No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost again after a non-fasting day, just 3 pounds to my pre-holiday low weight.

One of the things that has been happening this week is an unintentional eating window. The bulk of my calories have been ingested during my witching hours, about 3 to 6. Now I have still been drinking my creamed coffee on non-fasting days (fasting days are now just with coconut milk), and a very small bit with Honey when he has his dinner (also on non-fasting days), but 90% of my calories are occurring in the window. Why, because that is when I am hungry, DAH!!!!!

Today, I will do some more work on the photos and the messenger bag, going shopping as soon as the temperatures rise far enough above freezing, basket ball game late this afternoon, and of course...knit knit knit!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• You are on a roll, lady. Looks like window + anti-inflammatory is doing it's job. Hooray!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, generally feeling better, physically and mentally.

Hey, just a question to everyone...I am planning to send a check to my cousin's wife in her sympathy note. I was thinking that instead of sending flowers it would be more useful to her. They did not include an alternative charity to donate to in his obit. Honey doesn't think I should send anything. He agrees that flowers are a waste. Sees the check as charity and an insult. I am going to send it with a note that explains that I am sending it to her in lieu of flowers and she should feel free to donate to cousin's charity of choice, use it to pay bills, put it in the bank, or buy herself flowers her choice. What do you all think?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I do not know their financial situation, but I know when my mom's last husband died, those checks were amazingly useful and very much appreciated. Honestly, even though we are financially secure, I would probably appreciate a check. But, that's just me.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Could you leave the 'to' line blank to underscore this? I too think money would be welcome and, if she wants, she can use it to pay the florist.
            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• So after 2 non-fasting days in a row, I am just up half a pound, eeee, today is a fasting day. Things are going very well, I have again had a very busy morning.

I did some more work on the photo transfers, made some leather conditioner and then conditioned all of my leather winter shoes and boots, and all of Honey's (well he only has 4 pairs of shoes total, so no biggie there). I finished the repair of his messenger bag, and a purse I found for Dudla.

So yesterday, I went back to the Goodwill store because I realized I had gotten so excited about the messenger bag and lamp shade I had not actually looked for what I went for. As I walked in, one of the ladies that works there was hanging things up, and she hung up a pristine, dark navy, leather, Coach bag. Price...$4.99! I didn't care for it myself as the opening is too small and I would never be able to find what I am looking for in there, however, Dudla's handbag is an embarrassment, and this will be the replacement. It is so very nice and seriously she should have it for life, nice classic style.

I looked up the messenger bag (did I say this already, hope I am not repeating myself) and it sells for $225. The coach bag originally sold for $340 (who would pay that?).

kitchen cleaned (again and again and again, I do not understand how it gets so messy with just the 2 of us, going to have to admit I am a whirling dervish in the kitchen I guess). in process of reconditioning a couple of my cast iron pans, now that is messy.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Crap I was doing so well, nice dinner and pulled out a few luscious strawberries to finish off a very successful fast day when Honey suggests that they would be really good dipped in chocolate. And even that would not have been a big deal except I could not get the chocolate to a nice thin dipping consistency and since it was so thick the coating was very thick and I did not of course eat less because the chocolate was so thick and not even as good as if it was thinner and thus in better balance so I ate too much and now feel bloated and a little ill. Blah
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• So then this morning I tried to roll the cake bites but they were mushy. One too many substitutions in the baking I guess. I certainly gases enough to know they tasted good but there was no saving them and tossed the batch.

Then I had to go to my Gastro appointment. Interestingly enough, even fully clothed and after all that red velvet cake I weighed the same at the office as I did at home naked and before the cake. The other interesting thing is that my potassium is high and my blood sugar, obviously NOT fasting, was 49! I wonder if all that sugar from the chocolate last night and cake this morning caused a rebound?

She has asked me to seriously work on an IBD-AID (Anti Inflammatory Diet), talk to my internist about the potassium and low BS, and she congratulated me on my continued weight loss😊
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Is that an error on the BS? Holy cow, that's LOW. My usually 65-70.......
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Yeah I think there is something wrong there, I didn't at all feel like I had low BS at all. Wouldn't I have passed out if it was that low? I am not going to worry too much about it.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Your fasting BS was 49? How is that possible?
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• no, even weirder, my non-fasting BS was 49, supposedly.

So I have to do a total true confession here, and admit I had a LOT of chocolate on Sunday night, and a LOT of cake in the morning on Monday, before I went to the doctor's office. Not sure how that would effect the number, but really don't know if a non-fasting number is even of any value.

The scale this morning just added insult to injury, literally, I gained 3 pounds (the insult) and my entire abdomen is achy (the injury). I am extremely uncomfortable due to the quantity and quality of the food I put in my mouth the past 2 days, and I am thankful today is a fast day. I am also going to print out the IBD-AID and start with phase 1, which is fairly restrictive but will be short lived, I will then move through all the phases (there are 4) as my symptoms subside. The link for the diet if anyone is interested...http://www.nutritionj.com/content/pd...-2891-13-5.pdf

Work today, and the boss is in town, we are supposed to do the staff lunch that we didn't get to do for Christmas, I will just eat some soup or something and consider that my meal for the day.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• well, I tell you the quickest way for my tummy to get back to normal was small bland meals. I had the tummy issue over a week from the gluten and dairy before having to give it all up.
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• well that is pretty much all that phase 1 list is going to allow. Apparently for me it is not gluten so much as wheat, grains, and high fiber foods, at least in the beginning. As far as dairy, I can have a bit of cream, and yogurt, eventually adding hard cheese. Fermented veggies don't get added in until phase 3. My Dr. would like me to add back the VSL#3, but at $45 for 60 tablets, and she says the studies were done with up to 12 a day, it is not in my budget.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• A non-fasting glucose result can be informative, particularly if it is in relation to a known glucose load. (i.e. a glucose tolerance test), and their is a "normal" range for a non-fasting glucose result.... 49 aint anywhere close to being in the upper end. If memory serves me correctly a non-fasting glucose should b below 150 to be considered normal. There is a bottom of the range, but I don't remember what it is.... but I'm betting 49 is below the "normal" lower level...

Comment

Working...
                                X