No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great hours/schedule if you can handle the work, the work conditions, and the pay. Wish I could.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It is a great schedule and my kids have benefitted from that for sure.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Luckily I have managed to put off having to go back to work full time, until now, college bills loom, but there is no doubt that my children benefited from my presence in the home. Of course, if you ask them, I suspect they would rather I had worked and then been able to give them each a car (or whatever else they have wanted through the years that we could not afford to put out for!)
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
          It is a great schedule and my kids have benefitted from that for sure.
          +1

though some days I just shake my head and think WTF was I thinking going into this field- today is one of those days. LOL
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I have the greatest respect for teachers, my children have generally been very lucky and had some spectacular ones that have made profound differences in their lives! Now, guidance counselors and most administration, that is another story in our personal experience all of the schools my children have been in (which is 7 between the 2 of them) the system would have been much better off with those positions cut in half and the money spent for more teachers.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• the kids i can handle no matter the situation (behavior, weapons, etc..seen @ it all) SOME of the parents though.....UGH!
              Karin

Comment

• yep, now that I can totally attest to having done so much volunteer work and heard the stories form family members who are teachers.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• late on the topic again...but... Husbands away are GREAT! Married mine when he was a driver, got hurt and had to quit after we had been together 5 months. 2 years of surgeries and re-coop, then college, then he was back to work but had to take work out of town YEAH, home on the weekend. Then we moved to that town after I said NEVER would we do that. Then after a year got laid off and took another job out of town, home on the weekends YEAH. 2 yrs there. Then fell and broke his hip. HOME after a month in the hospital, took another job and now he is home every night......best job he has had, but every night? Really? LOL
                  Redflame
                  Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
                  Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
                  Goal of Significant Weight Loss
                  15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• yep, I dread retirement!!!!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Retirement...seems SO far away. I think if you both stay busy, it will be ok. DH and I both work from home. I was worried...but it's worked out well. Now, if he didn't have something to do...I'd probably kill him.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• My hubby has been picking up hobbies along the way. He has no time for hobbies mind you but there it is...

He got a pilot's license (and is partial owner in a plane)
                        He got a fish tank, which takes way more work than I remember it taking when we had one as a kid
                        Now he is getting started on brewing beer (mind you, he doesn't drink it).

I asked him if he didn't think it would be a good idea for us to have at least one hobby in common and he 'reminded' me of...

-boat when we first got married, which we luckily sold for exactly what we bought it for, I get motion sickness, badly, so the boat was not the best hobby for us (this is the same problem with the plane currently)
                        -there was the idea that he and I could bike together, (he is in so much better physical shape than me it could never work-plus he has no patience to wait for me to catch up, and forget about a leisurely pace!)
                        -the tennis, again the physical shape part

really the only hobby "we" had that I enjoyed was the swing dancing, and I can't seem to get him interested in that again, even though it was his idea in the first place.

Our original idea for retirement was that I would design furniture and he would build it, gone long gone this idea.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• well rats! I just had a mini scavenger hunt for food. Standing in front of the pantry looking for nuts, thinking my bulletproof coffee does not have enough protein. It was good for a few days, so maybe I can do it on Saturday and/or Sunday and figure out a protein based drink for the weekdays. I have been running over in calories and fat and way under in protein. But I think alternating days of high fat then high protein might work well for me. That is my experiment, starting tomorrow morning. Cause we know my weight will have to be up.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I've decided, this week, that a bit of calorie cycling is really helpful. I remember that in the past, when I lost weight on Weight Watchers, I did calorie cycling (it wasn't per se intentional - it just always worked out that we would go out to eat once a week, and thus the rest of the week and particularly the day before a weigh in, I went lower).
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• 259.8 up .4, not bad given the pantry raid.

Solution, I am going to work to increase my proteins again, not quite so high in fat, I obviously can't do both high. I will do the high fat on the weekends and high protein during the week. My days are shorter and busier on the weekends and less prone to mid afternoon binging.

Calorie cycling is probably good for a lot of reasons, if nothing else variety helps to ensure I am getting more nutrients.

The school district called school this morning. They let us know by text at 4:30 and phone call at 5:30. We had a 1/2 inch of snow yesterday. But I suspect the low temperature and frozen roads is the issue. But I still have to go to work. The kids get a 4 day weekend now.

Anyway, I slept in, so I will have to do all of my catching up with you all later.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• My daughter gets the standard 2 day weekend. Her district does not take Martin Luther King's day off.. but MINE does
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X