Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post

Not only are statins a libido killer.
    The only reason i need to NOT take statins......

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• My cholesterol readings were just a little higher than yours and my dr. knows that I will not do statins and he never questions me about it.
      I did not realize your yarn cost so much money. I know I do not pay that much for the yarn I buy. What I'm using for the first time is called Loin Brand. So far it seems okay but I have not washed it yet to see how it handles.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        I think planes fly better in the denser cold air of winter than in the hotter air in summer.... Atleast thats what i have heard fighter jocks say...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
        that is true, but I think their plane does not have de-icing capabilities. So he can get above the wet cold coming out of Florida, but trying to land through the wet frigid clouds here would be the problem. Personally I think today would have been his best window of opportunity, but he he is thinking tomorrow, though there is a system coming in from the north that may get him stuck till next week. I will be out of town this weekend so even if he could get to the airport he would not have a ride home.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          Those words alone would be good enough for me to tell the quack where to stick his statins....
          My doctor is quite good actually, she will give me options but listens to me and accepts that I do my research and know myself and does not push things on me. They probably have to mention statins to avoid malpractice issues. We live in a very litigious society.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by loves walking View Post
            My cholesterol readings were just a little higher than yours and my dr. knows that I will not do statins and he never questions me about it.
            I did not realize your yarn cost so much money. I know I do not pay that much for the yarn I buy. What I'm using for the first time is called Loin Brand. So far it seems okay but I have not washed it yet to see how it handles.
            I think if my HDL's were lower, and triglycerides were higher, she might have a stronger case, and also if I had not had a fairly recent sonogram of the heart and arteries. She won't push it, but she will likely offer it.

When I first started knitting I used yarn from Michael's, it was easy to get and reasonably priced (though projects would still be more expensive than just buying it). When I started felting, I got hooked into a local shop, and the people are very helpful, and the yarns are more expensive, but oh so nice to knit with! And now when I knit, I knit for a specific person, when I started I knit because I liked the project.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Chris: The blankets I'm making for now are for donating next year. I saw a kid on TV during the holidays season who is collecting blankets for people who need them. He felt no one should have to go to bed cold. He showed some of them and I noticed that some were homemade, knitted and crocheted. So I decided to make some sizes for children and babies to use. It gives me something to do to keep me busy during watching TV and so I won't be thinking about food on my fasting days.....

Nancy

Comment

• Yep, Nancy, one of the things I like best about knitting is that I feel like I am accomplishing something while still hanging out with my Honey, who it seems cannot be comfortable at home unless the tv is on (only a very slight exaggeration).

Most of the things that I have knit have been donations. I knit more than a few felted purses and totes and they were auctioned at the high school for their art program funding, I knit hats for premies, as well as dozens of hats, scarves, and felted gloves for the homeless. I also got a pattern for a hat to go under the metal army helmets for our soldiers, but it required more precise knitting for sizing than I am capable of, so set it off to a friend who is a lifelong knitter. It is only recently that I started doing blankets for friends having babies (part of this is that I didn't have friends who were having babies until recently). And I bought some beautiful yarn on clearance and started a shawl for myself. I will have to frog it and start over as I had made some alterations to the pattern and cannot remember what they were, and of course I didn't write them down. If I ever get to get back to it again.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• well shit! my reward check from my credit card comes in and now the food processor is not on sale anymore. Must do more searching.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Oh, bummer!!!!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Dang had to cancel my first night of reservations for the Calligraphy Retreat because they are getting snow tonight and I wouldn't be able to get to the lodge tomorrow. This whole snow and ice thing was cute as long as it was giving me paid days off but now it is screwing with fun stuff. I had decided to go a day early to hang out and now that day is gone.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• My fast yesterday was partially successful. I did wait to eat until dinnertime, and dinner was lovely, but I really wanted a sweet after ward, and checking pinterest did not help that at all. So I had a bit of very dark chocolate. Not too bad, but definitely brings the calories up. I am beginning to think it is the cold or maybe boredom, anyway. Today is a non-fasting day.

Honey is flying home today. Apparently it is the wet cold that he was avoiding, so even though it is still just at freezing at ground level, it is reasonably dry between there and here. I will have to go pick him up this afternoon. Friday afternoon across town means it will be close to an hour drive, and an unpleasant one at that, not a lovely casual country drive, but right through the middle of town. Ah the things you do for your love.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Yeah, what we do for love

We are having a "snow" day (ice and cold, actually). I love and absolutely adore my children, and generally enjoy spending time with them, but I had other introvert thoughts for the day, so this was not a "hooray" moment.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• The snow days for me were only hooray moments if I got to sleep in. And they almost never decided the night before when my kids were home. This time they actually called the entire week. If I could have gotten out of town safely, I would have gone to see my mom. Of course by the time it was safe, I had to go to work (for a day then it got called again-our offices close if Metro calls school). Being more extroverted, a week at home alone has been a bit of a chore, especially since it was unplanned and I didn't get to do any of my DIY stuff. The really sad thing too is that I am sewing a cushion cover and didn't have everything I needed and then when I finally got out to get it, none of it was available in town, had to order it online anyway. Had I done that the first day I was stuck I would have had it all in time to actually sew the cushion days ago!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I had gotten up, made the boys their nutella sandwiches (yes, I know, breakfast of champions....), gone back to bed, got the call at 5:30 am. Would have been so lovely for us all to sleep in!

Chris - what's your favorite PB cookie recipe?
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

http://www.cookingclassy.com/2014/03...-chip-cookies/

This is by far the best. I will sometimes add finely chopped peanuts and if I use the chocolate chips I use mini ones.

Since It is flourless I think that is why the PB flavor is so good, there is nothing to water it down so to speak.

Super easy to make too, something the boys can very easily do themselves!

P.S. No judgements here your kids are old enough to understand their choices and the consequences as well as able to make something else if they want. I will say that I used to make a breakfast bar for mine, it was healthier than store bought, but not the healthiest things ever. Anyway one batch made enough for a week of lunches. I can email you the original recipe as well as what I do to it now for Honey's breakfast bars. If you are interested.
                                Last edited by demuralist; 02-27-2015, 06:58 PM.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X