No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinterest won't take the photo. I put it on Instagram.

Nancy I will PM you my name when I get back on the computer when I get back from visiting my kids tomorrow.

I will also put all the details of the blanket here. All that info is not here with me. I actually have a yarn I love using for baby blankets and I will look it up for you too. This yarn was one I had been talked into to make a cardigan for myself but I never really liked it for that. It is not a color I wear and it would have been ridiculously heavy. But it is perfect for a college boy's dorm room.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Chris: Thank you for getting back to me so soon. I will look for your PM tomorrow..
      Nancy

Comment

• So had a great time in the college town, not sure why we haven't done that more. I guess there is a balance between letting the kids live independently and hanging out with them. Now that they are away I tend to err on the side of "live independently" and maybe a little too much. Easy enough to correct now that I realize it.

So weight this morning after 2 days of eating out and lots of walking...239, yep I lost weight, so 1.8 pounds to match my pre-holiday celebrations weight. I was not able to totally follow my IBD_AID, but figured at least I would eat small amounts of food.

So Friday I just ate dinner (well we call it dinch = dinner/lunch mash up) and it was super fantastic. If you have access to a Tupelo Honey Restaurant, their browned butter brussels sprouts are amazing. And yes brussels sprouts are not on my 'ok to eat' list right now, don't judge they were yummy! Then we went to see the play "Extremities" and it was extremely well done and brutal for me to sit through, I just don't handle portrayals of violence well, especially sexual, and well thank goodness they had a discussion panel afterward or the strong emotions and physical discomforts (nausea, heart palpitations, sweating, crying,etc) I experienced watching the play would not have allowed me to fall asleep.

and by the way, Boo said my cake bites are famous among his friends and they were all hoping that I would bring some of those, and they were trying to figure out how to hint to me that is what they really wanted. His dorm room will be popular during the game today!

Saturday we went to a local diner, and I had a spinach omelet (well cooked greens are ok) and gave my biscuit to my daughter, that was painful as it was a beautiful biscuit and they had local honey. Then Dudla and I did a quick Trader Joe's run while waiting for the mall to open and then had 2.5 hours to shop for her interview clothes, and oh my goodness what a whirlwind of shopping we did. While we were at breakfast we made a plan of what she needed and where we were most likely to find it. Then not only did we find everything she needed, but all but one piece was at a significant discounted price. 2 pairs of pants (black and grey), a beautiful dress jacket (navy), a pull over (seafoam green), a cardigan (navy), and 2 blouses (striped and polka dots) that when added to her LBD and black dress jacket and taupe shoes are going to be the basis of a beautiful interview/conference wardrobe. And everything fit like it was made for her so no tailoring necessary.

Then she had to go to the 1:00 show of the play, so I went to the art museum while the boys were at the basketball game. Then we took Boo to his fav BBQ place for dinner, went back and picked up Dudla to get some comfortable black dress shoes for her (we got the shoes at DSW, clothes at the mall) and a new pair of shoes for Boo as well as a couple of dress shirts for him. Afterward dropped them off at his dorm which is next to the theater where Dudla had to be for the 7pm showing of the play.

Then we drove home, Honey sleeping the whole way so no rest stop stops needed, no traffic or slow downs and I was in my living room enjoying a nice cup of tea in record time!

Today is a fast day, I am going to go liquid to try to rest my intestines. Plan to go to the mall (along with everyone else in the city) to see if they have a blouse here for Dudla they didn't have in her size in her mall, as well as pick up a few things for Honey and Boo. That will get me some nice walking in again today (yesterday's step total was well over 12,000 with 15 "flights of stairs" climbed-their campus is quite hilly).

Her first interview is this coming weekend, and it is a 3 day event! Fingers crossed.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love this post. Hoping the interviews go well for your daughter!!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I want to write more, but am finding myself too lazy and distracted. Tomorrow I can do a proper response.

The blanket you made for your son was divine. My knitting skills, even with my loom, are just nowhere close.......... I have no doubt the cake pops are awesome. Gluten intolerant though I am, maybe you'll make me some one day when I come visit (and, maybe you can do my hair as well?). I'm thinking they would be worth it!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• oh, they are most definitely worth it! But there are likely gluten free cake bites I could make that would be just as good. I would be excited to do your hair, and would love for you to come visit!!!!

I just got some new yarn to make the twins blankets. They are due late summer, so I need to get my butt in gear on those.

Ruth, My knitting started out pretty horribly. So I felted a few projects, a very nice cloche type hat, and more than a few purses. The beauty of knitting for a felted project is that it doesn't matter if it is uneven or you dropped a stitch or picked up an extra stitch because none of the stitches show once you have done the felting. It is a great way to get the practice needed to get consistent but still end up with something you can use and are not embarrassed to admit you did.

On the way to the yarn store I stopped off at Dillard's to pick up some things for Honey and found 2 very nice sweaters for me. I actually only have 1 sweater that is not a cardigan, so I desperately needed these. LOVE the sale that is going on there right now!
              Last edited by demuralist; 02-02-2015, 07:53 AM.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I started knitting the baby blanket. Just using a standard checkerboard, so it will knit quickly. I am using the same pattern for both blankets, just slightly different colors of yarn. It is a wonderful yarn to work with, very soft and washable, but still natural fibers. I chose to use "natural" colors since I don't know the genders and this way the blankets can be passed down or used for other children if they are crazy enough to have any more after having twins.

So today, need to get on the treadmill, vacuum the house and clean the bathrooms (we have company coming this weekend). Want to read a little bit of "Hold Me Tight" a book that was recommended to me and I finally got from the library. Also, gotta get some knitting done.

p.s. even though yesterday was a less than successful fasting day, and I did not stick to the "all liquid diet" I had planned, I did still lose weight, and I am within .6 pounds of my pre-holiday celebrations weight. I am excited for what this means for the scale this week. Today is a non-fasting day.
                Last edited by demuralist; 02-02-2015, 09:05 AM.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• started the checkerboard, ad apparently had miscounted the cast on, it was 130 instead of 132, kind of messes up the math. So I had to frog it back to the border, no big deal just one row, then fix the math. OK. So then back to the checkerboard, and what, I screwed it up and did 2 knits squares in a row, don't notice it until I am 3 rows in, have to frog it all the way back to the border again. Shit. Had to walk away to keep my sanity.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Chris: Did you ever post the checkerboard one that you made on Raverly? Or is this the first time you are making this pattern.
                    I don't know how to post pictures there so I won't be able to post the one I'm doing now there.

It sounds like you had a great time at College Town plus the fact you lost weight while away is great.

Last year I had been playing around with 5:2 and 4:3 with 80/20 primal. And lost about 22 lbs. doing it and put about 3 back on during the holidays. So I have been following your journal (lurking mostly)to see how you have been doing on it. This year I'm going to be more serious with it.
                    Nancy

Comment

• Nancy, this is the first time I am doing the checkerboard as a blanket, I used the pattern for a bunch of scarves a few years back but they were all gifts and I didn't think to take photos. Is Ravelry giving you an error message or you just have not found where to put the pictures?

Yesterday was not a good day, ended up eating to soothe emotions. It didn't work and then I felt physically not great as well as emotionally down.

Talked to sis and found out mom fell again. Mom is not admitting anything is wrong she is just sore she says. Probably true and it is really her general klutziness, which has always been a family joke, that is now worrisome.

Today is a year since my father passed away and the kids on his basketball team raised the money to have a very nice banner printed and installed in their gym. Sis sent me a pic yesterday and it is very nice, so sweet of them.

Boo turned 20 yesterday. Time marches on.

Today is a fast day. I will do my veggie pick up and then grocery shop on the way home from work. The roads were slick yesterday so I didn't go out. I will be stocking up on the allowable foods from my Phase 1, gotta let the intestines rest.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Sorry yesterday was a tough day for you. I have tried to eat for emotions and yeah, that drug does not work. Hope today is better on your fast day and the tummy is feeling better.
                        Karin

Comment

• emotionally a little better, physically much better. Helps to be at work on a fast day especially when it is an emotional day.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• So my internist, being the thorough person that she is, had her nurse call to make an appointment for a follow up to the blood work I had done last week. New set will likely be needed, and this time fasting. Easy enough. At any rate, I could not talk the nurse into letting it pass assuming there was an error at the lab. So in I will go.

Today is more boring than usual at work. After work I will be making the bread and dessert for tomorrow night's dinner, neither of which do I have any business eating. In fact all I can really eat will be the soup. We shall see how I do. I am just putting out some nice cheeses and spiced nuts as an appetizer, a nice salad with CSA veggies, a butternut squash soup (again CSA), homemade bread (just regular as I have not yet been successful at making the sour dough starter and not practiced enough with the einkorn yet to serve it to company). Then dessert will be truffles made with Trader Joe's Cookie Butter and cream cheese and dark chocolate and dipped in chocolate. Then we will all go out to the Bluebird for some live music. If I reach far enough into my AID phases I can eat some of the cheese and the salad, but no bread or truffles.

Oh, and I have to do some housekeeping-bathrooms and vacuum.

Forgot to add that I only lost .4 pounds after what felt like a successful fast day. I had a sweet potato with a piece of bacon crunched over it, and two of my iced coffees and two 30oz teas and a 30oz bottle of water. Oh well, today is a non-fasting day. I will make some salmon and a salsa with banana, avocado, and papaya (weird I know but phase 1).
                            Last edited by demuralist; 02-04-2015, 10:24 AM.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• sound like a lovely meal. Soup sounds really good today. It could be because the warmest today will get was 7:30 this morning.
                              Karin

Comment

• sound like a lovely meal. Soup sounds really good today. It could be because the warmest today will get was 7:30 this morning.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X