Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yum. If I lived close, I'd just come over and eat at your house everyday

I get the creep, as well. I don't mind starchy veggies, including potatoes, parsnips, etc., but then it turns into candy and true junk. I'm doing best to prioritize my protein, then veggies, then starch. IF I still have room, then it could be something else, but of course, when I prioritize, I rarely have room. If I go too low carb, I crave like crazy candy and sugar!!!

The strength class sounds great. I'm ready to start lifting with my boys again!!!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• My version of low carb includes lots of veggies and maybe a fruit here or there. (last night I whipped a 1/4C of Ricotta with 1/2C pumpkin and a few drops of stevia with a bit of pumpkin pie spices and had that for 'dessert', yummy) I have actually been quite full since I started it and have managed to stay away from the homemade bread I pulled out of the oven yesterday. Not even tempted really. Amazing. I do tend to go through a progression that starts with white potato, and moves to cheese grits, then to the bread, then to the sweets. I don't have issues with occasionally having any of those, but once I start craving the sweets I need to admit to myself I have crossed over to the other side and snap to before the weight starts to go up. I tend to wait until the cravings, and the subsequent cavings, result in a serious up tick on the scale before I snap back. Currently the scale is fairly rapidly going back down, lost 4 already and just 6 to go to get back to my recent low. So that is pretty motivating.

Loved the strength class, I am actually thinking I am going to change my work schedule so that I can also go to the one on Thursday mornings. That would mean that I would have to start working every Thursday because I would only work half days on Thursday. Right now I work every other and thus end up with a 5 day weekend every other week. I think it is worth it though, especially since I would still end up with 4 day weekends.

Dudla just texted to say she is off with friends to hike on the Appalachian Trail to check out the fall leaf colors! Boo's football team finally won yesterday and in a game they were expected to lose against a ranked team. 2 happy kids this morning (well, Boo will be happy when he wakes up this afternoon!)

Stunning weather here today, will spend it outside working on the landscape.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• worked in the yard until equipment failure (my leaf vacuum bag's zipper broke, started blowing the leaves out the back as it was sucking them in the front) and then ran out of supplies (the stone I am putting between the flagstone that I am leveling on my patio). The front looks much better now that it is mowed, and the back is getting there after I spent a better part of the morning pruning and filling my fire pit with the twigs.

My yoga class for today was cancelled so I will go straight to Home Depot to replenish my supplies and figure out what to do about leaf collection. I will also run by a couple of thrift stores as I need a trellis for my baby Wisteria, one of them is already 4' long and had started to attach to the bush next to it. I want to use an iron gate or fancy screen door, something interesting.

Then I have some crafting/art I want to do, play with the calligraphy.

Honey and I have been taking a neighborhood stroll after dinner the past few nights, the weather has been divine. It would be nice for conversations too, if he would wear his hearing aids. Oh well, can't have everything!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Having some discomfort in my heal. Not your typical Plantar Fascitiis location, but at the back edge of the bottom of the heal. Not injured it that I know of, and wondering if it is a tight achilles tendon causing the issue. Will do some research today, but it is making me have to sit at my desk at work instead of using the standing desk, very awkward and uncomfortable-I am so used to standing while working.

Every once in a while, no matter what diet or plan I am following (or not), I get a craving for oatmeal. Not that gooey instant crap, but the good hearty, chewy, steel cut kind. I have learned that to ignore the craving eventually just brings on a binge or two or three until I finally listen and eat the oatmeal. Yesterday was the day, so instead of ignoring and suffering the binge behavior I opted to have it for dinner. I made a lovely bowl of it, with berries, some ricotta cheese, and a small bit of local honey. It was yummy and the craving has been filled. On to life, today is a fast day.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Funny, I get the oatmeal craving as well...homemade....I don't even really like oatmeal. My grandpa always put butter on it, so I do too. I have also learned to just go for it

Hope the heel gets to feeling better soon!!!!!!!!!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• I love oatmeal, but rarely think to eat it, and usually it makes me feel sluggish, so it is best that I eat it as dinner instead of breakfast, which is what I did. Oh yes, I most definitely add butter too. Traditionally I would have eaten it with butter and either brown sugar or good maple syrup. Nowadays I try to make it a better balanced meal by adding fruit (usually berries), calcium (usually ricotta), and protein (usually nuts), but I did not have any suitable nuts in the house.

Oddly the heel feels much better today after feeling much worse yesterday. I went to a senior strength class-which is basically a no impact aerobics class with weights/bands/balls. It is very good, and I am sore today, so maybe I am just not noticing the heel because so much else is aching today.

Boo is home and went to work with me yesterday. We were there for only 3.5 hours because the class is from 10 to 11, but he fixed a problem that a co-worker had created on his computer. It took Boo the entire 3 hours to fix it the computer was such a mess from the guy doing so many weird searches and saying 'yes' to every add on and upgrade that would pop up onto the screen. Boo had to go in and uninstall a bunch of programs.

Went to visit a friend who is in physical rehab and cut her hair for her. So was so happy as the cut she had was horrible, in fact bad enough that she could tell just by running her hand through it. She is elderly and was so depressed that she was in the situation she found herself in, I was thrilled to be able to make her feel better about herself.

I have a job interview after Halloween. The woman owns a local food business and is looking for a personal assistant. Extremely flexible hours, extremely nice people to work with and for. I am excited. It will have to be a cut in pay as no one in their right mind would give me a starting salary that equals what I make now. But I don't want or need any benefits (insurance or sick pay or vacation leave) so maybe that will allow me to negotiate a slighter higher pay. We'll see. I think she wants to start with a part time situation in which case I could keep my current job and just add this one for now. Then when she gets busy again in late spring is about the time I will be losing this job anyway.

I forgot to mention my old boss called to see if I wanted to work for him full time...Monday through Friday 9 to 5, office management. Um, NOOOOOOO! I cannot think of many things I would want to do less than go back to doing the stupid shit he always asked me to do and having to do it full time, and add a 45 minute commute to the whole thing. GAWD NO!
              Last edited by demuralist; 10-16-2015, 06:18 AM.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• It's nice to be in a position to refuse such an unappealing offer! Good luck with the other job interview.
                Annie Ups the Ante
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• thanks,

yes that is true. Basically the position I have now goes on probably until mid-summer, and is pretty cushy. If this other one doesn't work out, something will turn up eventually. If not I will start selling stuff that I have painted. If nobody buys anything I will still enjoy the work. I am too old to settle for something I hate doing now. Plus, well, I am lucky enough that my husband makes enough money that I don't need to work, basically I am just padding our retirement. And truthfully even when I was single, working myself through school, and living pay check to pay check, I still didn't worry about money.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Having seen the things you have created on your Pinterest boards, I would say that you will have no problem selling stuff.
                    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• thanks so much, you are very sweet. My issue will be that I need to cut down how long it takes me to create something! Otherwise I will end up working for 50 cents an hour!

I truly hope that I can do something with the calligraphy.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Your calligraphy is beautiful. Can you do wall art sayings? Maybe with a touch of art?
                        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Thanks you! What I have been playing with is taking a photograph and transferring it to a canvas (I flip the photo and print it on copy paper, then slop it with a medium and press it onto the canvas, next day after it drys, I dampen the paper and peel it carefully off, which leaves the image on the canvas.) Once that is done then I use calligraphy to put a quote on it. They make great gifts. I will likely start working to get these into a sellable form.

I am actually working on one right now that is a photo of my niece's newborn wrapped in a blanket I knit. I am going to use a quote from the song the couple used as their first bridal dance.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• went to my senior strength class again yesterday. Each day has a different teacher, which is great because they do slightly different exercises. It is a really great workout, an aerobic/strength combo that includes stretching and balance exercises. Very nice group of people, $3 a class. I am going to see if I can figure out a way to get to go to the Tuesday class as well. That might have to wait until I no longer have this job.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Chris, what's your thoughts on hair extensions? Glue, tape (what I'm leaning toward), or clip?
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I have to admit I know absolutely nothing about hair extensions. I am not much of one to mess with stuff that does not come naturally (ish) or requires a lot of upkeep. I always talked clients out of perms and trying to cover grey (I like highlights for their longer maintenance schedule and general enhancement versus cover up) for this reason. Now that is all pretty easy for me because I have nice naturally curly hair and do my own roots.

So my questions would be about upkeep and what happens to your own hair. If it is just a little something you put in there and can take out and it doesn't mess with your own hair and doesn't require an expensive time consuming visit to the hairdresser it sounds great. If it is attached to your hair, and you have fine hair, I would think there is a strong possibility of serious damage to your own hair.

How soon are you thinking of doing it? I am getting ready to leave for my daughter's, but I can do some research when I get back next Tuesday.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X