• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    ... kitchening...

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
      YAY no cancer!

I need a house so badly. I like gardening and kitchening way too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      Thanks!

I could certainly use a hand if you want to practice gardening and kitchening😊
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        Thanks!

I could certainly use a hand if you want to practice gardening and kitchening😊
        Oh that I could travel through email.

But seriously, did anyone else see that movie where the kids traveled through stamps?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
          thanks for asking! I am doing fine. There was no cancer, so I am happy.
          "Happy", I think you win the 'understatement of the week' award there.... Great news.

Kitchening, great word there RR....

Comment

• Yes, you are right there DoubleD! there are actually no words that adequately describe how I feel about getting that news! I will say that I go in with the expectation of hearing that I am cancer free, my husband on the other hand braces himself for the possibility of hearing the "C" word. It is the old "half full/half empty" dichotomy with us, he looks visibly stressed everytime I am on my way in to have that test. Me, I am happy as a lark because I know I am about to get some seriously A++ sleep.

So I am starting back to consciously moving again. How easily I let myself slip out of that. My doctor requested that I start by only doing my "exercise" walk on my non-fasting days, and work on increasing my protein/healthy fat intake. then slowly add in a walk on my fasting days. She is still a bit concerned about the ultra low blood sugar result.

I am trying a new thing for my veggies, it is called "Green Bean Delivery", which is supposed to be local and organic. I got my first delivery yesterday, and I am going to have to do a bit more research because I am pretty sure that we here in Tennessee can't grow bananas, mangoes, or avocados. Rats, because it is hard to beat the convenience. And truthfully I am much more focused on local than I am on organic in general.

Today is a non-fasting day.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Very good news. Won't be posting much as I'm in San Diego until Sunday. Following along, though
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                Very good news. Won't be posting much as I'm in San Diego until Sunday. Following along, though
                I'm jealous! Please tell my son, DIL, and best friend I said hi.

I hope you are enjoying all SD has to offer.

Comment

• Awesome. Love San Diego. How goes the competition?
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Happy Easter to those who celebrate it.

Yesterday was supposed to be a fast day, but I was cooking new recipes for company, tasting required. Sure that I went over 500 calories, but not likely over 1,000, I think.

Today we are going to a picnic. The sun is shining, for now, and we are supposed to reach 70 degrees, so it should be lovely. It also means just one meal today, midday, which is a good thing as well.

Tomorrow is yard work again. I am going to shoot for at least an hour a day, equivalent every week, which means if I get lazy or it rains that hour is added to the next day such that I want to do at least 7 hours a week working on the landscape. If I could also do 7 hours a week working on house projects, and 7 hours a week working on art projects, and 7 hours a week working on knitting projects, and 3.5 hours a week on the treadmill, I would really start to see some things happening. I am sure that most of that time currently is spent on the computer, which for the most part is not very productive, so I will be around here a bit less.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Happy Easter Chris...

Comment

• Thanks Nancy, we had a lovely day. Hope yours was wonderful as well.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• So more good news today, the "lesions" in Honey's sinuses are not cancer. The doc wants him to apply 'Vaseline' with a q-tip every night and come back in 4 months to see if it has healed. I don't like the idea of the petroleum product, but the hubs will not consider any substitute (seems to me coconut oil would be a much better choice), but the doc said Vaseline so Vaseline it is. Honey just reminds me of my family's liberal use of Vicks to try to dissuade me from discussing this.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• The body is fighting back after 2 days of eating garbage. Serious intestinal distress. If the body would be so kind as to punish me this way as I am eating the junk, it would be a whole lot easier to give it all up forever!

Today is, thankfully, a fast day. This morning I chose to drink cold brew coffee and that allows me to skip the cream as it is so much mellower. So I have had no calories thus far. Drinking lots of fluids though.

So, I missed shipping the kids an Easter basket this year, so while I was out yesterday I snatched up some serious deals and will hand deliver them when I get there on Friday. I am going over to see Dudla in what is expected to be her last appearance in a drag show. She is impersonating Eminem, calling herself Feminem. I am unfamiliar with the song. Boo is going to go with me, he is thrilled Actually, I think he really wants to go, but can't get any of his friends to go, this way he has an excuse. I am certain he will think it is funny, he likes slapstick type of humor.

The rest of this week is really just same ole same ole.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Hooray for hubby! [Gonna admit, I swear by vaseline. I know it's made with petroleum, but it's been a life saver for me....]

I agree with the junk. Just like I'm gluten intolerant and sometimes still eat it...because the impacts are MUCH later. Sigh.

Fun with the kids Your kids sound like they have such amazing personalities. I think you must have been a great mama -- letting them develop as themselves, with gentle guidance as needed.

I need something new with my hair. Are you sure you can't come to NM?

Actually, I'm thinking of a light spray tan before I go to Hawaii (yes, I know, chemicals, but I CANNOT physically tan at all, and I just don't want to be this pale white). Do you think it would turn out ok?
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• If you had the spray tan done professionally, I am sure it would turn out ok, but honestly my advice is always to own your beauty. I would kill to have milk white skin. Wear nice bright colors that play off of it, usually turquoise or royal blue.

You actually have a face shape very similar to mine, I will start posting pictures in my pinterest board "cute hair". You could come visit me too ya know. Do you highlight your hair? If so, a bit darker shade from about the temples down, and a lighter shade on top, helps create dimension in a rounder face.

My children are amazing, yes I am biased, but honestly they have really given us so very little trouble, are generally up for anything, and are loving and caring individuals. I could not be more proud of them. I appreciate the compliment, I do think that raising our children is far and away our most important job.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X