of Significant Weight Loss
          15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• WT 257.8 holding steady. I did not drink near enough yesterday, and today I feel puffy, actually expected a gain, so I am thrilled with staying the same!

Thanks, had forgotten about quinoa. I used it a lot when we were vegetarians. So another run to the store today...quinoa and soup bones and beef gelatin. Then I could make quinoa in the bone broth, mmmm.

So I made it through dipping 125 cake bites without so much as a touch of taste! I did wear the mask and it did stop me on 2 occasions I can remember, so it was a life saver, cause once a taste hits my mouth there is no stopping me! So I packed up the 100 for the youth sleep over, and the extra 25 for the band and techies from the service. At the end of our prep time there was 1 cake bite left. So I of course ate it. But I didn't shove it into my mouth (they are actually a 1 to 2 bite size) I made it last 4 bites. It was perfect! The chocolate had a lovely snap, and the cake inside was moist, flavorful, and rich. I savored every bite. Did not crave any more, just went on with my life.

So last night I made DH ice cream for dinner (5LL =his is service) My usual recipe is just soy milk (this from our days as vegetarians, but it makes a great malted flavor), brown sugar, vanilla, and peanut butter. So last night I cut the PB in half, added an egg, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder. So he says, "it looks darker than usual" I am thinking "rats, should have used the vanilla flavor, I've been caught" So I say, "well I wanted to cut the fat so I used a tad bit of chocolate to make up for less PB". He tastes it and says "Hope you saved the recipe this one is a keeper!"

I also made a salad, which we ate while the ice cream was being made. I had a burger with it, no ice cream for me (said in a soup nazi accent).

The church service setting was beautiful, I didn't eat crap, I moved a bit, got stuff done, all in all a great day.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sounds like an absolutely wonderful day. You did great on everything. And, I too hope you saved the PB ice cream recipe
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Yep, in MyFitnessPal it says there are 71g of protein in the whole batch! Of course it is also most of a days supply of calories (1,500), and carbs (150), but only 75g of fat. Next time I will throw some chopped chicken breast into the caesar salad, he always eats a salad with the ice cream.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Congrats on your ice cream success. Now you'll be sneaking protien powder everywhere. Maybe the cake pops are next?

Just gotta mention that quinoa is a grain if that concerns you. I love the stuff and it is a much better choice than many. It does have lectins (my primary concern) but is gluten free and grown in good evironment (I read it grows in the Andes - very high altitude) and mine was organic (sounds like most of it is from where and how it is grown). I loved it cause it is so high in protien and it does make an amazing greek salad.

Comment

• Thanks. No I wouldn't eat it. But it would be a great way for DH to feel like I am giving him ''whole grains'' as per the doc's nutritionist's advice and not make me feel like I am poisoning him (or contributing to the skin, heart, and sex issues).

I am hoping that everyone will forget how much they love those cake pops, so I can just quit making them!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Yeah for your success.. and holding steady to weight is not so bad either I love that you came up with a creative way to cater to the hubs and give him a healthier options as well.

LOL@ the cake pops..
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I made cake pops like crazy 2 and 3 years ago, then Starbucks brought them out (and they were nasty) then everyone started making them! I too am DONE making them....well I might make some for my God Daughters wedding, as I am making her filled cupcakes as well instead of a wedding cake. GREAT job on just having ONE, and being thoughtful of it.

I have quinoa on hand for times when I am just sure I cannot do with out rice, I have not had to use it yet, but know it is there for when I want to cave in. Seems that if I have a plan for a 'better' off the plan food then I tend not to use it or the original craving!

This weekend was BAD for me, and today is a new day. Carbs were everywhere ---bisquits and gravy, potatoes, magic bars, lemon bars, french toast, grilled cheese sammiches--- and through out the weekend I continued to feel worse and worse physically and yet it did not phase me until Sunday night. I dont know what this 'weekend' issue stems from but it needs to stop.
                        Redflame

Comment

• It never ceases to amaze me that when we eat crap we feel like crap and yet we want more of it?

My cravings do not really tend toward carbs, I will definitely eat them if available, but I don't ever think "must have pasta (or whatever)". I am much more about the "I miss the kind of crunch you get from crackers", than I am about missing the crackers.

I still have about 100 cake balls, undipped, in the freezer. We do one bake sale a year for the church youth, on Mother's day, and those cake bites almost started a tug of war last year! They paid $20 for a box of 8! (8 was all that I could fit in the box). I will also make the lemon/lavendar cupcakes with lemon curd filling and lavender buttercream frosting. I figured out how to make the frosting look like a big rose on the cupcake-very fancy and it increases the price!

I feel like my grandmother, I am making bone broth and homemade sauerkraut. And when the bone broth is done I am going to use it in the beef and cabbage soup!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• we would all be a better people to live more like our grandparents and great grandparents!

With the exception of remembering how my grandmother would cook her green beans ALL day with onions and Bac-Os...these were home canned beans and then she would just cook them until they were grey bits, sprinkled in artificial flavored and colored pink bits. YUCK
                            Redflame

Comment

• One of my grandmothers was from Croatia, so very hearty farmer fair. Lots of soup, very little sweets. Also, lots of dancing and music, Every Sunday we were at their home/small farm with all of our cousins. Fantastic memories. Wish I could have provided the same for my kids.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I just found this....bodyweight exercises, bodyweight workouts Maybe when I get used to doing the EM's regularly, I can graduate to this.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X