No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Honey and I have been together almost 25 years. I install toilet paper in the 'over' fashion. Easier to find the end when I go at night, because I know how to roll it off even when groggy. Suddenly a couple of months ago, Honey wants to know why we can't install it in the 'under' fashion. So I tell him.

When I got home from Florida this time, all the rolls in all 4 bathrooms had been re-installed in the 'under' fashion. Hahaha, cute. I corrected them.

So last night I am having a crappy night's sleep. Not sure why, makes no sense given I spent the entire day doing yard work, actually skipped out of work early. Of course these are the types of nights that I have to use the restroom in the middle of the night, I never have to go when I am sleeping soundly. Well, I cannot find the end of the damn TP roll. Actually, had to turn on the light (which has an obnoxious fan). The john is actually in one of those stupid little rooms that builders like to put them in in master suites, so the fan is loud the light beyond irritating. And that is when I realize that my sweet husband has flipped the roll.

So I emailed him today to let him know that future transgressions of this sort will exact a retaliation. His response? "the seed has been sown". My response? "let it be on your head".

Now to plot my revenge. I believe that the next time it happens in the middle of the night, I will go around the house and hide all of the toilet paper. If that doesn't break him, then the next time I believe I will jolt him awake.

Open to any other devious but not dangerous suggestions.

In other news, today is a fast day. I have errands to run after work (ugly weather so I will be here all day), so I won't get home until after my witching hour, should end up being a successful 500 calorie day.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      So, Honey and I have been together almost 25 years. I install toilet paper in the 'over' fashion. Easier to find the end when I go at night, because I know how to roll it off even when groggy. Suddenly a couple of months ago, Honey wants to know why we can't install it in the 'under' fashion. So I tell him.

When I got home from Florida this time, all the rolls in all 4 bathrooms had been re-installed in the 'under' fashion. Hahaha, cute. I corrected them.

So last night I am having a crappy night's sleep. Not sure why, makes no sense given I spent the entire day doing yard work, actually skipped out of work early. Of course these are the types of nights that I have to use the restroom in the middle of the night, I never have to go when I am sleeping soundly. Well, I cannot find the end of the damn TP roll. Actually, had to turn on the light (which has an obnoxious fan). The john is actually in one of those stupid little rooms that builders like to put them in in master suites, so the fan is loud the light beyond irritating. And that is when I realize that my sweet husband has flipped the roll.

So I emailed him today to let him know that future transgressions of this sort will exact a retaliation. His response? "the seed has been sown". My response? "let it be on your head".

Now to plot my revenge. I believe that the next time it happens in the middle of the night, I will go around the house and hide all of the toilet paper. If that doesn't break him, then the next time I believe I will jolt him awake.

Open to any other devious but not dangerous suggestions.

In other news, today is a fast day. I have errands to run after work (ugly weather so I will be here all day), so I won't get home until after my witching hour, should end up being a successful 500 calorie day.
      This is beyond adorable.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• he is actually getting a little quirky in his old age (well, not old, older-he is 58 next month).
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Chris: I just saw an article last week on line about the right way to hang toilet paper. It showed in the patent that the paper rolls over the top. The way you had it. Which is the way I have always done it so you are not alone.

Comment

• Yes, I actually emailed him a picture of that patent. That was my response after I fixed the rolls the first time. I am guessing that is what got this thing rolling😝
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• If you really want to get his goat.... hide all of the TP in the bathrooms, and put a single roll of this in 1 bathroom....

http://www.grainger.com/product/FINI...2?s_pp=false&=

Comment

• There's always this old favourite, badgers arse toilet paper, that'll irritate the ol' nipsy.... Or Izal....

Comment

• ahaha! y'all are great. thanks.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Ok so, I am having a routine colonoscopy early on Monday morning. I had colon cancer when I was 6 months into my second pregnancy (20 years ago) so now I get to have one of these bad boys every other year.

I will start prepping tomorrow by sticking mostly to smoothies, then on Sunday it is clear liquids and then the clean out. Monday, I will likely sleep off the anesthesia and wake up Tuesday feeling refreshed. And since it is predicted to be a glorious weather day I will probably switch my work days to Wed., Thurs., and Fri., and also make my fast days Wed., and Fri., because fasting is easier on work days.

Anyway, as cute as our little TP thing is, if Honey messes with the rolls while I am doing this prep, he will have to hell to pay.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• glorious day outside, as soon as the dew burns off I am going out to do yard work!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• spent much time weeding yesterday. Tedious task, and it doesn't look as though I accomplished as much as I felt like I did, but I got to spend hours in the sun. Will do that again today! It is cool out, but that is just that much nicer when doing the yard work.

Boo has been home this weekend. Nice. He went to a funeral, friend's brother passed. He didn't know the brother, but was there to support his friend. The whole crew came home to be there. They are going to take him out this morning then go back to school. They only have a little over a month left in this semester.

Boo is not sure if he will be home for the summer, he will counsel the church camp for 2 weeks, and that is really about being able to spend the time with the young lady he considers his "best friend". Anyway, it makes like easier for us since we don't know our schedule as far as Dudla goes.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• How are you feeling?

Comment

• thanks for asking! I am doing fine. There was no cancer, so I am happy. Monday, I pretty much slept and puttered around. Yesterday, BFF texted to say she had some free time, so we took a walk around the neighborhood, for an hour and a half. We both had tons of stuff to do, but the weather was so very perfect. Then I came home and started working on getting my house back in order. Not sure quite why it can get so out of order, I used to blame it on the kids, but it looks like I am going to have to take responsibility for it.

I really want to get my yard/lawn/landscaping in order this year. I built a fire pit in my back yard years ago, along with a stone patio, but never got around to doing anything else. I have a dry river bed started and want to get some shiny stones to put on top. I have a path way going as well, and I want to paint the stones with glow in the dark paint so you can see it at night. I also need to put some kind of ground stone or grout between the stones in the path and the patio. There is a tiered garden bed, made with concrete blocks and I want to paint the blocks and add more plants. I would also like to add curtains, a hammock, and a candelabra to the part of the stone patio that is under the wood deck. And that is just the back yard!

The wood deck also needs a fresh coat of sealant, and I have a 1950's chair and slider that need to be sanded and painted to put up there.

then I can get to the front yard.

all that to say that I am trying to limit my computer time, so I can get things done. Of course I am at work right now.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• My dream backyard plans include:

New fence all around. One that looks nice, not just functional. Maybe with a foot of lattice at the top, and some metal ornaments nailed up. Large suns in bronze or copper finishes.

Paths.

Plants that I have planned in the hedge, not the strange mix of ivy and nandina which is left over from when we moved in here.

The garden beds all done.

Berry bushes instead of photinia along our west border.

An overhead structure for our patio, and an outdoor grill.

Bat houses.

Gravel and rocks behind our little cottage, not just more ivy.

SOMETHING on our alley strip, that doesn't need to be mowed.

Comment

• YAY no cancer!

I need a house so badly. I like gardening and kitchening way too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X