No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for you input Doc, I honestly think it should have been 149 and it was a typo from the lab. Any research I try to do on it basically says I took too much medicine for my diabetes. But I don't have diabetes nor do I take any kind of medication that would lower my BS. And seriously with a number that low I feel like I would have at least started to notice in the form of lightheadedness or nausea or any of the other signs of low BS. Last time they did the test was under the same sort of conditions, ie. Non-fasting and the number was 149. If I get time at work today I plan to spend some of it doing some research on it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Went and looked at the link. Interesting both that ALL the patients who attempted the diet were able to reduce or eliminate their medications, but that only 27 of the 40 would even TRY it. I wonder, if they went back to the 13, and said, this WILL have SOME positive effect, they would get any of them to try it. Seems so often when we are having medical issues, and have tried lots of things, we convince ourselves that it is just not worth trying any more. And yet, even knowing this, it seems incredible that so many would not even try it. Just changing your diet, for a limited amount of time? Of all the crazy things we try, that seems worth a shot. It's not like it costs as much as medicine.

Comment

• and with IBD, it seems really obvious to me at least, that diet would play a huge role. It is your intestines for heavens sake! Of all the claims that pills and other diets make about their supposed benefits, a change in diet absolutely has to effect your intestines in one way or another!

Well, yesterday the boss was in town and he took us out for our Christmas dinner. We couldn't do it before Christmas because both he and one of the staffers was ill. I am not well versed enough yet in this new dietary plan to be able to eat out on the fly. I need to memorize my list. So I had soup, which the menu said was Gluten free, and a salad, no bread or grain. Of course, I went home and reread my list and saw that I am not supposed to eat raw veggies right now, but at least most of what I ate was on the ok list, even if it was raw (I can have cooked or pureed greens). So now when I go out, I basically need to focus on cooked veggies or sweet potato/pumpkin/winter squash. It is a good time of year to be in phase 1 here.

Work today, then I need to finish knitting Boo's blanket, I have 32 rows left and each row takes about 20 minutes. I am going on Friday, to visit him for his birthday. Making the cake balls, which are so very not on my list-no wheat or sugar allowed, will be wearing the surgical mask during that process. I am looking forward to hearing about his new job and how his classes are going. Dudla will join us for dinner as well, and she and I will go shopping on Saturday so I can get her some interview clothes. I am excited.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• When I had my last colonoscopy a few years ago I was low carb. The low carb plus the fasting for the procedure had my fasting glucose at 50. With the BGL at that level I felt slow, mentally foggy and just not right.

And I have one sister with diabetes that tends to have lows like your 49. She is definitely off, in a loopy kind of way.

Comment

• I don't think I am off in a loopy kind of way

See, I felt really good going into the office, no lethargy or mental fogginess, kind of perky. Weird, given the sugar I had eaten that morning I should have felt like crap.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• home today, making cake bites and knitting. I am wearing my oral sleeping device while making the cake bites, it is keeping me from doing any sampling at all, perfect as today is my fasting day.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I think it will be interesting to see how fast your gut heals with this new protocol. What you eat DEFIANTLY affects your gut- living proof here. While I eat very little processed items, I now know I need to be more diligent on condiments (which I love) as they can have a nasty effect and be hiding an amazing number of allergin ingredients.

Yeah on having a plan and avoiding a cake ball disaster!
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Is the blanket done?
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Cake bites are done and not a single lick taste or bite (blt as WW used to call it).

Now on to the blanket. I will post a picture on Pinterest in my "I did it" board and let you know I have finished. Down to the last 16 rows.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Woo hoo!!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing it.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Finished the blanket trying to upload the picture to Pinterest but it is having troubles it will get there soon though.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Good job on the cake bites. You have really worked out a good method for yourself. Smart lady.

I will check out Pinterest today, to see the blanket.

Comment

• Okay, looks like the blanket isn't up yet? Getting excited
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Yeah! I count 3 successes here!
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Chris: What is your name on Pinterest? I would love to see the blanket you made. What kind of baby yarn do you use and needle size? I had made one using two stands of yarn but was not happy with the yarn I use. The one I made was called 8 hour baby blanket.
                                thanks
                                Nancy

Comment

Working...
                                X