No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will be 4 degrees when Dudla lands in Harrisburg for her interview, hope she checked that before she packed! She tried on her outfits yesterday and sent photos, she is freaking adorable, I know I am biased, but honestly. A family friend who is in the area of research she is in, (and has been mentoring her on her applications) was talking to Honey the other day and his take is that Dudla is going to walk in and the nerds in the lab are going to basically say, "her, we want her" before she even opens her mouth. And once they realize that not only is she beautiful, but bright and cheerful they will be falling all over themselves but unable to articulate how much they want her to come work with them. He (jokingly) feels like she will be a disruptive force in a nerd lab.

So, this morning the scale tells me I am back within .6 pounds of my pre-holiday weight, again, and after a non-fasting day. I am actually starting to think, and I know this isn't actually true, that earlier caloric intake is better for weight loss than later. I am only talking a few hours here, so eating the bulk of the calories by 5pm instead of 8pm. Yesterday, I got into the cookie butter that I was using for the truffle insides. And I had a huge bowl of my homemade yogurt and a banana. I was starving when I got home yesterday. But then, I was stuffed, so I had just a half a cup of butternut squash soup, and mostly to make sure it is good as it is what I am serving for company tonight. Anyway it is 237.8, really wish I would hit 235 before I go to the internist on the 19th, which is 2 weeks. Theoretically it should be easy, but since I have been dancing around this number for the past 2 weeks, well who knows. What I do know is that the doctor's office scale at my last visit only weighed me .6 pounds more than my morning weigh in at home that day, and that was with clothes on.

I haven't bragged on Boo lately, his last assignment for his research lab job was to read an academic paper and then present it to his 'boss' professor. The prof wanted to understand the theory but didn't have the time to read the paper himself. So Boo had to really understand the theory behind it and succinctly explain it to his boss. How cool is that? This week he will actually go into the lab and work on something there. He is loving life.

Company tonight, one of whom is the person who introduced Honey and I, and he is great fun. One of the others I have not seen since my wedding, so it will be fun to see him again. So dinner at our home and then off to the Bluebird.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So, last night we are off to the Bluebird and the woman who is the lead for the band that was playing was Liv Tyler's mom. Interesting. So we are sitting at our table and in walks Steven Tyler with a small entourage and sits right next to me. The crowd was generally filled with Nashville celebrities, which was very fun for those of us who are not celebrities. Sadly I felt like the lead singer was a bit of a train wreck, but the band and back up singers were fantastic and she got Steven Tyler to get up and play the harmonica. To be fair, she was thrown off by him being there I think, and she said as much. Still it was a very entertaining evening!

I am taking one of the guy's wife out to lunch, so my plans for the day are slightly rearranged, but that is fine it should be fun. though I am really going to have to limit lunch as the IBD seems to be picking up a bit. I will stop by and get some of the VSL#3, just for the month and see what happens. Maybe in conjunction with the limited diet it will make a difference.

Dudla had an uneventful flight and texted me at the end of the day, lying in her hotel bed, watching Grease, to tell me she was having an amazing time. I expected as much. That kid is proof that it is all about the attitude.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Just checking in. Love hearing about all that is going on with you right now.

Comment

• Good to see you here☺️
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• So much exciting stuff with your kids. Cant wait to hear if she got the job. Where is Harrisburg? Missed that. So, when does Boo graduate?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
              ... So, when does Boo graduate?
              Wait, he just started, didn't he? Please tell me it hasn't been YEARS!

Comment

• Dudla is in PA, interviewing for her Phd at Penn State, next weekend she will interview at Knoxville. Haven't heard from her since the first night, will be looking forward to that conversation! Our friend who is here visiting right now, Gary, is the guy who introduced Honey and I. He basically said the same thing our other friend said, once Dudla walks in the door the nerd are going to want her in their lab, and once she opens her mouth and they catch a glimpse of her spark of intelligence and bubbly enthusiasm they will be begging her to go there. Her resume is not her strong point.

Boo is a second semester sophomore. Not sure about his graduation. He can go ahead and get a masters and be done in 5 years total, or he may do the same thing as Dudla and skip straight to a Phd. I think the graphene lab stuff is very exciting for him. The fun thing is that when he was telling me about what he is doing he started to show the same kind of spark that Dudla has for her projects. So very encouraging to see.

Yesterday, food wise, was a train wreck. I do not know why. I had the opportunity to just watch my stand up comics on Netflix, knit, and enjoy my tea -Honey was at a dinner- but I hit the macadamia nuts, the tummy paid a price all night. They are not a problem in and of themselves, it is just the sheer volume that was the issue.

Today we are going to drive out to a little Meat 'n 3 that has live music for lunch, then everyone is coming back to the house and dinner is here. Tomorrow is a fast day, and right now I am thinking liquids.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Oh my, be gentle with the tummy. Will the bbq hurt it tonight?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                  Karin

Comment

• No it is just wheat and grain though sugar is probably not great. The place was great and I just had 3 wings, sweet potato fries, and ( the not good stuff here) fried okra. I will be fine I am making chicken for tonight. I also made a lemon torte that was made with whole Meyer lemons and almond meal. Interesting and not as deadly as cake I think.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Last night I made the most wonderful lemon chicken with a lovely cream sauce that included mushrooms and spinach-a true one dish meal that was totally company worthy. I had also made homemade rolls and we made cheese grits. I split a roll with BFF, and had just a tablespoon of the grits, honest, they stuck to the spoon and I couldn't get more off and decided that was the universe telling me that was plenty to get a taste and to move along.

the torte was fine, the icing was divine- and for me that is the whole purpose of having any kind of cake anyway. Anyway, even though I used 12 oz of pureed whole lemons, the torte was not as lemony as I had anticipated and was therefore a bit disappointing. the icing however had limoncello, and that could never disappoint me! We still had some of the cookie butter truffles left, and if anything those bad boys are getting better with age. They are over the top rich, and I had one of them and slowly savored it.

We took Gary to the airport this morning, went to breakfast on the way. I just could not do another meal out. I had just coffee and water while the boys ate. I feel stodgy and slow this morning and I am sure eating a deli breakfast would only have made it worse. I have made myself a 'smoothie' of banana, papaya, coconut milk, and egg whites, which I will sip on through out the day. I didn't have any frozen spinach or I would have tossed some of that in. Will drink my Kombucha, tea, and water and not actually eat today and hope that tomorrow I will feel perkier. I am really wanting to get very serious about doing my IBD-AID this week, my blood test is on the 19th.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I know this about myself and yet continue to ignore it. If I decide something is off limits then I crave it. Now in this particular instance I have pretty much put everything my brain thinks of as healthy on the off limits list in Phase I of my IBD-AID. And yesterday I could not stop thinking about food. I know that I do best if I can gradually just let something disappear from my diet. To that end, I am going to just cut out grains and cruciferous veggies. Basically high fiber foods and of course wheat. Processed foods are already pretty much gone.

So yesterday was supposed to be my fast day. I did not stay within my calorie count. On the plus side I did not succumb to any wheat, even though we have some of the homemade rolls left. Also, I did not do sugar or nuts/seeds, another good thing. But I had a salad with dinner-raw veggies are not on the Phase I list. It is very hard for me to give up salads. I really need to switch my thinking to soups, but eating soup sort of traditionally asks to have a nice roll with it. I need to do some mental work on this.

So I have gotten it into my head that I now want a food processor. So I am waiting for the 'reward' check from my credit card and I will use a bit of the cash from that to buy the processor, and probably also get myself the dutch oven, and maybe also a nice soup pot.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• A food Processor? Weren't you excited the one you had died so you could get that snazzy vitamix? LOL I imagine the raw veggies stress out the bowels and soup is a better option. There are so many amazing soup recipes out there. Maybe you are having trouble transistioning to soups because a salad is easier to do single servings on? With that being said, isn't there a function on your snazzy (i am so jealous, can you tell) vitamix that just MAKES the soup? I have seen some pretty incredible infomercials on them.
                          Karin

Comment

• Oh sure take Honey's side😉. I didn't get the grain container for the vita-mix. And I am thinking I could do flours from coconut shreds and such as well as do veggie slices for the dehydrator. Well, and it was my old blender I was waiting to die, which actually didn't die just started to leak profusely. The food processor was one I got from my in laws basement and the container kept losing pieces into whatever you were processing so I got rid of it years ago.

Yes actually using the Vitamix for single serve would is a good idea.

The only reason I will get away with the new toy is the reward check. Honey doesn't actually know about it, well he knows but it isn't on his radar like a charge would be. And there are great sales on housewares this month.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I couldn't wait for the library, I was at the book store picking up something that Honey wanted and the Konmari book was right there at the front of the store. So I bought it. Just applied the color to my roots and am about to start reading.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                I couldn't wait for the library, I was at the book store picking up something that Honey wanted and the Konmari book was right there at the front of the store. So I bought it. Just applied the color to my roots and am about to start reading.
                                Since Christmas, I have read it three times. Each reading has sparked a different revelation. It is a deceptive little ninja of a book: it seems, on the surface, so simple bordering on asinine, but under that camouflage lurk life-changing epiphanies. I am still astonished, six or so weeks on and counting...
                                Last edited by badgergirl; 02-09-2015, 04:22 PM. Reason: too many revelations
                                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Working...
                                X