No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, well done Persuading the body to give up its reserves is never easy.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• thanks for the encouragement everyone, I really do appreciate it!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• A bit tardy, but, bravo SD....

Comment

• thank you.

So today is a fast day. Lots of liquids! I have a beef vegetable soup on the stove so I may have a bowl for dinner, but hoping to just do liquids today, though I am not usually successful with that if I am at home, and the soup has an amazing aroma. And I am not trying to do anything resembling zero calories, so maybe a small bowl. Though the dip into 234's should be a motivation for me.

I am back to work today, all that time away and still only enough to keep me busy till noon. Turns out our board will be here this week, so I will either be out of a job or packing my office and moving into a cubicle. If I am moving my office there will be lots to do. I will have to clear the cublicle as well as all the public spaces in our building. That will be a huge job, and they want it done by May1.

p.s. my sleep mask came in today, very excited and hopeful that it will be helpful. It is cute too. http://drifttosleep.com/ I gotta say if all it took was a $15 mask to get me to sleep through the night I am going to be very irritated. I had tried this before but could not stand the mask pressing against my eyes, this one has little pockets so it won't touch my eyes or eye lashes. It does not give me 100% blackness, but very close enough, I think 100% might wig me out anyway, and hopefully the bit of light creep will help me to wake up in the morning.
          Last edited by demuralist; 03-03-2015, 12:25 PM.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• congrats on the new low.....

I sleep during the day, and tried a sleep mask, but it was uncomfortable, and disturbed my sleep.... go figure.. me disturbed... Anyhoo.. I pretty much solved the light issue by putting room darkening film on the window.... (got it at Lowes in the window shades aisle).... and it keepd the room really dark.... added room darkening blinds and dark blue curtains and my room is very dark during the day and my sleep is much better.... that and the melatonin and Celestial seasonings Sleepy Time Extra with valerian root and I sleep muuuuuuch better...

Comment

• Yes, well I have done all I can to get rid of exterior light, and I even painted the room a fairly dark warm color, the issue is the light creep from the office door, the bathroom door, and the door from the bedroom to the hall as well as all the indicator lights on the various electronics (mostly the ghostly green glow from the internet extender).

My Honey feels like we have to keep the office door open for air flow, the bathroom door has to stay open because he wakes up in the middle of the night and it is a sliding pocket door that is noisy, and the extender is essential for him to be able to use internet in his office. So in a pick your battles sort of decision I am going with the mask.

It was not the miracle I was hoping for, but it was better than without and I will get used to it. ( I am thinking the black out film may be the answer for the bathroom windows, as Honey is opposed to blinds of any kind in there, and though there will eventually be blinds in there I have not gotten around to sewing them-and film is easier).

My sleep issues are not constant, and I had gone quite a while without any. My new medication makes me wake up in the middle of the night to visit the restroom, eventually my body will get used to it and that won't be the case anymore.

Melatonin never helped me, but I do have a tea that I used to use I had forgotten about.

The scale continues ever so slowly downward. Thinking that cutting out all grains and moving the nuts to the downstairs freezer are the 2 most helpful changes of late.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• yup.. under those conditions, the mask is probably the best option.... Since I am home alone, and sleeping during the day, I close the door and put a towel at the bottom of the door to block the light. I get some light around the door, and I am considering some weather stripping in the door frame to block that out.... as far as electronic lights, I have none. I use the alarm on my phone to wake up with, which has worked pretty well so far.

Congrats on the continued lightening!

Comment

• Thanks.

I use my phone as alarm as well. Even our smoke detectors have a green glow light that is apparently supposed to act as a sort of exit light. The spare bedroom is the room in the house I was able to get the darkest, and it is actually the most comfortable in the house, but it depresses me to sleep in a separate bedroom than my husband, even if my quality of sleep is drastically improved. It starts to make me feel like we are roommates as opposed to lovers.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I am feeling lethargic today.

I have already done the treadmill and I have a list of things to do this weekend. Mostly fun things.

I need to make the couch cushion now that all the supplies have finally arrived. Practice some calligraphy, do some knitting, color my roots, and answer the questions in the Magic Tidy book so I can clarify in my mind the motivation for tidying (now that the kids are gone it is not about space, man it hurts for me to type that).

It is BFF's birthday so I make her a Tres Leche cake every year. We will all have a small piece of it after dinner on Saturday, then she takes it home and eats a piece for breakfast everyday till she finishes it. Dinner will basically be very clean munchies so that I can enjoy the cake without guilt or tummy discomfort.

Had store bought yogurt last night and the tummy is not happy today. I don't remember having issues with the homemade yogurt, so there will be no more of the store bought for me.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Had a great night's sleep last night and hope to be able to get through my entire list of stuff today.

I found out yesterday that our work building was indeed sold. The mail will be forwarded to the 'acting' president in Indianapolis. So one more of my tasks from an already very small list of tasks is taken away. I actually may not have a job once he comes to talk to us next week. Although I think that I will be spending the next few months clearing out the public spaces, cabinets full of books and brick-a-brack.

Tummy is better today, I had a bowl of steel cut oats and that seemed to help. I am planning to do liquids today and soup for dinner.

Honey snarfed up the meatloaf I made for him. I used oats and psyllium powder as a binder, and had as much volume of pureed veggies as I had volume of meat. It was actually pretty darn good, and since it had the veggies and oats he figured it was healthy and I got him to eat some protein so I am happy. I think I will probably be keeping a loaf on a pretty regular basis.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

So the reason I hate sewing so much is because I am not very good at it. And every time I do a project I am reminded of that. Oh they are always passable, but never the professional look I am going for.

So I sewed a cushion cover for the extra padding for the Craftsman couch I got for $100 a month or so ago. I picked out some nice fabrics that had similar attitude and colors to the existing upholstery, but were different to make it more casual and fun. I also used a nice twisted rope piping. Total cost for the entire project was less than $50 including everything.

So what makes it less than perfect? As I was coming around one of the corners the top and bottom of them don't match. I did it in a box style, so there is a top seat and bottom seat, but there is also the front facing piece, that connects the two. So on one corner the top corner is 1" to the left of the bottom corner. Not redoing it. I feel sure I am the only one who will notice, and it will drive me insane as it will be constant proof that I am not as perfect as I like to think I could be, but I probably need that anyway. It stays.

So the only big chore left for today is to color my roots. BFF and her hubby are coming for dinner and cards (and haircut). It is BFF's birthday so there will be cake involved. Have not decided if I will have a piece or not, I have not had grain in a while now so I am hesitant, but don't want to bring attention to that, so will probably just do a small taste. She takes the cake home with her so no left over issues there.

p.s.made a homemade mayo yesterday, easiest ever!!! 1egg, 1T lemon juice, 1/2 T dry mustard, 1C mixed oils...put it all in a tall mason jar stuck my stick blender in there and literally in like a minute the whole thing came together. Added salt and pepper to taste and AMAZING. Put the lid on the jar, washed the stick blender, whole thing took less than 5 minutes.
                        Last edited by demuralist; 03-07-2015, 12:00 PM.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I'll have to give your mayo recipe a try. I haven't had the best of luck with mayo. What mixed oils do you use?

Comment

• I was truly shocked it worked so well. I used to use the blender and slowly drip the oil in. The original recipe called for a Tblspn of Dijon so I am pretty sure the mustard also has an emollient effect along with the egg. I actually used 3/4C of extra light tasting Olive Oil and a 1/4 C of walnut oil. I have found regular olive oil to not taste good and the nut oils as well as avocado tend to be too pricey for this. I think in the future I will just stick to the light tasting olive, the walnut did not impart flavor that I could tell and I think it is better used as a drizzle where you can get the taste benefit.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• After so many failed attempts, it worked!! Thank you Demuralist! I can't believe how easy this process was. I even impressed the hubs!

Comment

• Glad it worked. Yeah I was more than leery about it, just seemed too easy. I added some herbs and it is really yummy. Using it as a veggie dip tonight.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X